Media Nik Lentz Shows The Damage Done To His Eye After The Eye Pokes

cant use pride gloves because that would be another omission to the superiority of that promotion over the UFC

everyone already knows Sakakibara and his Yakuza boys fucked UFC in the ass when they sold them nothing but video footage and Mark Hunt.

Would be pretty cool, if someday, somewhere, on a distant planet, refs started deducting points for eye pokes.

Jus' sayin'.

everyone already knows Sakakibara and his Yakuza boys fucked UFC in the ass when they sold them nothing but video footage and Mark Hunt.
UFC had to add a non compete clause and pay him out no to start another promotion they were so scared of the competition lol

Eye Gouging Allen is a another example of inferior European guys cheating to keep up with handsome American men.

Brett Johns beat Tony Gravely fair and square, and Nik cheated too.

Anyway, where was the eyepoke? I see some reports saying it happened late in the second round but I've rewatched it and haven't been able to pin it down. Obviously, there was an eyepoke but I would like to know precisely where it happened in the match.

if they don't do it already, athletic commissions should examine fighters fingernails and get them filed down. maybe discounted manicure with a reebok coupon? hospitals usually have policies on requiring clinical workers to have short fingernails, to reduce the risk of infections

There's an easy fix. Over here if you fight in B class (ammy fights) you use 6 ounce gloves where the glove covers all your fingers. It doesn't make much of a difference with grappling as you never use individual fingers for anything anyway.

Bisping literally lost an eye from eye pokes and they often ruin fights. I think the UFC like the A class gloves because it looks tougher...or some shit.
Maybe im not remembering correctly but Bisping lost his eye because of that. belfort_bisping.0.0.jpg

no troll, serious question, how do you fix it?

some kind of eyewear (would get real weird), different gloves, stiffer penalties for the egregious ones?

lot of ideas get passed around but for every one in favor of one, someone else throws a legitimate con.

I think penalties definitely need to be enforced better, baseline. idk about the rest.
I literally don't recall PRIDE ever having a problem with eye pokes and they had different gloves that forced a curve in the fingers.

They clearly should try these gloves.

Looks bad, potential for overturning the result?

I've never been a fan, but holy shit, I didn't want for him to end up having to resort to piracy post-MMA...

Poor guy.

Piracy is underrated here on Sherdog

Tk95Ot3.jpg

He’s such a whiny whiny bitch

Lentz you lost 2 rounds in a 3 round fight

fuck off

Damn, looks like he fought Gilbert Yvel.

First eyepoke = -2 points
2nd eyepoke = automatic disqualification

Thatll stop it 100%

legitimate curiosity, not trying to troll up an argument, is there legitimate evidence of reduced pokes with those gloves in use?

They look like they'd help, just curious if there's factual backing. I haven't watched a Pride fight in over a decade, only ever watched the big ones after the fact, so I don't really know. Was never really looking out for eye pokes in what I did watch.

It's one thing to say they'd help because they look like they would, but if Pride or other orgs with similar gloves saw significantly less, or no poke injuries, then it'd be damn hard for Dana and company to argue it.

Those don't look like they'd have any negative impact on submissions or anything like that, either.

I think the point of the Pride gloves is that you really have to try to straighten your hand while wearing them which makes it easier to see its intentional.

Pride had more of a nut shot issue than an eye poke issue.

Maybe im not remembering correctly but Bisping lost his eye because of that. View attachment 718005
It was from training that he kept tearing his retina. There's a vid around of him explaining it. A head kick doesn't detach your retina. I think he was already having problems with it/had surgery just prior to the Belfort fight. The head kick probably didn't help just after he had surgery though.

Back