Nintendo Switch game recommendations

Grassshoppa

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Can you recommend some Nintendo Switch games for an adult? Thanks.

What kind of games do you like?

Can you provide examples of previous titles you’ve enjoyed?

What kind of games do you like?

Can you provide examples of previous titles you’ve enjoyed?

It's not actually for me. Our son has a playdate friend whose mom is buying one for her husband. She asked my wife to ask me for game recommendations for it but I don't have a Switch and am not familiar with the games. Just curious what the most fun/popular games are for it? Thanks.

It's not actually for me. Our son has a playdate friend whose mom is buying one for her husband. She asked my wife to ask me for game recommendations for it but I don't have a Switch and am not familiar with the games. Just curious what the most fun/popular games are for it? Thanks.
I would say the Mario titles are probably a safe bet. I would assume if she’s buying one for husband that he’s a Nintendo fan.

Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart
Mario Party

Tell your son’s playdate’s mom to get her shit together and get Breath of the Wild. Jeez this chick is a real animal.

Last edited:
Can you recommend some Nintendo Switch games for an adult? Thanks.
There are none or you’ve played them already on a better system. Sell it or give it to a young niece or nephew if you have them.

11wack2.jpg
[/IMG]
11wack2.jpg
this an accurate representation of your typical adult switch owner. Buy for him with this image in mind and consider sleeping with his wife because guys like this assuredly aren’t “getting the job done”

I would say the Mario titles are probably a safe bet. I would assume if she’s buying one for husband that he’s a Nintendo fan.

Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart
Mario Party

Yeah just keep to the main Nintendo games. Smash Brothers Ultimate just came out as well so that's my best suggestion if the wife didn't buy it.

I got BOTW & MK8 with my switch, MK8 is so damn fun with family/friends, hell i sometimes pick and play for short bursts cause its damn fun. Nintendo gets that right. Games take themselves too serious, its a breath of fresh air when you play games just for "fun".

Gonna get smash bros and odessey after and a slew of other indies. Hoping we get persona etc and resident evil 4 for this.

Dark souls and Bayonetta, civ etc are also on my list, so much to play so little time.

4 must own games are Mario odyssey, Zelda, Mario kart and smash brothers .

I’ve never played a Smash Brothers game. I listened to the Giant Bomcast awhile back and they just shit on it for like 15 minutes so I lost temptation to buy it. Is it basically like Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter or a bit different from a classic fighting game?

Also I’ve never played at all, but I hear that Bayonetta 2 is a masterpiece and it’s pretty tempting to me especially since you get the first game included as well.

I’ve never played a Smash Brothers game. I listened to the Giant Bomcast awhile back and they just shit on it for like 15 minutes so I lost temptation to buy it. Is it basically like Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter or a bit different from a classic fighting game?

Also I’ve never played at all, but I hear that Bayonetta 2 is a masterpiece and it’s pretty tempting to me especially since you get the first game included as well.
I prefer the Beastcast, but those guys have weird taste in games, man. Take it with a grain of salt. Brad pretty much exclusively plays DOTA 2, for instance, and Jeff G hated RDR2 from the moment he started playing. And none of them really like Dark Souls/Bloodborne(because they suck at the games).
Smash is really fun, but nothing like a conventional fighting game.

pokemon
super smash
Octopath Traveler
doom

Octopath is so damn boring, i love rpgs and jrpgs but octopath leaves a lot to be desired. Id also rather play Doom on the PS4 etc at 60fps, just a much better experience imo. Pokemon is too dumbed down or whatever, Ill wait for the full pokemon experience in 2019.
Smash Im looking forward to though.

Our son has a playdate friend whose mom is buying one for her husband. She asked my wife to ask me for game recommendations.

Need pics of both wife and friends mom to fine tune recommendations.

But for now tell them, Zelda, Axiom Verge and if he's not got a PC or PS4 get Undertale, Hyperlight drifter, Doom.

Smash bros is quite a bit different from more traditional fighting games like street fighter, mortal kombat or tekken. Whereas those games are basically 1 v 1 with the goal being to drop the opponents life bar to empty, smash can be up to 8 players at a time in free for all or as team battles. Characters take damage based as a % instead if having life bars. You get KOd from leaving the boundaries of the stage and having a higher damage % makes you fly farther when you get hit. Also, pretty much every character has the same button inputs to preform moves so you don't need to memorize specific button combos to execute your special abilities which makes it very easy to pick up and play without doing tons of research or looking up movelists. Its still very fun as a one on one fighter and lots of people play the game competitively this way but there are options to make the game much more chaotic if you just want a fun party experience without being too serious. There are useable items which can be turned on or off and most of the levels have some sort of hazard or characteristic you have to pay attention to, but you can also turn that stuff off and make the stage into a more basic layout if all you want is a fair fight. But the series is probably most notable for being a huge cross over of video game franchises with over 70 playable characters. Its one of the most content loaded and fun multiplayer games available right now.

Back