Social Nike plan to puts "Betsy Ross" flag on its shoes Canceled *UPDATE* Az Governor Flips on Nike Factory

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by JamesRussler, Jul 1, 2019.

1. StopTheHate20

StopTheHate20 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

A very good move by Nike and Kap, it's time for people to understand that July 4th and the American flag and anthem and all tenants of nationalism and patriotism must be abolished. These are all celebrations of White nationalism and supremacy, while the slave owning Founding Fathers declared independence they also viewed non-Whites as subhuman and thought of America as an ethno state. Today we as progressives understand and know that the concept of White people is a social construct created to uphold oppression and supremacy and thus does not meet the requirements needed to even justify an ethnostate. Until all symbols of white nationalism like the flag, July 4th and immigration laws are abolished it means that White nationalism will be celebrated and normalized and oppression against all minorities, women, LGBTQIA2SP+ folk and poor people will continue. The abolishment of the flag, slavery, oppression, immigration laws, justice system, and against sexual minorities comes closer to an end when we all stand together on these issues.

2. NoDak

NoDak [ [ God Money ] ] Yellow Card

The 'legit' troll accounts are strange.

3. cincymma79

cincymma79 Yellow Card Yellow Card

I suppose that all African flags are evil too since they sold the slaves to the Europeans devils

4. IngaVovchanchyn

IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

1. Correct. The US government does not use the Betsy Ross flag in an official capacity. That's irrelevant when considering its usage on a tennis shoe. It's an American flag and universally recognizable as such.
    2. The Betsy Ross flag is obviously more directly representative of America than blue jeans.
    3. I agree with you about the Confederate flag.

5. K-Bag

K-Bag Big Beautiful Wall is on it's way! Double Yellow Card

It's a shame, people shit on me for loving my country. Isn't that ass backwards?

LogicalInsanity and AlexDB9 like this.
  6. K-Bag

I feel like this is a troll job by you.

Happy Man likes this.
  7. hillelslovak87

hillelslovak87 Gold Belt

Trolls apparently fuck with walls too....

8. hillelslovak87

hillelslovak87 Gold Belt

<Huh2>

9. K-Bag

And walls keep illegals out.

10. Prutfis

Prutfis Master of pups

NIke and Kap deserve each other. Fuck em.

Gregolian likes this.
  11. AlexDB9

AlexDB9 Yellow Card Yellow Card

Thank you for your service. I often catch myself sometimes and say wow who thought you and yours would have this type of life, America provided me with a grand opportunity and I took full advantage of it. I’ll always have a never ending love for all the Americans that welcomed me and what they did to help a family with nothing become something

You shouldn’t be. Let me tell you that I’ve travelled the world and there isn’t one country id compare America....not one. Plenty of beautiful places to visit and holiday sure but America stands alone. You shouldn’t need to grow up in a shit country like me to realize it’s greatness and I’m glad most Americans realize this

12. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

What recent ban are you?

KnightTemplar likes this.
  13. PolishHeadlock2

PolishHeadlock2 Brown Belt Platinum Member

It looks like Nike's stock has bounced back from the tiny dip it took yesterday

14. K-Bag

Right on brother.

AlexDB9 likes this.
  15. jx820

jx820 Black Belt

Yes, in exactly the way Jimmy Carter is a US president and universally recognizable as such.

My original point was, I've never really heard anyone (of note) call The American Flag offensive. People are offended by what things represent. No one is offended by unity or freedom. They are offended by celebrating slavery.

I get that not everyone on the right misses slavery. In my experience most on the right would just ignore it and focus on the positive (the revolution and freedom for many, the ground work of freedom for all). Once in a while though, it wouldn't hurt to acknowlege that the great heros of our revolution enslaved, beat, raped and murdered a lot of people. Not everyone can overlook that. That doesn't mean those same people don't love or want to be a part of modern America.

16. LogicalInsanity

LogicalInsanity Free RR! Belt Double Yellow Card

You do. Especially more than many on the left

Staph infection likes this.
  17. IngaVovchanchyn

IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

1. Your point about the flag is silly and irrelevant. The left is desperate to make these slights indirect, but put together, Kaepernick's problems with the anthem and American flags translates clearly into a problem with America itself. He protests early America and the left defends him. He protests modern America and he is lionized by the left. If you don't share such a sentiment, then simply say so, but stop gaslighting the rest of us as if there were not a strong anti-American streak on the left. There is and it the anti-American left is growing much stronger.

2. Yes, there are a few folks on the margins of the right who might like to have slavery back. I disavow anyone on the right who thinks like that. See how easy it is to disagree with those on your own end of the spectrum?

Rematch and Cubo de Sangre like this.
  18. Falsedawn

Falsedawn Mansa Platinum Member

In what fucking warped world does having a problem with America translate into being "Anti-American"? You're out of your cot damn mind.

Y'all need to quit with that fake pious patriot bullshit while the GOP is subverting democracy nationwide. Get a grip.

19. DeJulez

DeJulez Yellow Card Yellow Card

Shoes suck. But a real flag on those mahfuckas

20. IGotAHugePeckah

IGotAHugePeckah Brown Belt

^<Lmaoo>

BTW click on the tweet and go through the replies if you want to see cheesy liberals making the same predictable "YA NO THUR UR/UR DADS SHOES LMAO" joke ten thousand different times.