No chatter on Lion Fight?

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by MilesAbove, Sep 18, 2013.

1. MilesAbove

MilesAbove Gold Belt

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  2. ProBoxingInsidr

ProBoxingInsidr Silver Belt

i was at the weigh ins today. here are the face offs. press conference stuff will be up in a few. Cyborg didnt do any interviews and i didnt feel comfortable enough to ask any of the other fighters anything because i know shit about muay thai. but i will get more on Friday.

3. Razor Bump

Razor Bump The Authority On Stand Up Fighting

Good looking out. We had a thread for this, but it is early in the morning give them a chance to wake up.

4. ProBoxingInsidr

full press conference

5. MilesAbove

MilesAbove Gold Belt

I was there as well. Press conference. Weigh-ins are today at 5pm. Show should be a great one.

Cyborg was in a s#it mood due to her difficulty cutting weight. I was able to grab an interview with her after she went back up to her room.

Fights should be pretty damn good though. I'm interested to see how Yamato does. Kevin Ross is no joke, but he's also touchable.

6. charlesponzi

charlesponzi Blue Belt

I want Schiavello commentating Glory.

7. ManUnderMask

ManUnderMask Yellow Belt

Stupid question: How does one watch Lion Fights? Is there a stream?

8. Cocakillbana

Cocakillbana Black Belt

You're surprised there is no chatter for a card that is headlined by Cosmo Alexandre vs Nampon?

9. DW HKL

DW HKL Blue Belt

Yeah this card doesn't really have any of the luster that past ones had.

Cris Cyborg doing Muay Thai isn't going to set the world on fire.

10. MilesAbove

MilesAbove Gold Belt

Listen, I know its no K-1 show. But getting Cosmo, Cyborg, Mala, and Kevin Ross on the same card isn't exactly chump stuff either.

I'm just surprised on a forum subsection that talks MT/Kickboxing, it wasn't even on the radar... if for no other reason than Cyborg is fighting (for those casuals).

11. MilesAbove

MilesAbove Gold Belt

Poster and stories have said AXS TV is carrying it. I don't watch TV so I have no idea what AXS TV is, but the CEO of the D Hotel (who is hosting it) said its "nationwide coverage" so I imagine its at least somewhat a standard channel in modern tv packages.

12. andyjeezy

andyjeezy Brown Belt

The Best Place in the World Southern California
    Yamato vs Ross should be a barnburner especially if it goes to the later rounds. Yamato looked decent against Sagetdao his last time out before he got cut and Ross started to late against Embree and could've easily won if he would've started earlier in the fight.

I'm rooting for Kevin Ross here but I wouldn't be suprised if Tetsuyo Yamato koed him with that vicious left hook to the body that he has. Cant wait.

13. DW HKL

DW HKL Blue Belt

Yeah, that's pretty much THE fight to watch on this card.

14. MilesAbove

MilesAbove Gold Belt

It seemed most intriguing given the attitudes and records of both guys. Ross is a local product (now training in california) so he pulls a lot of the interest from local sports talk around here. Yamato is a totally disarming character. He seems pleased as punch to be here.

No joke though, passed Colomb in the lobby before the conference... straight-up stereotype of a french lady. Nose up, good looking, well dressed, sunglasses inside. She's a very nice lady, don't get me wrong, but it was funny how well she fit the stereotype. Also, a fantastic contrast to Cyborg.

Lion Fight did well to at least get someone who is dangerous on paper. 10-0 with 10 kos isn't anything to thumb a nose at since Cyborg will likely not pace herself at all.

15. ProBoxingInsidr

its axs tv which used to be hdnet, owned by mark cuban. pat miletich will also be on commentary.

16. Promus

Promus White Belt

Only fight that interests me is Ross vs. Yamato after that I could care less. Don't care about Cyborg fighting Muay Thai, it just seems like a PR move more than anything so could care less and Nampon vs Cosmo is going to put everyone to sleep.

After their previous 3 fights on AXS rocked this one is probably going to be a snoozer. Hopefully the young talent they have on the card which seems like there is a lot can step it up. Malaipet fighting an MMA guy does nothing to peak my interest either. Where the hell is a guy like TOpic?

17. Rollermanskunk

Rollermanskunk Purple Belt

What can we say about this picture without being banned from Sherdog?

[​IMG]

18. DW HKL

DW HKL Blue Belt

Cyborg's choice in tights is questionable.

19. MilesAbove

MilesAbove Gold Belt

She's got her own sense of style, that's for sure.

Every perv on Fremont street wanted pictures with Colomb though. She's a super nice lady, but doesn't speak any english so the endless fawning over her (verbally) was lost on her. Dumb drunk Vegas locals and tourists just chatter on about how cool things are without paying attention to details like language, lol.

[​IMG]

Also, Tito was uber-dickish and pompous, not that it's anything new to report. Essentially told me to fuck off. On the plus, Miletich and Schiavello are class acts.

20. Promus

Promus White Belt

If only Militech's class act attitude could help his commentating. He is so horrible and commentating the fights. He seriously brings Schavello down. He might be good at commentating MMA but he is horrible for Muay Thai. I home Lion Fight or AXS or whoever is in charge replace him for the Muay Thai fights soon.