Social Nike plan to puts "Betsy Ross" flag on its shoes Canceled *UPDATE* Az Governor Flips on Nike Factory

JamesRussler

You can call me Jimmy
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nike-colin-kaepernick-sneaker-betsy-ross

This the "Betsy Ross" flag:

betsyrossflag.jpg

This flag is often said to be the first version of our current "stars and stripes" flag, and its design is commonly attributed to some lady named Betsy Ross. The thirteen stars represent the thirteen original colonies, much like the 50 stars on our current flag represent our 50 states.

So Nike wanted to celebrate Independence Day 2019 by putting this outdated flag on some of its shoes. The shoes look like this:

Patriotic-Nikes-1.jpg

Patriotic-Nikes.jpg

But Colin Kaeprenuk had other ideas because he thinks the flag is racist.
Here's the story:

Just don’t do it.

That was the message ex-NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick delivered to Nike over the planned release of a USA-themed sneaker, which featured a Betsy Ross flag on the heel, according to a report.

Nike nixed the released of the Air Max 1 USA after having already sent the sneakers to retailers because the protesting quarterback said he felt the use of the Betsy Ross flag was offensive and carried slavery connotations, sources told The Wall Street Journal.

Citing people familiar with the matter, the Journal’s report stated: “After images of the shoe were posted online, Mr. Kaepernick, a Nike endorser, reached out to company officials saying that he and others felt the Betsy Ross flag is an offensive symbol because of its connection to an era of slavery.”

In response, a Nike spokeswoman told the Journal: “Nike has chosen not to release the Air Max 1 Quick Strike Fourth of July as it featured the old version of the American flag.”

The sneaker originally was slated to be released on Monday, and posts hyping its release said it would cost $140.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nike-colin-kaepernick-sneaker-betsy-ross

4bfa13760bf55c3aa3d8af78bcc3ae70.jpg

^^^ This is Colin Kaepernick, if you didn't know. He's the guy who kneels at the National Anthem. The NFL player.

So it looks like Kurrpenik has thoroughly cucked Nike. Since they apparently already made and shipped the shoes, Nike probably lost a metric shit ton of money. But its okay because they appeased some guy who is 1/8 black, tops. Good job, Nike.

The real question is how can I get some of these? Srsly those look dope AF. I wonder how much a pair goes for. Lemme know if you see any.

Anyway, happy early Fourth of July.

Discuss.

Last edited:
Colin is the real racist and we all know it.

Red, white and blue, stars and stripes... totally racist, dude.

Nike got played. Now every pair that was sent out will sell on the black market for 1000% markup.

Can you imagine people at Nike actually reversing course cuz of that little whiny dbag?

Buncha cucks.

This story does not matter because I am uninterested in it.

Obviously racist. Designer of the shoes and all executives who approved this footwear need to be expunged from Earth immediately.

But why is he doing a white supremacist hand signal.

Last edited:
Is that the failed backup qb who wasn’t good enough to play so he and his militant gf manufactured outrage as a publicity stunt?...

lol at that clown deciding what shoes go on the market

I can't feel bad for Nike though. You reap what you sow, and this is what happens when you choose activists over athletes to endorse your brand

Shit like this (Anti-American Left) will help Trump win in 2020.

I'm not American. Is there a legit reason why this Betsy Ross flag is more offensive to minorities, or is it just another case of liberals being pussies?

lol@ Kaepernick completely cucking Nike and the NFL. This dude is great hustler. Do your thing, young brother.

The majority of those original 13 colonies did allow slavery, don't see how it isn't a stretch to say that the flag representing those times would be a throwback to slavery-support.

Can't fly the Nazi flag without the Jews getting in a tizzy about it

Colin Kaepernick can fuck off. That dude is whiter than Woody Allen.

Publicity stunt. I don't buy their overpriced shoddily made sweat shop crap anyways.

Back