NiOh (another Souls series inspired game) *update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't tried any of the new missions yet. Did they just throw a bunch of bosses together or something?

New missions? Might have to put this back on, Witcher 3 is consuming me yet again though.

I haven't tried any of the new missions yet. Did they just throw a bunch of bosses together or something?
I haven't tried either, just watched a stream. Loot drops include +7 fucking weapons even if the fights are AIDS

Holy shit, what was that finishing move at about 1:55???

Parry - Haze -Finishing Blow

My entire build is around that technique. I had to wait for him to not have a buffed weapon because I don't think you can parry him when he's buffed.

I got him on my 1st try, the frog samurai too, and the 1st nue i beat fairly easily but the nue at the top of the mount where white tiger is gave me a lot of trouble.

Big bosses are easy for me it seems but small and agressive bosses are much harder...ice queen, that succubus woman in the 1st region, tachibama, i have an easy 100 tries for all these guys
I havent had too much trouble with any of the bosses but the fucking Tengu and the Wheel Monks....

I fought Ishida Mitsunari from the mountain region for a few hours last night at lvl1. He's proving to be a monster. Reminds me a lot of learning Ludwig or Orphan at BL4. Really fun moveset to dodge though so I don't mind the grind.
Reminding me I need to get back to my Orphan attempts. Ludwig was a pushover compared to.

Reminding me I need to get back to my Orphan attempts. Ludwig was a pushover compared to.
You'll get him for sure. Orphan is a beast and a nice accomplishment once you figure him out.

Ishida is still pushing my shit in. His moveset is pretty insane.

Parry - Haze -Finishing Blow

My entire build is around that technique. I had to wait for him to not have a buffed weapon because I don't think you can parry him when he's buffed.
Lol, I have that it didn't remember getting it. Trying it out now but I'm having trouble getting a handle on the timing of it

Lol, I have that it didn't remember getting it. Trying it out now but I'm having trouble getting a handle on the timing of it

You essentially have to double-tap the parry to trigger haze. You get use to it after a while. Its very powerful omce you get it down.

You essentially have to double-tap the parry to trigger haze. You get use to it after a while. Its very powerful omce you get it down.
If haze is the one on square, I use it all the time as well. Pisses me off when I get the parry but forget to double tap.

The moves I can't seem to pull off are tempest and backwave. Tempest is when you attack someone who is guarding, then hit block just as you deplete their ki and it knocks them to the ground. Backwave is blocking just before an incoming hit and it knocks them off balance. Backwave 2 incorporates both into one move. I've never been able to get either right for some reason.

If haze is the one on square, I use it all the time as well. Pisses me off when I get the parry but forget to double tap.

The moves I can't seem to pull off are tempest and backwave. Tempest is when you attack someone who is guarding, then hit block just as you deplete their ki and it knocks them to the ground. Backwave is blocking just before an incoming hit and it knocks them off balance. Backwave 2 incorporates both into one move. I've never been able to get either right for some reason.

I've actually never tried tempest or many of the other moves, actually. I liked haze and backstabs so much that I never invested in anything else.

I've actually never tried tempest or many of the other moves, actually. I liked haze and backstabs so much that I never invested in anything else.
Iai quidraws and sword ki are fun too. Recently I've started using swift step which allows you to dart behind someone at the end of a combo.

I'm trying to use that skill along with the damage from behind bonus as a strat against Ishida because it's so hard to hit him without getting immediately destroyed.

Iai quidraws and sword ki are fun too. Recently I've started using swift step which allows you to dart behind someone at the end of a combo.

I'm trying to use that skill along with the damage from behind bonus as a strat against Ishida because it's so hard to hit him without getting immediately destroyed.

I used swift step a lot because I was a backstab build. Very fun running up walls with that too.

Someone needs to start a v2 for this thread. Looks like it might need a sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back