Social Nike plan to puts "Betsy Ross" flag on its shoes Canceled *UPDATE* Az Governor Flips on Nike Factory

This will be interesting. There has been some debate about how much impact these state incentives have on companies decisions to base their physical operations.

If Nike decides to build elsewhere will Ducey be hailed as a Conservative hero or a duncey snowflake>

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/02/ari...tives-after-it-pulls-betsy-ross-sneakers.html

"
Arizona Governor Doug Ducey said on Tuesday in a tweet he will order the state’s commerce authority to withdraw all financial incentive dollars for the shoe company to locate in the state after Nike said it’s dropping its Betsy Ross American flag sneakers.

Nike has been planning to build a manufacturing plant on metro Phoenix’s west side, which is expected to bring 500 jobs to the area, The Arizona Republic reported on Monday. The Goodyear City Council on Monday had agreed to waive up to nearly $1 million in review and permit fees and reimburse up to $1 million for the jobs it will create, the paper reported."

itsaboldstrategycotton.gif

This will be interesting. There has been some debate about how much impact these state incentives have on companies decisions to base their physical operations.

If Nike decides to build elsewhere will Ducey be hailed as a Conservative hero or a duncey snowflake>

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/02/ari...tives-after-it-pulls-betsy-ross-sneakers.html

"
Arizona Governor Doug Ducey said on Tuesday in a tweet he will order the state’s commerce authority to withdraw all financial incentive dollars for the shoe company to locate in the state after Nike said it’s dropping its Betsy Ross American flag sneakers.

Nike has been planning to build a manufacturing plant on metro Phoenix’s west side, which is expected to bring 500 jobs to the area, The Arizona Republic reported on Monday. The Goodyear City Council on Monday had agreed to waive up to nearly $1 million in review and permit fees and reimburse up to $1 million for the jobs it will create, the paper reported."

Isn't this the part where when the shoe is on the other foot liberals use the slur, "Corporate bootlicker"?

Y'all sure seem to hate corporations, demanding stoic stands be taken against them, until they're doing something you like. What would I find if I searched your post history on AOC's position regarding New York incentives offered to Amazon, I wonder?

So the left is so bothered by an American flag that an entire line of shoes is recalled, but it is the right wing that is outraged for discussing that strange state of affairs? Lol.

The context of my post is the thread I made about Trump wanting military chiefs to flank him at the 4th of July celebrations. The posters I tagged in the post your responded to were moaning about my thread , claiming it was typical liberal/Democrat/anti-Trump triggering. So I thought I would show them how there are several recent threads in this sub-forum where righties are bothered by small things. The post you responded to isn't mean to be taken alone, it is in the context mentioned above.

The context of my post is the thread I made about Trump wanting military chiefs to flank him at the 4th of July celebrations. The posters I tagged in the post your responded to were moaning about my thread , claiming it was typical liberal/Democrat/anti-Trump triggering. So I thought I would show them how there are several recent threads in this sub-forum where righties are bothered by small things. The post you responded to isn't mean to be taken alone, it is in the context mentioned above.

The primary subject of this thread is the left being bothered by the American flag. Your context doesn't change that. All the right has done is point out the obvious, knee jerk anti-Americanism of Kaepernick and his ilk.

Conservatives should star their own footwear brand, and put the flag on it .

any product with the american flag could be a good idea. a free symbol. Nike would sue if you sold products with a swash symbol.

anyway, I doubt the ex-football player really had much pull in this and it was planned this way by nike.

Isn't this the part where when the shoe is on the other foot liberals use the slur, "Corporate bootlicker"?

Y'all sure seem to hate corporations, demanding stoic stands be taken against them, until they're doing something you like. What would I find if I searched your post history on AOC's position regarding New York incentives offered to Amazon, I wonder?

Lol I am corporate bootlicker who wants to get rid of Corporate income taxes in general.

But I have said in the past (at least in regards to NYC and Silicon Valley) that I don't think these incentives sway companies decisions as much as people think. At least not when it's NYC competing against Nashville for a tech HQ location

If you need a highly skilled workforce to run your company you can't put your headquarters anywhere, you need to go to where the workforce is. So if the choice is between Boston and NYC sure tax incentives could be a factor or Nashville and Raleigh.....

The primary subject of this thread is the left being bothered by the American flag. Your context doesn't change that. All the right has done is point out the obvious, knee jerk anti-Americanism of Kaepernick and his ilk.
So my post went right over your head. I was specifically pointing out to certain posters how they are quick to claim the left is bothered by XYZ but completely ignore all the threads about the Right being bothered by all manner of things in daily life.

any product with the american flag could be a good idea. a free symbol. Nike would sue if you sold products with a swash symbol.

anyway, I doubt the ex-football player really had much pull in this and it was planned this way by nike.

Nike wins either way. They can comeback in a short while and say they are resuming production. The Kaepernik advert situation showed them that reality is they befitted from all the controversy, contrary to what the Right claimed would happen.

Re. any product with the flag.
Have to disagree here. I think it cheapens the flag to willy nilly utilize it. Like how car dealerships love to fly an oversized flag. On a personal level I am not bothered either way, by people sporting the flag or protesting it.

Nike fucked themselves by making him a spokesperson. Play stupid games...

"

As a resident of Arizona I’m good with this
“Instead of celebrating American history the week of our nation’s independence, Nike has apparently decided that Betsy Ross is unworthy, and has bowed to the current onslaught of political correctness and historical revisionism,” the thread continued. “It is a shameful retreat for the company. American businesses should be proud of our country’s history, not abandoning it.”.

He did with some others oddly enough. I’m not surprised they made plus model mannequins, Muslim head wear and trying to get all the check boxes for most progressive company

Nike has a great business model, trigger Trump Republicans. They burn their Nike gear, and then profit.
Last time their stock went up over the triggering of the Kap commercial.
Personally sad to see, I would have bought those shoes.

Nike wins either way. They can comeback in a short while and say they are resuming production. The Kaepernik advert situation showed them that reality is they befitted from all the controversy, contrary to what the Right claimed would happen.

Re. any product with the flag.
Have to disagree here. I think it cheapens the flag to willy nilly utilize it. Like how car dealerships love to fly an oversized flag. On a personal level I am not bothered either way, by people sporting the flag or protesting it.

I didn't mean from the flags perspective, but some podunk start up company could benefit from a familiar symbol.

Nike has a great business model, trigger Trump Republicans. They burn their Nike gear, and then profit.

tsk tsk....buying $140 shoes while your 12 kids starve.

I protested by beating the shit out of my flyknits throughout 5 months of training and then donated them. That el show em!

Nike’s are shit though, if there were a made in USA company with decent looking knits I’d gladly pay a premium, I know allbirds and NB has a few but they are meh. Maybe I can run in Lanvins

Also the Philadelphia 76’ers are now a white supremacist organization because their jersey is literally the BR US flag

<{MindBrown}>

Now that's fuzzy math.

Obviously. I'm not going to go quoting multi-platform "sponsored content" ads in The Hill, The Wall Street Journal, Fox News, NPR, and MSNBC (at a glance) let alone what it would cost to get a congressman or senator to talk about your product on the floor.

The manufacturing price is also fuzzy. It might be $5 to manufacture a shoe. I doubt it, but Nike is high end-ish as sneekers go.

Either way, lets say they made 100,000 shoes at $10 a piece. They get coverage in every major outlet for a million dollars plus the cost of some logistics. Even at the high end that's an absolute win.

So my post went right over your head. I was specifically pointing out to certain posters how they are quick to claim the left is bothered by XYZ but completely ignore all the threads about the Right being bothered by all manner of things in daily life.

I don't care about your inside beef with those other guys. You said this:
Just another Rightwing outrage thread. Imagine being this outraged all the time about mundane things/
, and in the context of this thread, that's a laughably poor take. Leftists are outraged by the American flag and demand the recall of shoes bearing that emblem. That's the basis of this thread.

Left: The American flag is racist. People who wear shoes bearing it are white supremacists.
Right: You guys complain a lot. It's ridiculous.
Left: Saying that exposes that you guys are always outraged. How does it feel to be outraged so often?
Right: Sigh...

Back