NiOh (another Souls series inspired game) *update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the bottom right you can find four icons that determine fighting stance.
Your Offensive and defensive capabilities are dependent on your stance and can be changed on the fly.
There are bloody katanas on the ground where other people have died.
Apparently you can activate them and fight against their “phantoms” for good loot.
You can change armor and weapon in real time, so make sure you’re in a safe area when you do.
There are also spears in the game that are good against groups of enemies.
There are guardian spirits that William can see and infuse into his weapon for a limited time like the flame wolf and the blue owl.
Guardian spirits appear after you die. (I guess as a helping hand?)
You will have to decide when to use it apparently, so there might be a limit.
There are shrines where you level up with the experience you’ve saved up, and where you can change spirit.
In some locations you might come across some strange glimmering (can’t make out what they call it), which will spawn a youkai that drops good loot.
The boss shown is called anonryou (revengeful demon), a powerful oni.
You heal in real time, so it’s important to look for an opening to do so.
When he heals he infuses his weapon with what looks like a blue owl spirit, different from the fire wolf from earlier.

http://wccftech.com/juicy-nioh-gameplay-details-tgs-livestream/

100% dark souls inspired with a dash of witcher 3 and a hint of samurai. And his name is William....wtF? Geralt of Okinawa

bump! new gameplay

witcher souls 4: Ruin gerelt

looks more onimusha than souls. onimusha + ku-on.

]the reason i don't see it as a souls game is because there's no sense of weight. the character moves pretty freely/quickly and without restriction, in souls games the weight/equipment affects your mobility and speed both in movement and in attacks.[/B] this actually reminded me of another game series that is probably closer to this than onimusha- genji. yeah, genji + ku-on seems more appropriate.

Yeah this. There's no stamina meter either.

looks cool. team ninja still exists? damn

Looked like it has some potential.

Outside of being an ARPG doesn't give me any other souls vibe though for reasons previously mentioned.

looks more onimusha than souls. onimusha + ku-on.

could be, i see they put Gerelt as the main character.

it reminds me of souls a little bit, even if it is i'd enjoy more games that took inspirations from the Souls and kings field games

its a cross between W3 and DS2. When you kill someone looks like you get souls ?

Look more like an Onimusha reincarnation rather than a Souls-type game. The main character are pretty smooth and efficient with his attack, unlike Soul's weighty attack system. Also it looked like the guy can dynamically counter enemies' attacks, which to me is another glaring difference in comparison to the Soul game. Maybe the game will have that Castlevania-style exploration and super tough bosses.

Definitely getting a Souls & Onimusha vibe from this :). Two of my favourite game series ever.

Game looks sweet...worth the wait...it was first announced ten years ago as a ps3 project...glad they didn't scrap it...

the reason i don't see it as a souls game is because there's no sense of weight. the character moves pretty freely/quickly and without restriction, in souls games the weight/equipment affects your mobility and speed both in movement and in attacks. this actually reminded me of another game series that is probably closer to this than onimusha- genji. yeah, genji + ku-on seems more appropriate.

Game looks sweet...worth the wait...it was first announced ten years ago as a ps3 project...glad they didn't scrap it...

heh, i wonder why they pushed it back so far. i guess they want some of that DS money

the reason i don't see it as a souls game is because there's no sense of weight. the character moves pretty freely/quickly and without restriction, in souls games the weight/equipment affects your mobility and speed both in movement and in attacks. this actually reminded me of another game series that is probably closer to this than onimusha- genji. yeah, genji + ku-on seems more appropriate.

onimusha- genji? wasn't that more or less a hack and slash?

i mean this seems like an RPG/ adventure.

btw this is one of those games that has been stuck in dev hell.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ni-Oh_(video_game)
Originally announced by Koei in 2004 (before their merger with Tecmo made them Koei Tecmo), the game is based on an unfinished script by legendary Japanese filmmaker Akira Kurosawa titled Oni (Japanese word for demon). The game was to be released with a companion film, also titled Oni, that would have seen the directoral debut of Hisao Kurosawa, Akira Kurosawa's son. Hisao Kurosawa was completing his father's script with assistance from game producer Kou Shibusawa of Koei, with a combined production budget of ¥ 3 billion for both film and game.[3] "When reading Hisao Kurosawa's script," Shibusawa said during a press conference, "it gave me the impression of stories like 'Seven Samurai' and 'The Hidden Fortress' -- I felt the common DNA between him and Akira Kurosawa." [1]

edit: well i see was mentioned :p

genji is action/adventure with some rpg elements. this trailer doesn't show enough to determine if its an rpg.

Looks nice, but I'm not getting the Geralt angle. Kind of takes the immersiveness out of being in ancient Japan if thats the playable character, just looks out of place. Hopefully there are other playable characters that look like actual Samurais.

could be, i see they put Gerelt as the main character.

it reminds me of souls a little bit, even if it is i'd enjoy more games that took inspirations from the Souls and kings field games

lol. I thought it was strange the guy turned out to be a blonde samurai haha.

You should really put something about Samurai in the title of this thread. I skipped right over it until it was mentioned in another thread. Had Samurai been in the title I would have jumped over myself opening up the thread.

large.jpg

The From Software comparisons come into play courtesy of the Chinokata Dzuka system, which translates roughly to Bloody Sword Mound. Essentially, when you play online you'll happen upon the graves of fallen players. Touching these will resurrect the 'spirit' of that character, and you'll be able to fight them in order to unlock important items.

Another element that's been inspired by Dark Souls are the Guardian Spirits, which will help you in battle by healing you and unleashing powerful attacks. Should you die at any point, your Guardian Spirit will remain at the location that you perished, so you'll need to work your way safely back to the place of your death in order to recover it.

The game has been in development way longer than both those series I believe. It was just in development hell for a long time.

Also this looks nothing like the Akira Kurosawa vision that I had pictured. Was hoping for something more tradition, what is the this Puck Faerie bullshit at the end?

heh this game sounds like it has potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back