No BFC deserves to be on any top 10 rankings

So he went from being the #7 ranked fighter at BW to a total can because he cut ten pounds?

Number 15 is a total can? I guess you can beat all the #15 fighters right? The fight was 6 months ago, he is ranked 15. His being #7 at FW was a made up ranking, he had zero fights there, and lost 3 of his previous 4 before dropping.

Jorgenson was #6 when he fought Barao. He then lost 3 of his next 4. You think that makes him #7? Ummm no.

So two former Bantamweights fight at Flyweight, and somehow each fighter's respective rankings at Bantamweight are invalidated because they now BOTH fight 10 pounds lower?

is-this-real-life-o.gif

Jorgenson was ranked #7 at FLYWEIGHT, not Bantamweight. He was #6 at BW and then lost 3 of 4 fights, dropping him out of the top 10. So exactly what YOU claim is ridiculous happened. They ignored and invalidated his BW ranking and made one up for FW. Thank you for agreeing with me.

Are you acting dumb or is it not an act?

Go actually read my posts and you can apologize. Or don't and I will embarrass you.

Calm down.

We are just talking, no need to embarrass anybody.

You are trying really hard to dismiss Makovsky's accomplishments in the ufc. No need to do that. He fought in Bellator before and then beat one of the top ufc fighters. Other Bellator fighters can do the same. It's all good.

Number 15 is a total can? I guess you can beat all the #15 fighters right? The fight was 6 months ago, he is ranked 15. His being #7 at FW was a made up ranking, he had zero fights there, and lost 3 of his previous 4 before dropping.

Jorgenson was #6 when he fought Barao. He then lost 3 of his next 4. You think that makes him #7? Ummm no.
I don't, Sherdog does. What is your argument exactly, that Zach Makovsky isn't impressive because he beat a top 10 fighter from a weight class above what he currently fights at? So if Hendo beats Cormier tomorrow night, does it not count?

Jorgenson was ranked #7 at FLYWEIGHT, not Bantamweight. He was #6 at BW and then lost 3 of 4 fights, dropping him out of the top 10. So exactly what YOU claim is ridiculous happened. They ignored and invalidated his BW ranking and made one up for FW. Thank you for agreeing with me.
What are you talking about? Jorgensen was ranked #7 at bantamweight. Read the link I just posted.

I don't, Sherdog does. What is your argument exactly, that Zach Makovsky isn't impressive because he beat a top 10 fighter from a weight class above what he currently fights at? So if Hendo beats Cormier tomorrow night, does it not count?

Although i don't think that's what he's getting at, some fighters tend to do better at a higher weightclass. Diego Sanchez for example, never looked that great at lw.

Calm down.

We are just talking, no need to embarrass anybody.

You are trying really hard to dismiss Makovsky's accomplishments in the ufc. No need to do that. He fought in Bellator before and then beat one of the top ufc fighters. Other Bellator fighters can do the same. It's all good.

I have already said Bellator has top 10 fighters. I said Makovsky is simply a bad example because he fights in a different weight class, he is no longer a bellator fighter, and he has obviously improved in the past several years. Lombard is likewise a bad example, he probably would not be top 10 at MW due to reent UFC MW changes.

Askren had a good chance, Alvarez is, Chandler was at one point, Dantas is, Brooks could be time will tell.

I watch every BFC event and enjoy them. The talent and production levels are far below the UFC, but it's MMA, and I will definitely watch it. As far as an Org goes BFC is on my shit list though with how they act, I want another org to overtake them.

No my argument is that he now fights in a different weight class and is NOT in BFC. So he can not be used as an example of CURRENT BFC fighters that deserve to be top 10 TODAY.

As far as BFC having top 10 fighters, I already stated over, and over, and over that they do have some.

What are you talking about? Jorgensen was ranked #7 at bantamweight. Read the link I just posted.

I did not see your link, I just looked, and that is ridiculously stupid. Sherdog had hi going from #6 to #7 after losing 3 fights? The next 3 guys on the list all deserve to be ahead of him (and one of them is a BFC fighter omg).

His being #7 is stupid, he was not #7, he was probably #12 at that point. I could see an argument for 10 .. but nothing higher.

ETA:
While he remains a difficult matchup for anyone in the bantamweight division, three losses in his last four outings have Jorgensen at a crossroads in his career. With that in mind, ...
... we have elected to ignore all 3 losses and keep him in the exact same position he was in before. Ridiculous.

ETA:
... we have elected to ignore all 3 losses and keep him in the exact same position he was in before. Ridiculous.
He didn't lose to cans. Carlos Condit is still ranked #4 after dropping three of his last four.

Yeah. No way a Bellator reject like Zach Makovskiy would ever beat an established UFC stud like Scott Jorgensen. Even a midtier UFC fighter like Diego Nunes could easily walk into Bellator and clean house!

Nunes is a washout, but I think you would be right about Makovsky, IF Makovsky dropped a weight. Hector, the BFC MW champion would lose 2 out of 3 fights against UFC MWs, but I could see him doing something if he dropped a weight class.

Diego Nunes was 3-3 in the UFC. He didn't even have a losing record but people act like he is a total can to discredit Patricio.

He didn't lose to cans. Carlos Condit is still ranked #4 after dropping three of his last four.

No, and he was #2, and his last "loss" was due to injury. I never claimed Scott was a can or he lost to cans, I said he was #6 and after losing 3 of 4 did not deserve to be top 10, he was still on the outskirts though.

Two of the fighters I said should be higher are NOT in the UFC. One is in BFC. I said both were top 10.

Diego Nunes was 3-3 in the UFC. He didn't even have a losing record but people act like he is a total can to discredit Patricio.

Patricio is good, but not top 10, and he has lost to every "top" fighter he has faced (Curran, Warren).

Bellator, Strikeforce and WEC fighters are all bums that couldn't cut it in the UFC

Hector Lombard, Zach Makovsky, Gilbert Melendez, Josh Thomson, Anthony Pettis, Benson Henderson and more disagree

Not sure what that GIF is supposed to show, can you tell me? If it shows he beat Warren, the records say otherwise, and 5 seconds does not a fight make. Warren is also not a top 10 fighter. I don't think Curran is either.

That is their best division though imo.

Bellator, Strikeforce and WEC fighters are all bums that couldn't cut it in the UFC

Hector Lombard, Zach Makovsky, Gilbert Melendez, Josh Thomson, Anthony Pettis, Benson Henderson and more disagree

The only BFC fighters you listed both dropped weight classes to compete in the UFC.

Anyone who thought WEC was bad was a moron, it's the 2nd best org of all time talentwise.

Last edited:
Not sure what that GIF is supposed to show, can you tell me? If it shows he beat Warren, the records say otherwise, and 5 seconds does not a fight make. Warren is also not a top 10 fighter. I don't think Curran is either.

That is their best division though imo.
Why don't you watch those fights since you're the one dropping fightfinder knowledge to discredit a top 10 fighter.

Yes, Patricio is top 10. Like I said earlier, if you don't think he would beat Dustin Poirier, then you have not been paying attention to MMA, and he'd do it even faster than the overrated Korean Zombie who is somehow still ranked #8 despite not having won a fight in over two years. What a crock of shit!

Back