Social Nike plan to puts "Betsy Ross" flag on its shoes Canceled *UPDATE* Az Governor Flips on Nike Factory

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by JamesRussler, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Kafir-kun

Kafir-kun Al Far'oun

Democratic People's Islamic Republic of Kekistan
    Tbh I don't really feel proud about being American as much as I feel gratitude. I don't feel pride in things I haven't done but I realize that being born in the US is better than being born in most of the world.

7437 and TheLastSpartan like this.
  2. SleepyBoy

SleepyBoy Silver Belt

Don't sell yourself short. If you work hard and pay your taxes, you are doing your part.
    I bet you probably help out fellow Americans all the time at your job and in your life, too.

jeffbeesdat likes this.
  3. Cuauhtemoc

Cuauhtemoc Pragmatic Technocratic Authoritarian

It depends on the definition of pride, I mean pride as in not feeling ashamed for you country. Some masochists are literally depressed that their countries did this or that.
    Are you getting the most out of your nationality? The main advantage of being American is higher education and business.
    The best universities are in the US, only the UK(Oxbridge) and a few continental european come closer. And business of course as it's important to have at least an office in the US.
    In terms of quality of life there countries that are better for the average person. These are smaller and in general the US is the best large country by far. I mean large in land and population. I bet it's great to be a native of Monaco or Liechtenstein.
    I wish I was Kuwaiti or Qatari living on dat oil money though

Kafir-kun likes this.
  4. west42

west42 Brown Belt

JamesRussler likes this.
  5. PolishHeadlock2

PolishHeadlock2 Brown Belt Platinum Member

6. Beaver Brownlee

Beaver Brownlee Cunt punter

They should put coupons for free abortions in every Nike box.

SleepyBoy likes this.
  7. MadDildo

MadDildo Shame Staff Member Senior Moderator

https://edgepage.com/2019/07/12/nike-goes-ahead-with-investment-in-new-arizona-manufacturing-plant/
    [​IMG]

Tell me...are all you leftists going to suck off this Arizona governor now that he brilliantly scored this deal sans the incentives as hard as you tried to lick AOC's clit over the NYC Amazon jobs despite that Amazon never actually brought all those HQ2 jobs they canceled after she withdrew Queens' incentive package?

Only the city is still honoring its deals (which the governor didn't control)-- not the state.

8. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

So one should not point out the hypocrisy of this virtue signalling Republican? That he condemns Nike for the Betsy Ross show but only 2 days later is wearing a Nike show, and that too on the 4th of July.

9. MadDildo

Who gives a shit about something that relatively trivial to his constituent base?

He just clowned Nike, Kaepernick, and everyone else by leveraging that socially sourced political pressure to win a $184m deal for his state while offering no state incentives in return.

10. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

There a lot of "trivial" things that get discussed online and mentioned here on the forum. Is someone only supposed to discuss major issues? The forum is full of threads on current happenings that are trivial relative to the immigrant situation at the border, the Iran-US problems, the China-US trade issues, the North Korea nuke issue .

His base while continuing to support him will personally know he is a fraud . Independents who might have sided with him, now can see him as a fraud.

He didn't clown Kaepernik, as he has not been able to reverse Nike acquiescing to Kaep. One can also say that he did a climb-down, when he walked by his initial condemnation of Nike.

11. MadDildo

I'm not saying that the "trivial" issue over the Betsy Ross shoes isn't worthy of discussion. This thread was here.

I'm saying that it's quite trivial within the context of the concession he received from Nike in exchange for the jobs it brought to his constituents. First, Kaep cucked Nike by virtue signaling, and they caved to his fragile wittle feelings despite that athletes should have no say over projects unrelated to them. But the last laugh was the governor's who double-cucked them when he exploited that weakness to get the jobs he wanted for his constituents, anyway, without any of the added incentives. He played the morons in a way that you only dreamed AOC actually played Amazon (but in reality didn't).

How many millions in added revenue for his state is that estimated to be? Call it the "#Woke Tax".

[​IMG]

Only God of victory in this debacle.

12. PolishHeadlock2

You realize this proves what I was saying earlier that these incentives don't really sway companies decisions right?

Thanks

13. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

The average Joe is the winner, this guy only gave this critics ammo to show him for the fraud he is.

You are giving him far to much credit. He could have come out of this way better if all he did was
    a) rescind Nike's $1 million tax break
    b) later walk back his opposition to Nike's investment
    But him wearing the Nike shoe, has absolutely zero positive impact, as far as gaming Nike. All it did was open him up for criticism.

And where are you getting this notion "that you only dreamed AOC actually played Amazon (but in reality didn't)."

14. DIDM

DIDM Honk Honk

Those folks already get free abortions

15. MadDildo

In New York they sure as hell did. In Arizona Nike was forced to bend the knee.
    He withdrew the incentive package. So, no, I'm not giving him "too much credit". He's the only person who can sensibly be given credit.

But you can't because...TDS.

16. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

You are missing the point , which is that him wearing Nike after he condemned Nike does not help him or Arizona in withholding the $1mill tax breaks.

So you have sunk to the lowest of the low, with your "TDS" comment. Congrats on emulating the rightwing hacks in the War room, who have a habit of saying "TDS" and "Orange man bad" in threads critical of Trump.

How exactly is exposing Ducey's hypocrisy an example of "TDS" . I must have missed the news of Trump morphing into Ducey. Wait, are you saying that criticizing a Republican is a sign of "TDS" ? If so haven't you actually criticized Trump himself.

17. MadDildo

Because Trump criticized your hero Kaep.

Congrats on retreating to an insincere, wounded hollow about "TDS!" because it took me three little sentences to devastate your pitiful attempt to avoid acknowledging the governor's economic achievement for his state, here.

18. PolishHeadlock2

Lol fake news

19. Liquid Smoke

Liquid Smoke Great artists steal™

They should impeach this flip-flopper right now.
    Especially since they caught him wearing those ugly ass shoes.

20. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

No, this is all your projection and attempts to deflect from the subject, which is Ducey. I didn't say anything about Trump and his itch with Kaep. My thread and comments have been confined to Ducey only, but you got no counter argument so you resort to "TDS" .

So by your logic anytime someone criticizes a politician for making a statement against XYZ entity , it is a case of TDS if Trump also happens to criticize said entity.

You are trying to dismiss this guy's virtue signalling hypocrisy by going on about his tax break rescind. You have failed to explain how him wearing Nike helped him in rescinding the Tax breaks. You can argue that he used the Betsy Ross issue to score a win for the State, but you can't argue how he helped the State or himself by showing he is a hypocrite.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019