Social Nike plan to puts "Betsy Ross" flag on its shoes Canceled *UPDATE* Az Governor Flips on Nike Factory

In what fucking warped world does having a problem with America translate into being "Anti-American"? You're out of your cot damn mind.

Y'all need to quit with that fake pious patriot bullshit while the GOP is subverting democracy nationwide. Get a grip.

1. It isn't warped to infer that a person who despises the US to the extent that they feel it is wrong to sell tennis shoes with American flags is anti-American. Kaepernick cannot manage to show a modicum of respect or fealty to the US either currently or historically. If there is something he likes about America, he is being rather coy about it. It is reasonable to think he dislikes this country.

2. Pious patriotism is the sort that feels it is wrong to put flags on shoes because it is too casual. I haven't seen much of that around here other than perhaps in jest.

3. Negative attitudes toward the US are widely shared on the American left.

g.jpg

1. It isn't warped to infer that a person who despises the US to the extent that they feel it is wrong to sell tennis shoes with American flags is anti-American. Kaepernick cannot manage to show a modicum of respect or fealty to the US either currently or historically. If there is something he likes about America, he is being rather coy about it. It is reasonable to think he dislikes this country.

2. Pious patriotism is the sort that feels it is wrong to put flags on shoes because it is too casual. I haven't seen much of that around here other than perhaps in jest.

g.jpg

lol WTF?

^<Lmaoo>

BTW click on the tweet and go through the replies if you want to see cheesy liberals making the same predictable "YA NO THUR UR/UR DADS SHOES LMAO" joke ten thousand different times.

The famous Republican sense of humor lol

thats enough out of kapernick... its not like slavery was the focal point of the 13 colonies... or the flag represented or supports it... he knows where his bread is buttered tho...

so they must not want the current american flag on any shoe or clothing either seeing as we had jim crow not too long ago .. where does it end .. these people want to destroy any history about this country that involves the pasty people

g.jpg

1. Subservience isn't a trait I value.

2. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Look at your damn third point. So if you're not "Extremely proud to be an American" then you're anti-American? Again, you're out of your mind. This is exactly why Nationalism is dangerous, it has you thinking that if you're not sucking America's dick then you're ISIS. Get on with that shit.

Snowflake conservatives Triggered by BASED Colin Kaep yet again! Hahahaha

So what you're saying is Nike is a misogynist corporation? Hmmmm, you might be onto something......
As a resident of Arizona I’m good with this
“Instead of celebrating American history the week of our nation’s independence, Nike has apparently decided that Betsy Ross is unworthy, and has bowed to the current onslaught of political correctness and historical revisionism,” the thread continued. “It is a shameful retreat for the company. American businesses should be proud of our country’s history, not abandoning it.”.

I thought flags on clothing was against some bylaws the right wing tried pulling up during his kneeling phase?

Also lol at anyone saying Nike lost money yea they lost a few hours of Chinese slave labor

Wonder what Kaepernick thinks about these shoes.

adidas-scraps-handcuffs-js-roundhouse-mid-2.jpg

"The attempt to commercialize and make popular more than 200 years of human degradation, where blacks were considered three-fifths human by our Constitution is offensive, appalling and insensitive. Removing the chains from our ankles and placing them on our shoes is no progress. ... These slave shoes are odious and we as a people should be called to resent and resist them." -Jesse Jackson

He protests modern America and he is lionized by the left.

There is a difference between protesting police brutatilty and protesting America. To the best of my knowledge (and I'm not a football guy, I've never read a Kap interview) he was very publicly taking a knee out of respect at the request of a vet because that was suggested as the most respectful means of protest, and the issue he was protesting was not "America Bad" it was police brutality.

That basically allows for 3 possibilites:
  1. I genuinely don't know what he's saying and he's been damning America as a whole.
  2. A large portion of the population sees police brutality as inherently American.
  3. This is another strawman argument.

If you don't share such a sentiment, then simply say so, but stop gaslighting the rest of us as if there were not a strong anti-American streak on the left. There is and it the anti-American left is growing much stronger.

I'd say the left is more honest and vocal about their greivances. Certainly their historic greivances. They're way more likely to express frustration with America as a collective representation of what they dislike in society or culture. But I've never met an American (and I live in the liberal ass north east) who hates America.

Conservatives on the other hand, will fly a traitors flag, Will ralley with literal nazis, and will proudly go to a supposedly American politial ralley overtly telling us they align more closely with hostile foreign powers than Americans.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/russian-than-democrat-shirts/

All ends of the spectrum have toxic extremism and I detest all of it. There is a lot of "left wing" behavior that I loathe, but when you see protesting in an effort to make shooting unarmed people as more unamerican than treason... I don't even understand how to bridge that gap.

There is a difference between protesting police brutatilty and protesting America.

Sure, but Kaepernick protested in a way that intentionally blurred that distinction, and then doubled down on it. How are Betsy Ross sneakers related to police brutality or slavery? They aren't. How are they related to America? Well, they bear its flag, and it was this emblem that Kaepernick and Nike decided was intolerable.

^<Lmaoo>

BTW click on the tweet and go through the replies if you want to see cheesy liberals making the same predictable "YA NO THUR UR/UR DADS SHOES LMAO" joke ten thousand different times.

Now THOSE are Nike Frees..

1. Subservience isn't a trait I value.

2. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Look at your damn third point. So if you're not "Extremely proud to be an American" then you're anti-American? Again, you're out of your mind. This is exactly why Nationalism is dangerous, it has you thinking that if you're not sucking America's dick then you're ISIS. Get on with that shit.

1. Silly response. No subservience has been shown or requested by anyone in this thread.
2. I'm not sure what it means to suck America's dick, nor did I call anyone ISIS. You are forced to resort to melodrama because the basic facts make it reasonable to infer that neither Kaepernick nor much of the left like America very much. He doesn't, and they don't.

1. Silly response. No subservience has been shown or requested by anyone in this thread.
2. I'm not sure what it means to suck America's dick, nor did I call anyone ISIS. You are forced to resort to melodrama because the basic facts make it reasonable to infer that neither Kaepernick nor much of the left like America very much. He doesn't, and they don't.

Are you aware of what the word "fealty" means? You used it, i would hope that you'd understand words before you throw them out there like other people don't know the denotation and connotation of them. So no, subservience is not a trait I value.

And only someone who associates being anti american with not being "Extremely proud to be an American" could type that shit out with a straight face. I can read the graphs and your post. Maybe try the shtick on someone who doesn't have grade school literary comprehension skills.

g.jpg
I don't deny that a certain kind of anti-Americanism might be more common on the left but I don't think this chart is the best evidence for that. Is it anti-American to be merely "very proud" or "moderately proud" to be an American? Either of those would likely be my answer depending on when you ask me. If you had shown the numbers for "not proud at all" I think that would be a better measure of anti-Americanism.

Back