NO EARLY STOPPAGE!!!

Bring in Big Dan. He will make sure the fight reaches its natural conclusion.

?

Bud Usman has 8 decision wins in the UFC. He's a grinder and Masvidal is tough as nails.

Go ahead and bet on a finish in this fight and post your betting slip...
You're not wrong but surviving against a guy that's as strong as Usman requires being in top shape otherwise he'll run through his opponent. He's probably stronger than GSP and Hughes, 2 of the strongest grapplers at WW before him. If Masvidal is anything but in top shape he will get ragdolled by a dude that has the strength of top fighters a weight class above him.

GSP didn't finish a large portion of his fights but he would have had any of his opponents jumped off the couch on short notice out of shape. Imagine a guy with 250lb grip strength and a 600lb deadlift grappling against a guy with 100lb grip strength and a 300lb deadlift, it'll be a Volvo vs a Mack truck all over again.

You're not wrong but surviving against a guy that's as strong as Usman requires being in top shape otherwise he'll run through his opponent. He's probably stronger than GSP and Hughes, 2 of the strongest grapplers at WW before him. If Masvidal is anything but in top shape he will get ragdolled by a dude that has the strength of top fighters a weight class above him.

GSP didn't finish a large portion of his fights but he would have had any of his opponents jumped off the couch on short notice out of shape. Imagine a guy with 250lb grip strength and a 600lb deadlift grappling against a guy with 100lb grip strength and a 300lb deadlift, it'll be a Volvo vs a Mack truck all over again.

That's not the point here though. You indicated that he will finish Masvidal.

Masvidal has been finished once in 38 fights and Usman hasn't been able to finish far inferior fighters in the UFC

I have no doubt Usman is going to dominate the fight but a finish here is the least likely outcome by Usman. He certainly isn't going to submit Masvidal who survived Maia on his back for almost an entire fight.

That's not the point here though. You indicated that he will finish Masvidal.

Masvidal has been finished once in 38 fights and Usman hasn't been able to finish far inferior fighters in the UFC

I have no doubt Usman is going to dominate the fight but a finish here is the least likely outcome by Usman. He certainly isn't going to submit Masvidal who survived Maia on his back for almost an entire fight.
I get your point and do agree a sub is unlikely but my analogy to Hughes vs Gracie was simply for how much Hughes absolutely dominated and pushed Royce around like he was 2 weight classes below.

I don't agree a stoppage is unlikely simply because we don't know what shape Masvidal is coming in. If he is less than his best shape and Usman gets full mount he will finish Jorge. We will have to wait and see.

Colby wasn’t going to win the fight barring a miracle, but the gnp was very soft and wasn’t landing. Cejudo’s gnp was hard and was landing clean. I don’t think Colby should have been stopped when Goddard called it. Not a good stoppage imo.

I think it was more because he had dropped Colby badly twice in the previous 30 seconds, and Colby was just hanging on to a leg. You have move.
Dom was landed on clean, but he was also moving and there was less than 5 seconds left in the round.

I think it was more because he had dropped Colby badly twice in the previous 30 seconds, and Colby was just hanging on to a leg. You have move.
Dom was landed on clean, but he was also moving and there was less than 5 seconds left in the round.
The build up to Colby’s tko was significant, but Colby wasn’t in much danger when the gnp started. I think Goddard simply has to let it play out for a few seconds longer.

The thing with Dom’a one is that the refs aren’t supposed to take into account the time left in the round. Dom was trying to do something but he looked helpless and in danger. He must have eaten close to 10 unanswered punches.

Back