Social Nike plan to puts "Betsy Ross" flag on its shoes Canceled *UPDATE* Az Governor Flips on Nike Factory

Nike has a great business model, trigger Trump Republicans. They burn their Nike gear, and then profit.
Last time their stock went up over the triggering of the Kap commercial.
Personally sad to see, I would have bought those shoes.
Nike triggered the libtard Colin Kapwhatever.

I don't care about your inside beef with those other guys. You said this: , and in the context of this thread, that's a laughably poor take. Leftists are outraged by the American flag and demand the recall of shoes bearing that emblem. That's the basis of this thread.

Left: The American flag is racist. People who wear shoes bearing it are white supremacists.
Right: You guys complain a lot. It's ridiculous.
Left: Saying that exposes that you guys are always outraged. How does it feel to be outraged so often?
Right: Sigh...

Why is the Right outraged by this since the Right is boycotting Nike?
Why does the Right care if a company they hate features the flag or removes the flag.

So you see I can just as easily say this is more manufactured outrage from the always outraged Right. Those other guys, and the Rightwing blogosphere in general, is always moaning about something the left said or did. This forum is chock full of threads from Righties decrying something said or done by Liberals and AOC. I don't go into such threads and moan about the Right being bothered. In contrast a few posters here are always quick to attack any thread critical of Trump as TDS or liberals being bothered . So when I said in a previous post this was a "rightwing outrage thread" I was emulating those other guys, to make a point.

Fuck nike and their bullshit. They have the fucking gall to make that turd, kap, their spokesman for the year. That is a slap in the face to every police officer because kap is so anti-police. So most cops I know, no longer buy any Nike products.

My anger over this issue is two fold, first, they chose to wade into politics by choosing kap, who is so very anti-police and says that racism is the biggest issue in the US and keeping the black community down.

Racism in any form is so wrong, and racism is most certainly an issue that most black citizens are faced with at some point, or even everyday, in their lives. So, yes, we need to address and fix the issue. But police shootings are not a major issue facing African Americans. It is the issue that gets most of them highly upset, as they feel they are always harassed by the police, so another police shooting stirs up the hornets nest and triggers groups like black lives matter, to protest and shut down major highways.

So do black lives matter? If the answer is yes(and of course it is) then maybe they should be looking at all of the shootings in Chicago, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and every big and small city. They even have cute names that they are very proud of -chiraq, murdermore, and killadelphia. Yep, that is something to take pride in one’s community over such an issue.

And all of his talk about police shooting black males, 1,200 people killed over nike shoes every year. That number is higher than the number of police shootings. And guess what else-most of those police shootings are justified.

Anyway, I am getting way off track. My point is that nike wants to wade into these waters, knowing that by choosing kap, they are supporting anti-police beliefs and validating is the every person that claims racism for everything that goes wrong in their life. A man filed a fucking lawsuit in NC because he says he was not given enough hash browns with his order. Fucking idiot, I hope he chokes to death on his next hash brown.

So that is my first issue, that nike jumped into the political pool and went anti-police and act like they are taking the moral high ground, which leads to my second issue with nike: morals, specifically related to their incredible income.

So nike, a company that knows that many poor blacks buy their shoes when their family really does not have the money to do so. They know that their shoes are status symbols, and their is peer pressure to own nike shoes. If you don’t, you are ridiculed. People wait in line for many hours to get the new Jordan’s every year. And every year, there are fights and people killed over nike shoes.

Nike is a company that had varying profits from year to year, but since 2006(just the number of the article I read from 2016-they just looked at the last 10 years) the company increases its profits around 5% every year, and those profits are almost 40 billion dollars per year. Guess what they paid in taxes? Well the one year I could find, found that nike paid 28 million in taxes this year. I also found that their tax rates vary, the one year they paid only 6.4% tax rate! The other year it was 20% tax rate, which is still much less than the 35% corporate tax rate that is supposed to be in place. And this is much less than most Americans pay in taxes, with an average of 28% taxes.

However, this number does not account for how much income is done overseas, and how much money they move to the Caribbean to avoid paying taxes. The estimates I saw was from 8-14 billion, which is more than converse makes total in a year.

And finally, after having shown that nike has waded into the pool of politics, trying to say that “we care so much about black people and we don’t like when police shoot them!” This company is known and infamous for using sweatshops to make their shoes. They originally made the shoes here in the USA, but the workers were too much trouble, demanding fair wages, benefits, etc. which led nike to move to China and Korea. That worked out great. These workers were industrious and made good shoes at a great pace, increasing profits for nike. When those workers got to uppity demanding higher wages(they wanted a raise of one cent per hour), and benefits, the company closed those factories and moved to third world countries in south east Asia, where they really began to use the sweatshops.

They were paying $1.50 per day to be the workers; many of them women and children. They were packed in these warehouses and were shoulder to shoulder, in close proximity to harmful chemicals that leads to serious health problems; and there were even children that died working in these sweatshops. They pay their workers $1.50 per day working on shoes that cost a few dollars to make, a hen they sell them for $50-$100; with some shoes costing several hundred dollars, leading to an incredible profit margin at the expense of women and children

So tell me, how nike is a moral company as they claim? They make kap the face of their company, they just yanked the Betsy Ross shoe because kap complained and said that the flag that dear Betsy sewed, has become a flag sometimes used by white supremacy groups. The shoes were red; white, and blue-and had the flag that Ross made. But the shoe was yanked when the company folded like a cheap suit when kap and others called them the r word. Racist; oh noes, can’t be seen as racist when we target minorities with our shoes.

This monster of a company that makes over $40 billion dollars in profits per year(and don’t forget the money they hide in the Caribbean) pay so little in taxes, moved operations over seas to be able to pay less for those that make the shoes, even sinking so low that they use sweatshops.

Fuck these guys!

This dude Kap has been as quiet as a rat pissing on cotton these last few months. Nobody, and I mean nobody has been talking about this guy or any of the "issues" he was protesting about. Now all of a sudden he's back in the news again right before the 4th of July to talk about a pair of "offensive" American colonies shoes. And wouldn't you know it, the NFL season is slowly approaching as well with preseason football starting next month. Somehow, this guy who hasn't played football in 3 years is somehow making headlines again.

All this seems like it's orchestrated and we all keep falling for it

This dude Kap has been as quiet as a rat pissing on cotton these last few months. Nobody, and I mean nobody has been talking about this guy or any of the "issues" he was protesting about. Now all of a sudden he's back in the news again right before the 4th of July to talk about a pair of "offensive" American colonies shoes. And wouldn't you know it, the NFL season is slowly approaching as well with preseason football starting next month. Somehow, this guy who hasn't played football in 3 years is somehow making headlines again.

All this seems like it's orchestrated and we all keep falling for it
Corporate America knows we can't resist any race bait, no matter how moldy and old it is.

Both sides willingly chomp down every chance they get.

At this point it's a reflexive emotional response.

It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad and dangerous

First flag: bigger market share!
Second flag: parochial nationalism, smaller market share.

Come, let us all bend a knee and worship at the expansion of the markets, for the Lord of the Market summons us for His service!

lol i’m sure the army of sweatshop children will make him a slavery free shoe

what a dumbass

Love how Kap is the go to guy for multi million dollar decisions. Cause, racism and all that. May as well toss the whole flag then, right? Founded on slavery. Im sure if some peeps had their way, they would.

Love how Kap is the go to guy for multi million dollar decisions. Cause, racism and all that. May as well toss the whole flag then, right? Founded on slavery. Im sure if some peeps had their way, they would.

That’s pretty much it. A large segment of the people in this country don’t even view the USA as legitimate.

Why is the Right outraged by this since the Right is boycotting Nike?
Why does the Right care if a company they hate features the flag or removes the flag.

So you see I can just as easily say this is more manufactured outrage from the always outraged Right. Those other guys, and the Rightwing blogosphere in general, is always moaning about something the left said or did. This forum is chock full of threads from Righties decrying something said or done by Liberals and AOC. I don't go into such threads and moan about the Right being bothered. In contrast a few posters here are always quick to attack any thread critical of Trump as TDS or liberals being bothered . So when I said in a previous post this was a "rightwing outrage thread" I was emulating those other guys, to make a point.

Your point about emulating alleged right wing outrage fails badly in this thread which is about a story of left wing outrage.

I don't know much about the right boycotting Nike. But an insult to the core symbolism of a nation will often be insulting to people with loyalty and patriotism toward that nation. It's intended to be. Whatever outrage you think you see coming from the right is of course preceded in this story (and most stories of this sort) by the disgust with America expressed by some on the left.

AOC is of course an entirely different phenomenon, because she wields the power of our always growing government and has batshit crazy ideas that are fun to mock but that would cause massive disaster if ever enacted.

Now that I’ve made my shitposts, what’s the line on the American flag being considered racist in the next 2 years? This is where this is all heading eventually might as well recognize it

The ironic thing is he was raised by white people. Boy doesn’t even know who his daddy is

It’s why he acts so feminine and petulant. It also explains why he allowed his GF to dictate how he operates.

Back