Nike rash guard for wrestling?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by csrichie, Oct 16, 2010.

1. csrichie

csrichie White Belt

Hi, I am planning on picking up a few nike rash guard at sportchek tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with grappling in them? are they durable enough to withstand two hours of wrestling practice > 2 times a week?

Thanks alot for the tips!

2. DeplorableOne

DeplorableOne Yellow Belt

Why do you need a rash guard for wrestling? Just keep the mats clean, but anyway the Nike one is as good as any I suppose. You only practice 2 times a week? What kind of wrestling is that?

3. Roflolfish

Roflolfish Yellow Belt

^ it says more than 2 times a week...

4. kimble09

kimble09 Green Belt

use nike loose fitting long sleeve rashguards...they are nice. i don't wrestle though...just bjj and no gi.

5. AgentFish

AgentFish Orange Belt

I don't do no gi, but I wear under armor type shirts (the tight ones) under my gi. I feel like they handle the sweat better than without.

6. mikiemike87

mikiemike87 Blue Belt

Depending on how much you're getting the nike rashguards for, I'm guessing 20 ish, then buying a rashguard more designed for grappling for a little more would be a better value. The stitching on grappling rashguards are better than the nike/ua dri fits in general, and may be worth your time to invest a little more in them. Cageside has rashguards in the 20-30 range when they have sales. Rupture has clearance short sleeves in the 20-30 range also. Those are the only two i can think of off the top of my head.

7. csrichie

csrichie White Belt

I never wore rash guard before but recently someone gave me herpes from wrestling... My doc prescribed me antiviral pills that caused 100$ after 80% insurance discount.... I also get break out every 6 month. so i thought I should get a rash guard to save my self some hassle and money on medications

8. Foppa21

Foppa21 Black Belt

Don't confuse compression shirts with rashguards.

I've seen a few guy wear the compressions shirts right out of the box and torn within 30s of a match starting.

9. Titanium Jaw

Titanium Jaw Orange Belt

I use a nike dri-fit compression long sleeve......for the price you cant beat it, just look up some reviews on here