NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v4: Did someone say... SMASH?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switch gameplay, which pretty much shows that Overwatch would also not have issues running either

I don’t see how the Switch’s 3rd party support is any better than the Wii U’s. EA only announced 1 game coming for the console, FIFA 19. It's also not getting KH3 or RDR2. All it's really getting is ports of last-gen games

It took me like 15 hours to finally leave the Great Plateau lol.
really? how much time did u put into the whole game? im about 9 hours in just visited the second village, no idea where to go from here. I can go find pictures or go to a second tech lab I think

Nintendo very often announces ports and exclusives at their conference that aren't at the developers' conferences.
KH3 has been in development for years prior to Switch being announced, though the game would probably sell just as well as it would on the PS4, it's pretty late in the game's development for a Swithc port. EA has had a grudge against Nintendo since Nintendo offed EA from trying to make Nintendo's online store Origin back prior to WiiU's launch. Both the EA published indie developed games would likely sell best on the Switch (I mean one's a platformer, one of the Switch's bread and butter genres), so it's not a matter of EA not wanting Switch money. RDR2, Rockstar hasn't been a big Nintendo supporter in the past outside of the DS GTA game, some senior staff probably still have issues with what went down with Body Harvest on the N64. Other games could just be a case of developers not knowing how to optimize for the Switch given it's lower power than the XB1 and PS4. A title like say Just Cause 4 may not appear on it, but 3 had issues with optimization on the XB1 and PS4, so a Switch port may appear as a daunting task even though JC4 uses a new engine. I'd imagine that was the case with Far Cry 5, even though previous entries could be done on the Switch, 5's power draw may have meant a port with the limited Switch knowledge they had at that point would have been a tough task.

Wait until tomorrow to see, but they have massive "indie" support and strong Japanese support, the latter stronger than on the WiiU. The Switch has made some strides with the west with Bethesda supporting the system, Ubisoft usually has something going for it with multiplats and exclusives even if it's not a title like Far Cry 5, and engine support with UE4, Id Tech 6, Unity, and Snowdrop. Nintendo is also developing a new Switch engine that should help with third parties as they are making it to help them.

I didn't buy a Switch expecting strong 3rd party support. Id love a virtual console though

really? how much time did u put into the whole game? im about 9 hours in just visited the second village, no idea where to go from here. I can go find pictures or go to a second tech lab I think

By the time I finished the game I was over 250 hours. I'm a sucker for exploration so I went EVERYWHERE I could and then grinded for materials to upgrade my clothes and other stuff. Plus I completed just about everything besides the Korok seeds.

If they release Fortnite for switch tomorrow you can call it a wrap for e3 and also watch the eShop crash lol

By the time I finished the game I was over 250 hours. I'm a sucker for exploration so I went EVERYWHERE I could and then grinded for materials to upgrade my clothes and other stuff. Plus I completed just about everything besides the Korok seeds.
I could see how you could put so many in. I completed two shrines today that took me forever to climb to and I had to use the floor plan of one for the other. Took me forever to figure out ... I had to google how not to get hit by lightening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back