Nikita Krylov and his potential as only a 24 year old fighter

Benoitthegr8

Filthy Pensioner
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know its a bit early to start talking about Krylovs ceiling as of yet, he needs a top 10 win or 2, but the guy has looked really good in his last few outings. There were questions when he came to the UFC about his padded record and fighting scrubs in Russia, plus the Soa and OSP fights. But since his last loss he's reeled off 5 strait all coming by way of finish. I was sleeping on Krylov especially after he was put out by that Von Flue choke, but he seems to have made up the gap in his ground game and looks like a potential top 10 mainstay if he can keep up the momentum. Where do you guys see him being in the 205 division say 2 years from now?

Could be the next Gus.

I don't think he'll beat a top 5 til 2020 though

I keep forgetting he's so young.

2 or 3 fights ago I mistakenly thought he was an older journeyman with limited potential, but have been keeping an eye on him since.

There's definitely some big potential.

its tough being young in a shallow division. He will have to get thrown into the fire and a brutal KO or two could derail him.

Krylov is absolutely impressing me
When he joined the UFC he was a sloppy out of shape mess who had no buisness being there
Now I think he's a future top 10 guy, maybe top 5 given how shallow the division is.

I think he eventually goes on a run and gets a title shot in the next 5 years.

Looked great in his last few fights. Like to see him vs a top 10.

Pshhh Jon jones was already champ by now, might as well cut this fool.

Also has 3 master of sports. Crazy. He definitely has great potential he seems to be progressing well.

Manuwa in Hamburg sounds about right. Or Shogun, if Manuwa is injured again.
Manuwa and Shogun were actually the fights I was thinking about last night. Could easily put Krylov vs either on 204 he's earned it.

His grappling is good and his kicks are good. He is a bit sloppy though and doesn't have the greatest hands or wresting.
He's like the exact opposite of a wrestle boxer.
I wonder how good his team is and if they can get him far enough

His win last night was over a lesser opponent in my opinion but we will see if the Russian prevails under stiffer competition

His win last night was over a lesser opponent in my opinion but we will see if the Russian prevails under stiffer competition
As a few have said I'm anxious to see him fight under the brighter lights, maybe headline a Fox card against a top 10 guy and we will see where he's really at. He looks great against journeymen, but he needs to step up the competition soon against a name guy at LHW.

He still has 3-6 years to mess around and improve. I could see him getting a title shot between 2018-2022.

Krylov is from the Ukraine. And Herman is very durable. Regardless 5 straight wins all finishes is impressive.

Back