No Gi brazillian fightwear

yelm said:
I don't know why it bugs me so much about the Brazil nogi thing. I don't know the whole story but from what I've read it seems they have stolen the name from Mr. Brennan. Makes me want to order something from the REAL NO GI.

There gear is second rate to chris B's gear.

why couldn't they come up with a name of there own!!!

^^^^^That is also what I have heard, second rate. I've never used either but Jeff Monson has nothing but good things to say about the REAL NOGI.

is it true there is a legal battle going on over the nogi name ripoff? I've over heard it but don't know if its true

from a legal standpoint though, Brennans nogi is one word, and there is an accent on the o in nogi, kinda like fokai stuff, and also tha brazillian brand is two words, so i dont really understand how there could be a legal battle, but i do understand the feeeling of being dicked over by them from brennans standpoint

NI-KE but pronounced NIKE? Am I cool to do that?

stu3ufc said:
There gear is second rate to chris B's gear.

why couldn't they come up with a name of there own!!!
Riiiight, as if you've ever used anything from them. Nogi Brasol is probably just as good as the "real" nogi. And come on, as if "No Gi" is a original name to begin with. I'm suyre both companies could've thought of a better name then "no gi".

I don't really care one way or the other about the name issue, but I don't think I'm going to buy from a company that makes a No Gi Gi unless No means something significant else in Portugese.

HellSent said:
i think it's legit... i mean they sponsor a lot of well known fighters...

MMA GEAR used to sponsor alot of fighters too! but nogi Brasil should be legit

Soid said:
Riiiight, as if you've ever used anything from them. Nogi Brasol is probably just as good as the "real" nogi. And come on, as if "No Gi" is a original name to begin with. I'm suyre both companies could've thought of a better name then "no gi".

Actually!! my friend has two nogi brasil rahsguards - and he says they are falling apart at the seems and hes used them like 3 times.

The brasilian version is way too expensive. They are focusing too much on image than quality. Just cos belfort wears them shorts or that t-shirt- means they are the shit- so they can charge what they like

actually chris B used came up with NOGI way before the brazilian version

As the only dealer for NoGi Brazil in Europe, I'm not gonna spend my time defending the company AGAIN.

I have every respect for Chris B and his products. NoGi Brazil is not a 'knock-off' brand it makes no attempt to copy anyones products so personally I can't see why the owner would seek to deliberately steal a brand name. As has been said before on the forum, in the 1990's there was a luta livre club in Brazil called NoGi. I remember seeing some Brazilian fights around 1996/7 where the corner men wore t-shirts saying that. I'm not trying to make out that that is the source - it may be or it might not.

As for the NoGi products falling apart.... we have sold NoGi for over six months. In that time we have had one complaint about one pair of shorts. In the scheme of things that is far less than a 1 per cent return rate.

I've worn a NoGi rash for quite a few months training twice per week with no problems. As for the ownership of the name.... again not gonna get pulled into a battle which isnt mine BUT I seem to remember seeing that NoGi Brazil registered their website before Chris did. All in all, its largely irrelevent. I honestly don't think NoGi Brazil is taking any trade from Chris as his reputation and products stand out as being quality themselves.

This is an old dog and maybe its time to stop whipping it!

stu3ufc said:
Actually!! my friend has two nogi brasil rahsguards - and he says they are falling apart at the seems and hes used them like 3 times.

The brasilian version is way too expensive. They are focusing too much on image than quality. Just cos belfort wears them shorts or that t-shirt- means they are the shit- so they can charge what they like

actually chris B used came up with NOGI way before the brazilian version
Way too expensive? Dude their shorts sell for like 30 bucks, shirts are less then 20. WTF are you talking about? How can you say that when NogiUSA has a short selling for over 50 bucks.

People are just dickriding him for absolutely no reason just because of a name which was unoriginal to begin with. Everyone who does BJJ has a No Gi class, and it's obvious both of these companies took it from that. Anyways, NoGiUSA has only made more money after NoGiBrasil popped up.

Big deal, it's just a fuckin name. If they came out with a different name, most of you guys wouldn't be bad mouthing them. But since they came out with a name just as unoriginal as the other brand, you guys start buggin as if you just found out the owner banged your mothers.

IT WAS ORIGINAL FOR A CLOTHING COMPANY MORON. I didn't take a name of a company and use it to sell the same thing. As far as websites being registered first...Is that a Joke. my site was up and running in 2003 when we sponsored Grapplers Quest in Vegas. There site didn't come up till 2005 when they announced their company on ADCC. I am not going to get in to this again either but please don't say shit that isn't even remotely true.

PS. Our most expensive short is $48 not over 50 and they are embroidered in 3 spots and aren't made of GI material and are worth EVERY DIME...Our quality is AWESOME so there is nothing to say about that either. No one is dickriding me or our company they are just speaking from using and feeling the stuff and knowing it is good shit...

No shit, you make quality clothes, but to blindly diss another company is retarded and gay. I expect you guys to give a fuck, but not some dude that has NOTHING to do with the company whatsoever. Why should I as a customer, give a fuck about what you guys are arguing about? But if I've never tried the grear of Brasilian NoGi and were trying to bring them down JUST BECAUSE OF A NAME, then I would definently be a moron. Why should the name bother me as a customer.. shouldn't the gear? That's when shit gets out of line.

Alright enough of the non sense of who's are better. I've got a deal for you Chris Brennan........................

Ok as you all know or you do now i've got a pair of the Brazil NOGI shorts on the way right now and plan on writing a review with some detailed pictures, my proposition to you Chris is sell or send a pair of your shorts(or even a discount after spending $67 after shipping on the Brazil NOGI shorts, i'm kinda hesitant about buying another pair of shorts right now, i just bought the '06 Sprawls shorts as well) depends on how confident you are in your product and i'll review the 2 Shorts against each other with out being bias one bit towards either brand(yes i like Vitor but not enough to nuthug over a pair of shorts) and i'll write the review and let everyone know the truth.

I've heard alot of good things about the Brennan NOGI brand and just liked the looks of the Brazil NOGI's so thats why i ordered them but i will tell you that the NOGI Brazil brand shorts are way cooler looking on TV than in real life, my buddie seen them and that was the first thing he said, "man those arent as bad a$$ as i thought they would be!

Soid said:
Way too expensive? Dude their shorts sell for like 30 bucks, shirts are less then 20. WTF are you talking about? How can you say that when NogiUSA has a short selling for over 50 bucks.

People are just dickriding him for absolutely no reason just because of a name which was unoriginal to begin with. Everyone who does BJJ has a No Gi class, and it's obvious both of these companies took it from that. Anyways, NoGiUSA has only made more money after NoGiBrasil popped up.

Big deal, it's just a fuckin name. If they came out with a different name, most of you guys wouldn't be bad mouthing them. But since they came out with a name just as unoriginal as the other brand, you guys start buggin as if you just found out the owner banged your mothers.

you find me the vitor belfort nogi shorts for $30!!! they are $50 actually

The Vitor shorts are rather expensive. The shorts are like $51.00 and then you pay $16.00 for shipping so you out $67.00 after all is said and done!

J-Braz I doubt you are going to get any thing from chris seeing as you are a white belt who at least I don't know from around here. Why don't you get a job and support the sport and buy a pair from Chris. He isn't asking for an arm and a leg. So I will say No for Chris.

J-Braz said:
The Vitor shorts are rather expensive. The shorts are like $51.00 and then you pay $16.00 for shipping so you out $67.00 after all is said and done!

jbaz you don't need anymore shorts dude- sprawl and ur belfot ones will be ok

Back