Niinim

C'mon, there were some "Vikings" in southern Finland... I guess. Or at least they sailed this far pretty often. Went to some museum village once. :D

Well, the west coast is filled with blondes with blue eyes, so I guess you can consider them to be viking-esque. As others have already stated though, being a viking had little to do with your actual race, except most tended to come from Scandinavia.

Finns are one of the oldest ACTUAL races of Europe though, and closest to the Cro-Magnon man from all of the modern nationalities when it comes to craniometrical readings, so dude, we've got some cool heritage involved stuff too :D Also, the literature on the early Finns makes it pretty clear that they weren't exactly known as physically weak and obedient people by the Norse or the Swedes, far from it. I've read a bunch of random stuff on the war between Finland and Novgorod (which could be described as modern Russia) back in the 1200's, and turns out that it went better than expected back then as it did in the Winter War. Finnish stubborness is a real thing. ;)

Last edited:
Well, the west coast is filled with blondes with blue eyes, so I guess you can consider them to be viking-esque. As others have already stated though, being a viking had little to do with your actual race, except most tended to come from Scandinavia.

Finns are one of the oldest ACTUAL races of Europe though, and closest to the Cro-Magnon man from all of the modern nationalities when it comes to craniometrical readings, so dude, we've got some cool heritage involved stuff too :D Also, the literature on the early Finns makes it pretty clear that they weren't exactly known as physically weak and obedient people by the Norse or the Swedes, far from it. I've read a bunch of random stuff on the war between Finland and Novgorod (which could be described as modern Russia) back in the 1200's, and turns out that it went better than expected back then as it did in the Winter War. Finnish stubborness is a real thing. ;)

Durable people the Finns. Finnish sisu often impresses me, especially when it comes to ice hockey. You seldom see the Finnish lions make the kind of weak performances that Tre Kronor makes now and again without reason.

Durable people the Finns. Finnish sisu often impresses me, especially when it comes to ice hockey. You seldom see the Finnish lions make the kind of weak performances that Tre Kronor makes now and again without reason.

Well, along with Sisu being a real thing, it's also known that on average, the Finnish people have the biggest amount of genetic diversity in Europe, so you could say that Finns from a certain area have less Sisu than Finns from another. :D

For example, Turku has plenty of Sisu, but Helsinki has none. Fact. :wink:

Well, along with Sisu being a real thing, it's also known that on average, the Finnish people have the biggest amount of genetic diversity in Europe, so you could say that Finns from a certain area have less Sisu than Finns from another. :D

For example, Turku has plenty of Sisu, but Helsinki has none. Fact. :wink:

I see your location there, but as a big Sel

polar bears in stockholm? flawed logic, polar bears can't stand city life, they get sad., and often starts abusing some sort of carborated, brown water. then you'll see polarbear walking around with sunglasses inside trying to hide their bloodshot eyes!

Yeah that's true, I might have confused them with the giant albino pandas that roam the streets here...

Maybe HerpDerp was kidding. There is some genetic variation between East and West but mostly we are pretty homogenous. So homogenous in fact that some regions are in dire need of "new blood". We have some of the highest numbers of hereditary deseases in Europe because of it

Ok, my bad. But yeah, compared with Sweden, the "new blood" that has arrived in Finland in the last 50 years is astonishingly low. I think we got 29 000 refugees from Syria alone last year, while you got 1 800. Not that I agree with Swedish immigration politics, but that says a lot.

Maybe HerpDerp was kidding. There is some genetic variation between East and West but mostly we are pretty homogenous. So homogenous in fact that some regions are in dire need of "new blood". We have some of the highest numbers of hereditary deseases in Europe because of it

Wasn't kidding, but now that you mention it, I'm not entirely sure that Finland has the highest overall genetic diversity after all. I think the statistic I was referring to in my previous post actually stated that the diversity between the Finnish people from the West, from the East and from the North is record high in Europe per region, but the genetic diversity inside those areas themselves is lower than average instead.

Ps. Gotta say I enjoy a troll-free casual discussion, especially when it bumps both Tom Niinim

Yeah so much kuk.
Hope it doesn't go over into pure arrogance if he wins

Yeah so much kuk.
Hope it doesn't go over into pure arrogance if he wins

Who Niklas? Never! :icon_chee

Frankly I think he crossed that line when he took a two week short notice fight against Niinim

Back