Nike sales surge 31%-- report

Seriously guys, let it go. This isn't some witch hunt.
Well damn I had no idea it was like an episode of days of our lives around here

It's honestly ridiculous. Beyond pathetic

Fogie already said he has no idea what happens in OT, so how he can say @Limbo Pete isn't homers enforcer Fucking blows my mind. Roflmao, tlk about left hand not knowing what the right is doing.
@Fawlty when we going to play chess my friend?
I think starting up a chess thingy in Mayberry would be good, maybe later this month?

No idea where you're getting this idea that Limbo plays favorites when modding, much less acts like an enforcer. Never known him to be that way. But it's entertaining.

Anyway, New Balance > Nike because NB respects my flat hobbit feet.

I expect the un-American left to run to the store to buy NIKE this week. After they spend all their welfare checks, or when their Kaepernick/Islamic/Communist/ Cops=pigs minds come back down from the excitement, then it could be a problem later. Cause NIKE's support of Kaepernick's message does not resonate with a majority of the country. And some people will remember this.

What do you think Kaepernick's message was?
I'm an American, and I would like to think of myself as patriotic. I do not categorize myself as left or right but enough about me...… what do you think his message was, and why does it not resonate? If you don't mind sharing.

As I already said, the answers are no, no and of course not, because I don't follow what happens in the OT forum.

Your turn...
If you have no idea what happens in OT, how can you comment no??
I think starting up a chess thingy in Mayberry would be good, maybe later this month?

No idea where you're getting this idea that Limbo plays favorites when modding, much less acts like an enforcer. Never known him to be that way. But it's entertaining.

Anyway, New Balance > Nike because NB respects my flat hobbit feet.
I said that because OT mods laughed homer out the building for reporting the P word, when he used it mulitple times himself against other poster, so pete (who ain't an OT mod came over to a section he generally don't mod to hand out yellows, since OT mods weren't going to give out dubs over Homers hypocrisy.)

Back to the topic at hand, I agree 100% NB>Nike

Look, highlighting the slave labor isn't the angle to go here... because most stuff you have is made with child labor. Unless you are rocking New Balance, because they are made in the US, you can't really say much.

Just go with the angle that they are using CK to jack up the extrinsic price of the shoes ----> so that poor urban kids pay about 1000% the intrinsic value of the product ----> urban youths cannot afford said product -----> urban youths kill each other for said product. ----> this move will just end up leading to the deaths of more urban youths than cops ever will. ----> yea, CK really cares about Urban youths. ----> end argument.

That way you take any foreign/hypocritical element out of the argument.

This is true. I was trying to find a shoe that was made in America to avoid the sweatshop scenario. It's hard. I thought Converse was a safe bet, but I'm not sure. All the shoes I've seen listed as made in America I've never heard of or they're work boots. Any thoughts on a sweatshop free brand besides NB?

I'm going to step out but let me reiterate Homer caused this. Nobody else. Report him. He's doing it to you guys constantly.

No mod conspiracy. No people with an agenda outside of him. He's not worthy of anyone's respect nor their time.

any press is good press, but i find the stats hard to believe...

must be a conspiracy.

they're not considered brown in America, or even in most places in the World.

You must not be from America.

We judge by skin tone. If the look brown, they are brown.

A nation full of followers will follow.........

Personally, my flat feet hate Nike, Sketchers is the only thing that soothes my bad feet.

If Nike is what the people want then good on them for providing consumer satisfaction. However, in regards to the Kaepernick ad, correlation does not imply causation. I'm not opposed to either. I hope everyone prospers. If Kaep did in fact make them money, it shows he's marketable. Wish him the best.

True, but that is implying that the people buying the shoes don't care about slave labor, so...
Also, it isn't true. I certainly don't own a Confederate flag, but I see this campaign as little more than an opportunistic attempt to rebrand for a younger generation in order to no longer be associated with their business abuses for the past three decades.

It's a brilliant one. I'm not sure how the sales will play out in the long term, but they know their demographic market, and it certainly suggests a favorable outcome for Nike.

This is true. I was trying to find a shoe that was made in America to avoid the sweatshop scenario. It's hard. I thought Converse was a safe bet, but I'm not sure. All the shoes I've seen listed as made in America I've never heard of or they're work boots. Any thoughts on a sweatshop free brand besides NB?

nah, based on the 5-10 minutes of research I did when this ad campaign started. It is NB for athletic shoes.

That's why I like my argument a little better. Can still be pro America (ignoring the slave labor), since we are protecting these countries from China and North Korea, and saved them from the Japanese in WW2, so they better make our damn shoes. But at the same time, I can still show concern for my fellow Americans (the inner city youth).

I'm going to step out but let me reiterate Homer caused this. Nobody else. Report him. He's doing it to you guys constantly.

No mod conspiracy. No people with an agenda outside of him. He's not worthy of anyone's respect nor their time.

Can you PM me if I have ever been reported? Not sure if you can check, lol.

Agreed, and not just America. Asians are very racist, even with other Asians. Not only are Vietnamese, Filipinos, and Indonesians darker via skin color, but they are also looked down upon by the Chinese, Japanese, and Koreans with the same context you all are giving "brown people". Moreover, Chinese, Japanese, and Koreans all have problems with each other as well. Asians are the most racist of peoples lol, not even close.

lol, yeah right. East Indians are Brown, even more brown than some "real" brown people but they put them in the Yellow Category in America.
Agreed, and not just America. Asians are very racist, even with other Asians. Not only are Vietnamese, Filipinos, and Indonesians darker via skin color, but they are also looked down upon by the Chinese, Japanese, and Koreans with the same context you all are giving "brown people". Moreover, Chinese, Japanese, and Koreans all have problems with each other as well. Asians are the most racist of peoples lol, not even close.
If Asians are the most racist people why do they worship White people? You don't make sense. You two are clueless.

A nation full of followers will follow.........

Personally, my flat feet hate Nike, Sketchers is the only thing that soothes my bad feet.
you mean a nation full of retards will follow.

It's almost like it's black kids who buy Nikes, and not middle aged white men with confederate flag tattoos and obsessions with cuckolding.

Back