Nirvana or Led Zepplin who is >

Prefer Nirvana for consistency and being more raw and experimental. LZ from Physical Graffiti and on wasn't really my thing, but their first four albums were fantastic.

Biggest take away from this thread is that a lot of supposedly big LZ fans can't even spell the band name right.

Lol Nirvana isn't even the best band in their own era

nowadays lol....I was there in those days and know firsthand how before nirvana came along it was all GnR, Motley Crue, Poison and that kind of shit ((as the mainstream rock)) and it was Nirvana's teen spirit that opened the floodgate, Pearl was never a bigger band at any point in their career, Ten is a comparable disc for sure tho, without Nirvana...pearl jam doesnt become half as successful as they did, Nirvana opened it up with something that was radically different than what was going on musically and that created an audience more ready to accept the wave of other new stuff((tho less radical than Nirvana per say))such as STP, Pearl Jam, Sound Garden and AiC, all of those groups together washed away the hair band phase but it was Nirvana at the head of that charge .....

Its maybe not pushed as a popular viewpoint but I actually think that GnR's initial rise helped set things in the direction of Grunge, still had a lot of the hair metal look but a lot more punky energy rather than the overly polished stuff like Poison. That Nirvana and Pearl Jam took off so much in 91 was IMHO partly that GnR returned with a much more polished/bloated stadium rock style and fans moved on.

Last edited:
isnt my type of music but i think led zepellin was much more impactful for how this type of music will evolve in the coming decades than nivana.

when u talk about youth cultures and music history, the name led zepellin will take a higher place, than nirvana.

just my opinion.

They are both great, and I will catch slack for this, but Nirvana's sound is much more relevant now than Led Zep's is. Cobain off'd himself 24 years ago, and they still play Nirvana all the time on the modern radio stations. Only place you'd hear led zep is the classic rock station. For example, my brother is in high school- Nirvana a is still quite popular amongst the youth. I asked him about Zep and a few other classic bands, and he says nobody besides the kids really into classic rock care about them. Keep in my mind my brother is a dumbshit, but that's what he told me.

Zeppelin for sure

Back