Nintendo stock price plummets as investors realize Nintendo does not actually make Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by JDragon, Jul 25, 2016.

1. JDragon

JDragon #StayTheFuckHome Platinum Member

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/25/12269466/nintendo-stock-plunge-pokemon-go

"The markets are smart"..well that is one great example to the contrary.

[​IMG]

Zer, PolishHeadlock, kpt018 and 2 others like this.
  2. JosephDredd

JosephDredd Gold Belt

lmfao amazing

3. Madmick

Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

Yeah, a $12bn bump for Nintendo (not Niantic) raised my eyebrow. Love this jpeg that went viral recently:

[​IMG]

WebAlchemist, TheGZA and Kafir-kun like this.
  4. Thunderflash500

Thunderflash500 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

PolishHeadlock, kpt018 and Lead like this.
  5. MikeMcMann

MikeMcMann Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

They are reactive.

People are making bets, literally and the earlier the bet the more lucrative, if correct. That means people purposely jump out and buy before all the facts are in (on rumour) knowing that when the facts come out things could change for the better or worse.

The markets are quite rational in this way.

6. n...not crazy

n...not crazy Silver Belt

It's still 8 bucks a share above where it was when it jumped. Put your head in your hands all you want, a bunch of motherfuckers made bank on this. That's the goal of trading stocks.
    As for the people who bought it at 37 bucks? Well... yeah.

TheGZA likes this.
  7. uncommon

uncommon Brown Belt

Do we have any fundemental metrics for nintendo or are we just going to assume the company is junk because of last 2 days performance.

Hard to get numbers on overseas stocks

if there are public articles bashing it there might be light at the end of the tunnel if you know what i mean

8. FloridaCracker

FloridaCracker Dirty, Stinky, Greasy

It'll jump back up soon because a bunch of idiots are gonna buy the Mini NES.

MixedMartialArtsFan likes this.
  9. nhbbear

nhbbear Duty Belt

On the wall, pissing off the edge of the world
    I was too old when pokemon first came around, so I did not understand. This came out and I thought I would check it out for my son. Something we could do on weekends, capture pokemon. Well, it did not work out that way. I currently live in my garage, and will give handies for pokeballs, but if you give me a high cp squirtle-well, I'll make you squirtle. I will do ghastly things for a ghastly, and I have got a bad case of krabbies. I will tickle your weedle and make you Growlithe, evee if you don't feel in the mood. All this poke talk is getting me hot, I think I need to spank my mankey, then take a drowzee.

PolishHeadlock likes this.
  10. Arkain2K

Arkain2K Si vis pacem, para bellum

Nintendo is too late for that mobile gaming train, but they sure as hell can make a nice earning call by licensing their IPs to other companies to do all the hard work, while they sit back and enjoy the profits.

I can't wait for holographic technology to catch up with Yu-Gi-Oh's battle system though :D

11. IDL

IDL Gold Belt

Funfact: Keyhole was in large part a CIA company that was rolled into Google.

"Finally, the CIA-assisted technology probably most familiar to you is one many of us use on a regular basis: Google Earth. In February 2003, the CIA-funded venture-capitalist firm In-Q-Tel made a strategic investment in Keyhole, Inc., a pioneer of interactive 3-D earth visualization and creator of the groundbreaking rich-mapping EarthViewer 3D system. CIA worked closely with other Intelligence Community organizations to tailor Keyhole’s systems to meet their needs."

https://www.cia.gov/about-cia/cia-m...ersion/stories/cias-impact-on-technology.html

I'm sure Hanke has made some friends along the way