News Niko Price among multiple UFC fighters to be suspended for marijuana use

But but but, theres no such thing as a weed addiction.
Right? I don’t know if anybody is even denying it anymore but it’s silly to do so. You won’t end up robbing old ladies to support your habit but you can still be addicted.

According to MMA Junkie, Price saw his temporary suspension for having carboxy THC in his system extended after testing positive for a prohibited cannabinoid following his fight against Donald Cerrone. Price fought to a draw in the fight. The Nevada State Athletic Commission has now placed Price under a temporary suspension and the two sides are expected to settle the matter in December.

In addition to Price, UFC lightweight Kevin Croom was suspended for four-and-a-half months after testing positive for marijuana prior to his upset submission win over Roosevelt Roberts. Croom, who won a $50,000 bonus for “Performance of the Night,” was also fined $1,800 and subject to court fines. His win was overturned to a No Contest.

Additionally, Contender Series fighter Jose Flores was also suspended for four-and-half months. Flores was submitted by Jordan Leavitt on Dana White’s Contender Series. He was also fined $750. As well, Contender Series alum Chad Johnson was suspended nine months after testing positive for a banned amphetamine. Johnson suffered a TKO loss to Josh Parisian during this summer’s edition of the Contender Series.

Nevada has been cracking down on athletes testing positive for marijuana. In recent months, numerous other UFC fighters including flyweight Tim Elliott and light heavyweight Jamahal Hill were fined and suspended for marijuana use.

If I think there’s a chance of me getting suspended from work for smoking pot, then guess what? I’m not smoking pot. Until that rule is changed, follow it, ffs.

They don’t test for it out of competition. Jon hid from an out of competition test. This was shortly after the commission fucked up and published his cocaine positive test by mistake which led to him going to rehab. I can understand why he might have hid after getting burned. Of course it could have been because he was juicing goo.
Ah, in competition as oppose to out of competition. Gotcha

Don’t feel sorry for anyone who can’t put the joint down. I’m legally obligated to pass a drug test, if I failed and got fired. I’d have no one to blame but myself.

Thank god i dont have this ailment.
I have done it,and could do i again.
But i dont wanna. Fighting is stressful,and these guys should be allowed to blast off to Universe B after training.

I would not want to fight at all when im stoned out of my gourd. Im sure none of these guys are high on their way to the ring either.

I disagree. I think you would be very surprised. In fact I’m sure of it.

reminds me of that time that Anderson got a slap on the wrist for roiding and Diaz got effectively a career ban for teh dreaded potz.

Reactions: HHJ
I get that it's a rule, but the fact that they overturn decisions and fine fighters $$ because of weed is fuckin dumb

They are professional fighters and they have guidelines which they have to stay within in order to compete. If they can't do it then deal with the consequences..

It has nothing to do with whether you think it is right or not(that is a totally different argument).. It is the ruleset that they have to follow in order to compete.

They should have never been testing athletes for weed in the first place. What kind of stupid fucking manure is this? Literally nobody cares about weed aside from a handful of dipshits who believe the "war on drugs" is working.

reminds me of that time that Anderson got a slap on the wrist for roiding and Diaz got effectively a career ban for teh dreaded potz.
They basically did that cos Diaz had no respect for them. And he shouldnt !

Reactions: JSN
Well,now im convinced!

If there is one thing I know it’s the behavior of addicts and/or stoners lol. Jokes aside though it’s common knowledge that damn near half the NBA and NFL is high during games. It’s not really a big deal for athletes who are heavy smokers to get high and go do the job they get payed to do and do it at a high level.

I would almost guarantee there have been plenty of stoned fighters in the cage over the years. Do you really think it’s out of the question that someone like Nick Diaz would smoke a bowl shortly before his walkout? It’s not the UFC, but I know a couple pro fighters in my area that do exactly that. I’m not saying it’s the norm, but I’m quite sure that it happens.

If there is one thing I know it’s the behavior of addicts and/or stoners lol. Jokes aside though it’s common knowledge that damn near half the NBA and NFL is high during games. It’s not really a big deal for athletes who are heavy smokers to get high and go do the job they get payed to do and do it at a high level.

I would almost guarantee there have been plenty of stoned fighters in the cage over the years. Do you really think it’s out of the question that someone like Nick Diaz would smoke a bowl shortly before his walkout? It’s not the UFC, but I know a couple pro fighters in my area that do exactly that. I’m not saying it’s the norm, but I’m quite sure that it happens.
I understand it for sports,but getting hit in the head while stoned,seems like an absolute terrible idea. I wouldnt even try it.

Yessir. They must've been in on every rotation lol.
From 2013:
The previous threshold for Nevada had been 50 ng/mL, but the commission increased its threshold to 150 ng/mL, matching WADA. That’s a 300-percent increase in the threshold to determine a positive test result for marijuana metabolites.

200% increase.

They don't random test for weed right?

It's not a banned substance like it was before. Before, it was treated the same way steroids were.

They've also increased the threshold.

If you STILL fair the weed test, that's on you. It's on you to pay the price for breaking the rules.

I'm not against marijuana use at all, but these dudes need to remember these are part IQ tests too...
NAC doing more harm than good here with this "crackdown". Nevada, of all states, has always treated marijuana users very harshly. Just stick with the hookers and blow fellas...*rolls eyes*

Last edited:
Back