Social Nike plan to puts "Betsy Ross" flag on its shoes Canceled *UPDATE* Az Governor Flips on Nike Factory

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by JamesRussler, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Amerikuracana

Amerikuracana Titanium Belt

That's not a Nazi flag.. That's the flag that lead to Africans being able to lead a first world existence on this planet.

JamesRussler likes this.
  2. GearSolidMetal

GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

So every American symbol before the abolishment of slavery is now a symbol of slavery.

Including the Declaration of Independence and Constitution.

[​IMG]

Gotchya.

S Class and JamesRussler like this.
  3. PolishHeadlock2

PolishHeadlock2 Absolutley Haram Platinum Member

Well..... yeah

The Kaep ad paid dividends in their December Earnings call lets see how this one plays out in 3 months

Zankou likes this.
  4. AlexDB9

AlexDB9 Black Belt

As an immigrant I often feel like I love this country more than most natural born Americans

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  5. SleepyBoy

SleepyBoy Silver Belt

being able to get a major corporation to shelf their product right before it launches and losing them tons of money just by saying a few words must be terrible.

jeffbeesdat likes this.
  6. Terry Noonan

Terry Noonan Brown Belt

I’m glad he’s ok with child labor still.

7. Anung Un Rama

Anung Un Rama Idol of Millions Platinum Member

How many sweatshop workers just got pink slips because of Kap?

8. GearSolidMetal

GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

#WalkAwayFromNike is trending on twitter, with Republicans saying they're boycotting Nike again, and Democrats laughing at them with 'How well did that work for ya'll last time?'

IMO, Republicans overreacted with Kapernick being on the Nike superbowl ad. Nike's stockprice quickly rebounded from whatever drop they did have and they viewed the 'negative publicity' as overall profitable. Especially with the probable counter-boycott by Democrats.

If that whole ordeal wasn't a net-positive, why would they bother with getting Republicans pissed again?

But, the general public have short memories, and whatever fraction heard of the 'contoversy' probably went back to buying Nike products over the last six months.

So... the question is, what if an actual long-term boycott of Nike is made by Republicans? Will Democrats buy twice the Nike products to make up the difference?

And, do we REALLY want the brand of clothing we buy and wear be a political statement?

'There goes Dale, wearing Nike because he's a Democrat.'

9. jx820

jx820 Red Belt

When you say The American Flag, are you talking about the actual flag that the US recognizes as an official symbol or the Betsy Ross Flag. Because those are not the same thing. They aren't interchangeable. I don't know that anyone of note has explicitly called The American Flag racist.

Not saying I agree with Kaepernick or Nike, or anyone else, just pointing out that you seem to be setting up a strawman.

10. Philo-Publius

Philo-Publius Silver Belt Platinum Member

Before long, it will be illegal to be a white male too. This is Adolf Hitler's playbook that the left is using. You just watch. lol

JamesRussler likes this.
  11. Philo-Publius

Philo-Publius Silver Belt Platinum Member

Kaep probably has a few pairs.

surrealworlds likes this.
  12. IngaVovchanchyn

IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

The Betsy Ross flag is a well known and widely respected version of the American flag. Anyone seeing that emblem on a sneaker would instantly identify it with America, and they would have strong cultural and historical reasons for doing so.

loyalyolayal and Jackie Blue like this.
  13. Jackie Blue

Jackie Blue Silver Belt

It's not offensive to the vast majority of minorities. Kaepernick is a social justice activist type who associated it with slavery and contacted Nike about it and they relented. They probably got more publicity out of it anyway, though. Not sure how he cucked the NFL. He was good enough to be a starter on a shitty team still, or at least a back up on any team. They cut his career years short of what it would have been if he hadn't got political and made an example.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    Staph infection likes this.
  14. A.C.

A.C. AKA Volcano Fists AKA Galaxy Knuckles Platinum Member

The term is octoroon you bigot
    You’re probably right on that one. Circumstances are important, and you can better appreciate the great things this country has to offer. Nobody was more patriotic than my grandfather who escaped Nazi Germany (the only survivor in his family) to make it to America. I’ve served my country and my community proudly but I don’t think I’ll ever appreciate it the same way someone who came from a much worse situation can.

PapaBherd, Cubo de Sangre and AlexDB9 like this.
  15. Confucamus

Confucamus Last of the V8s Platinum Member

My issue is with the whole "slave era" flag. Slavery in America lasted a long time and thankfully was ended. I think any symbol expressly promoting slavery has no place in the modern world. But is the Betsy Ross flag a symbol of slavery just because it was around in the "slave era"? I don't think assigning racism to a thing or idea just because it existed during the "slave era" is okay, unless it specifically promotes slavery.

16. lilelvis

lilelvis Yellow Card Yellow Card

Pretty sure Hitler was using the democrat playbook.

Philo-Publius likes this.
  17. jx820

jx820 Red Belt

It an outdated revision. We don't still use it in an official capacity. It's not The American Flag anymore than Bill Clinton is The American President. So someone taking issue with the Besty Ross Flag isn't taking issue with The American Flag anymore than someone taking issue with George W. Bush is taking issue with The President.

We can all agree that while W and Trump have much in common there's also a lot that's different. They stand for different things and represent different moments, ideas, and movements. Flags do as well. The United States is no longer a cluster of 13 fledgling colonies and we've updated our flag to represent who and what we are today.

So yes, the Betsy Ross flag is American and would be identified as such by almost anyone who saw it, but so would coca-cola, blue jeans, and Ford pickup trucks. So would a portrait of Ben Franklin. Hell, most people would associate the Confederate flag with the US and that was never an American flag... it wasn't even THE Confederate flag; It was a battle flag for traitors. It was literally as Un-American as anything could possibly be. But most people would associate it with America. That doesn't make it The American Flag.

18. S Class

S Class Brown Belt

Nike sucks balls anyway. Those cancelled shoes look ugly af too.

19. Headkicktoleg

Headkicktoleg Steel Belt

lol what a duck. Dude is offended by anything portraying America because he thinks everything to do with America is racist. Kaep is a fucking moron and if this doesn't convince you well....

glenwo2 likes this.
  20. D 1 Wrestler

D 1 Wrestler Look up to me

Kaepeenick is a false flag

milliniar likes this.