No gi guard

boomstickbjj

White Belt
Reaction score
When the opponent is in my guard, and places both hands on my biceps to block my movement, Ive always just placed both of my hands on one side of his face, one over another and locked my arms straight and pushed him away to make space for myself to work and get my hip out.

Ive never really questioned it as it always works so well and Ive never really had any problems from there but....
what do you guys do when your opponent places both hands on your biceps?

Im also just trying to go as in depth with the basics as possible, Ive been training on the ground 10 years now but find my game shoots up so much when I just pick up little details on the basics that make every thing click (roger gracie just uses basic jiu jitsu after all.

So my second question is, in no gi, what are all the different ways you like to use to break posture/???
Please link any videos or written texts or photo demonstrations showing all the different ways to break posture in no gi guard.

Im really wanting to go back to scratch here and just get as in depth as i possibly can with each intricate little detail in the basics of my game.

thanks

bridge your hips up to 1 side and push his head to the opposite side of the side you bridged is what i do sounds weird but i always get alot of space when doing that

Thank you for commenting.
Pretty simular to what I do pushing the face, pretty much the same thing, it works well for sure.

Anyone got any input on breaking posture in guard (no gi only) Im really wanting to go in depth with that part of my game, as its step 1 in my guard to setting my favourite techniques up.

ttt lets get talking about breaking posture and all the different ways to do it no-gi

Back