Niinim

Was obviously gonna be a European, looking forward to this one.

Finns
Vikings
Pick one

The viking schtick is so tired anyways

It's not really a schtick.

It's one of the most unique cultures to come out of Europe, and one of the oldest. The Vikings as a people are connected to many other groups genetically and historically, and I find that history and culture fascinating, much more so than the Greco/Roman culture that dominated Southern Europe well into the middle ages.

Plus, don't fuck with Vikings. For real.

It's one of the most unique cultures to come out of Europe, and one of the oldest. The Vikings as a people are connected to many other groups genetically and historically, and I find that history and culture fascinating, much more so than the Greco/Roman culture that dominated Southern Europe well into the middle ages.

I didn't say vikings were lame or uninteresting.
I said the viking schtick for anything Scandinavian is over used.

And "vikings" were not a people. Swedes, Geats, Danes, Rus to name a few were types of people/tribes. Vikings were sailors from these people operating between 800-1100. Hardly the oldest then, either.

Last edited:
Ilir Latifi, who had an impressive debut vs Mousasi and then went on to finish Diabate in the first round.

Getting punched in the face for 3 rounds isn't very impressive and Diabate hasn't been relevant in ages.

The Vikings where not "a people". The term comes from the act of 'going Viking' and that was to raid towns and settlements on sea shores and river banks.

Norse people who didn't take part in these raiding parties were not Vikings.

EDIT: Oops, Knifeparty already explained it

Looking forward to this one, for sure. Just hoping for a good fight, regardless of who wins.

C'mon, there were some "Vikings" in southern Finland... I guess. Or at least they sailed this far pretty often. Went to some museum village once. :D

Vikings had some small settlements in Finland, but they were really only like "pit stops" when they sailed East to Russia.

Getting punched in the face for 3 rounds isn't very impressive and Diabate hasn't been relevant in ages.
You are just mad because Sweden got way more talent than Finland.

You are just mad because Sweden got way more talent than Finland.

No, I'm actually a fan of Gus. Latifi has one loss and one win over a washed up old man. It just isn't very impressive.

Considering he was fighting Moose in his UFC debut and didn't get finished and landed a TD or two...yeah, I'd say that's a pretty impressive debut. No one expected him to win that fight, and most expected him to get finished within 2 rounds (some saying it wouldn't go a full minute iirc, but I could be remembering wrong), so considering the level of opponent he faced, he did much better than expected. Then he choked out Diabate quickly. Sure, he's not a high-level opponent, but he's a guy with a lot of experience at the top of the game, and Latifi handled him, meaning he's a better fighter than another UFC-caliber fighter.

It's absolutely a sthick. Vikings were murdering, raping, pillaging monsters; modern Scandinavians live in some of the most generous cradle-to-grave welfare states in the world that are disgusted that men have any sort of privilege over women.

It's a shtick, dudebro.

If I'm going with a shtick, I'll go with the, "Finland won the Winter War" one.

It's absolutely a sthick. Vikings were murdering, raping, pillaging monsters; modern Scandinavians live in some of the most generous cradle-to-grave welfare states in the world that are disgusted that men have any sort of privilege over women.

It's a shtick, dudebro.

If I'm going with a shtick, I'll go with the, "Finland won the Winter War" one.

I think you mean southern parts of sweden, were i live there is mostly trees reindeers and mining. and all the resources we have up here in the north goes straight down to those... fiends, in stockholm and such.

I think you mean southern parts of sweden, were i live there is mostly trees reindeers and mining. and all the resources we have up here in the north goes straight down to those... fiends, in stockholm and such.

Be nice now, and maybe we'll allow you to come down and visit us here in the prosperous south...

Back