No good high interest savings accounts left?

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mayberry getting old lol we all thinking about our retirments and shit

Anyways I was comparing high yield savings accounts today and it looks like across the board annual rates are in the toilet. What do you guys think about that? Just temporary due to COVID or the new normal?

Nothing to do with covid. Interest rates starting going down more than 20 years ago. Good if you're buying a house, bad if you expect a good rate on an FDIC guaranteed account. If you want a decent return you'll need to be in mutual funds. No guarantee but if you're patient it should work out.

Last edited:
I hear bonds are on an upward trend this year.

It is known.

Gotta invest/take risk to beat inflation. This is by design.

If you want high interest, you must consider why the payor is paying high interest like maybe too risky lending that company money.

Stupid dumb fuck Ally went from 2.2 to 0.5 in the last 18 months.

20 years my ass. Ill be waiting for your reply, genius.

I have no idea what this rubbish even means.

But on the topic bank accounts haven’t been yielding good returns for along time now. Even CDs are really bad too and have been that way since the 2000s

Stupid dumb fuck Ally went from 2.2 to 0.5 in the last 18 months.

20 years my ass. Ill be waiting for your reply, genius.

The most noticeable was in 2008 with the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act. Banks said, "Fuck yo' money!" Most of them have been a fraction of a percent from there on out.

Celsius Network, over 10% on USDC and other stablecoins, also interest on cryptos and easy low interest loans on crypto collateral.

Back