No disrespect to Covington’s previous opponents, but it’s about time he fought a guy in his prime.

HaulParris

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Lawler has been on the decline since the Condit fight. RDA is still game, but years removed from his lightweight glory. Maia has been past his prime for years. DHK, Barbarena, and Pyle are tough tests, but have never been contender material.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m not saying these match-ups have been easy. I also realize that guys can have late-career resurgences - like Masvidal (and Lawler a few years back).

I do hope the Usman fight is next for Covington, so we can see how he does against someone in his prime.

What do you folks think?

Lawler looked like a live body in his last fight when almost killing Ben

Just so I understand

WW's in prime: Usman, Ponzinibbio, edwards
WW's not in prime: wonderboy, till, woodley, lawler, askren, masvidal

Something like that?

You wanna see him beat people who are winning right now, but ww doesn't have that many guys that aren't alternating wins and losses

To be fair he's fought some of the best in the division. RDA, Maia, Lawler are all top level even though not in their prime.

Too be fair Usman fought them after in very similar fights and is now a champ.

uhh u say this as though colby is choosing who he wishes t fight

colby didnt even get t spar during this camp at all due to his cut and still came out with that cardio and timing

if u think anyone can get that far to the title without fighting anyone you are beyond stupid

Back