Social Nike plan to puts "Betsy Ross" flag on its shoes Canceled *UPDATE* Az Governor Flips on Nike Factory

The majority of those original 13 colonies did allow slavery, don't see how it isn't a stretch to say that the flag representing those times would be a throwback to slavery-support.

Can't fly the Nazi flag without the Jews getting in a tizzy about it
That's not a Nazi flag.. That's the flag that lead to Africans being able to lead a first world existence on this planet.

The majority of those original 13 colonies did allow slavery, don't see how it isn't a stretch to say that the flag representing those times would be a throwback to slavery-support.

So every American symbol before the abolishment of slavery is now a symbol of slavery.

Including the Declaration of Independence and Constitution.

US_Constitution.jpg

Gotchya.

First flag: bigger market share!
Second flag: parochial nationalism, smaller market share.

Come, let us all bend a knee and worship at the expansion of the markets, for the Lord of the Market summons us for His service!

Well..... yeah

The Kaep ad paid dividends in their December Earnings call lets see how this one plays out in 3 months

That’s pretty much it. A large segment of the people in this country don’t even view the USA as legitimate.

As an immigrant I often feel like I love this country more than most natural born Americans

Last edited:
being able to get a major corporation to shelf their product right before it launches and losing them tons of money just by saying a few words must be terrible.

How many sweatshop workers just got pink slips because of Kap?

#WalkAwayFromNike is trending on twitter, with Republicans saying they're boycotting Nike again, and Democrats laughing at them with 'How well did that work for ya'll last time?'

IMO, Republicans overreacted with Kapernick being on the Nike superbowl ad. Nike's stockprice quickly rebounded from whatever drop they did have and they viewed the 'negative publicity' as overall profitable. Especially with the probable counter-boycott by Democrats.

If that whole ordeal wasn't a net-positive, why would they bother with getting Republicans pissed again?

But, the general public have short memories, and whatever fraction heard of the 'contoversy' probably went back to buying Nike products over the last six months.

So... the question is, what if an actual long-term boycott of Nike is made by Republicans? Will Democrats buy twice the Nike products to make up the difference?

And, do we REALLY want the brand of clothing we buy and wear be a political statement?

'There goes Dale, wearing Nike because he's a Democrat.'

Left: The American flag is racist.

When you say The American Flag, are you talking about the actual flag that the US recognizes as an official symbol or the Betsy Ross Flag. Because those are not the same thing. They aren't interchangeable. I don't know that anyone of note has explicitly called The American Flag racist.

Not saying I agree with Kaepernick or Nike, or anyone else, just pointing out that you seem to be setting up a strawman.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nike-colin-kaepernick-sneaker-betsy-ross

This the "Betsy Ross" flag:

betsyrossflag.jpg

This flag is often said to be the first version of our current "stars and stripes" flag, and its design is commonly attributed to some lady named Betsy Ross. The thirteen stars represent the thirteen original colonies, much like the 50 stars on our current flag represent our 50 states.

So Nike wanted to celebrate Independence Day 2019 by putting this outdated flag on some of its shoes. The shoes look like this:

Patriotic-Nikes-1.jpg

Patriotic-Nikes.jpg

But Colin Kaeprenuk had other ideas because he thinks the flag is racist.
Here's the story:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nike-colin-kaepernick-sneaker-betsy-ross

4bfa13760bf55c3aa3d8af78bcc3ae70.jpg

^^^ This is Colin Kaepernick, if you didn't know. He's the guy who kneels at the National Anthem. The NFL player.

So it looks like Kurrpenik has thoroughly cucked Nike. Since they apparently already made and shipped the shoes, Nike probably lost a metric shit ton of money. But its okay because they appeased some guy who is 1/8 black, tops. Good job, Nike.

The real question is how can I get some of these? Srsly those look dope AF. I wonder how much a pair goes for. Lemme know if you see any.

Anyway, happy early Fourth of July.

Discuss.
Before long, it will be illegal to be a white male too. This is Adolf Hitler's playbook that the left is using. You just watch. lol

When you say The American Flag, are you talking about the actual flag that the US recognizes as an official symbol or the Betsy Ross Flag. Because those are not the same thing. They aren't interchangeable. I don't know that anyone of note has explicitly called The American Flag racist.

Not saying I agree with Kaepernick or Nike, or anyone else, just pointing out that you seem to be setting up a strawman.

The Betsy Ross flag is a well known and widely respected version of the American flag. Anyone seeing that emblem on a sneaker would instantly identify it with America, and they would have strong cultural and historical reasons for doing so.

I'm not American. Is there a legit reason why this Betsy Ross flag is more offensive to minorities, or is it just another case of liberals being pussies?

lol@ Kaepernick completely cucking Nike and the NFL. This dude is great hustler. Do your thing, young brother.
It's not offensive to the vast majority of minorities. Kaepernick is a social justice activist type who associated it with slavery and contacted Nike about it and they relented. They probably got more publicity out of it anyway, though. Not sure how he cucked the NFL. He was good enough to be a starter on a shitty team still, or at least a back up on any team. They cut his career years short of what it would have been if he hadn't got political and made an example.

Last edited:
That picture was from before Kaerprick found out he was 1/8 black
The term is octoroon you bigot
As an immigrant I often feel like I love this country more than most natural born Americans
You’re probably right on that one. Circumstances are important, and you can better appreciate the great things this country has to offer. Nobody was more patriotic than my grandfather who escaped Nazi Germany (the only survivor in his family) to make it to America. I’ve served my country and my community proudly but I don’t think I’ll ever appreciate it the same way someone who came from a much worse situation can.

It's not offensive to the vast majority of minorities. Kaepernick is a social justice activist type who associated it with slavery and contacted Nike about it and they relented. They probably got more publicity out of it anyway, though. Not sure how he cucked the NFL. He was good enough to be a starter on a shitty team still, or at least a back up on any time. They cut his career years short of what it would have been if he hadn't got political and made an example.

My issue is with the whole "slave era" flag. Slavery in America lasted a long time and thankfully was ended. I think any symbol expressly promoting slavery has no place in the modern world. But is the Betsy Ross flag a symbol of slavery just because it was around in the "slave era"? I don't think assigning racism to a thing or idea just because it existed during the "slave era" is okay, unless it specifically promotes slavery.

Before long, it will be illegal to be a white male too. This is Adolf Hitler's playbook that the left is using. You just watch. lol
Pretty sure Hitler was using the democrat playbook.

The Betsy Ross flag is a well known and widely respected version of the American flag. Anyone seeing that emblem on a sneaker would instantly identify it with America, and they would have strong cultural and historical reasons for doing so.

It an outdated revision. We don't still use it in an official capacity. It's not The American Flag anymore than Bill Clinton is The American President. So someone taking issue with the Besty Ross Flag isn't taking issue with The American Flag anymore than someone taking issue with George W. Bush is taking issue with The President.

We can all agree that while W and Trump have much in common there's also a lot that's different. They stand for different things and represent different moments, ideas, and movements. Flags do as well. The United States is no longer a cluster of 13 fledgling colonies and we've updated our flag to represent who and what we are today.

So yes, the Betsy Ross flag is American and would be identified as such by almost anyone who saw it, but so would coca-cola, blue jeans, and Ford pickup trucks. So would a portrait of Ben Franklin. Hell, most people would associate the Confederate flag with the US and that was never an American flag... it wasn't even THE Confederate flag; It was a battle flag for traitors. It was literally as Un-American as anything could possibly be. But most people would associate it with America. That doesn't make it The American Flag.

Nike sucks balls anyway. Those cancelled shoes look ugly af too.

It an outdated revision. We don't still use it in an official capacity. It's not The American Flag anymore than Bill Clinton is The American President. So someone taking issue with the Besty Ross Flag isn't taking issue with The American Flag anymore than someone taking issue with George W. Bush is taking issue with The President.

We can all agree that while W and Trump have much in common there's also a lot that's different. They stand for different things and represent different moments, ideas, and movements. Flags do as well. The United States is no longer a cluster of 13 fledgling colonies and we've updated our flag to represent who and what we are today.

So yes, the Betsy Ross flag is American and would be identified as such by almost anyone who saw it, but so would coca-cola, blue jeans, and Ford pickup trucks. So would a portrait of Ben Franklin. Hell, most people would associate the Confederate flag with the US and that was never an American flag... it wasn't even THE Confederate flag; It was a battle flag for traitors. It was literally as Un-American as anything could possibly be. But most people would associate it with America. That doesn't make it The American Flag.
lol what a duck. Dude is offended by anything portraying America because he thinks everything to do with America is racist. Kaep is a fucking moron and if this doesn't convince you well....

Back