Television Night Stalker: The Hunt For a Serial Killer (Netflix)

I agree with the poster above that said that hearing that woman describing getting raped at the age of six was brutal.

Im definitely planning on watching this series but.. I could really do without the description of a rape like this -or any rape honestly. I knew this dude was a piece of shit, but I thought he was run of the mill serial killer/rapist piece of shit. Not child rapist piece of shit too..

Also.. side note.. but, what up with the Golden State Killer..? That story was right up there with the Zodiac in terms of constantly referenced, talked about, featured. And then they solve it and fucking *crickets*

No specials, no parading the dude around, no info almost at all. Like it wasn’t real or some shit. And it turns out to be a fucking cop.. how have like 19 feature length films and docu-series not been made about this now that it has an ending..?

Also.. side note.. but, what up with the Golden State Killer..? That story was right up there with the Zodiac in terms of constantly referenced, talked about, featured. And then they solve it and fucking *crickets*

No specials, no parading the dude around, no info almost at all. Like it wasn’t real or some shit. And it turns out to be a fucking cop.. how have like 19 feature length films and docu-series not been made about this now that it has an ending..?

There was one shitty documentary. Might have been HBO. Poorly executed. Definitely room for something more in-depth and properly done.

There was one shitty documentary. Might have been HBO. Poorly executed. Definitely room for something more in-depth and properly done.

Seriously.. I think on SD alone I’ve seen at least 2-3 threads dedicated to the case before it was solved.. it was easily one of the top-5 all time unsolved serial cases. It’s shocking how very little it’s talked about now that it’s been solved, even tho there’s so much background about dude, his motives, and how he got caught to get into.

The only thing I can think of is maybe they don’t want to give too much exposure to how he was caught thru the ancestory DNA stuff.

Seriously.. I think on SD alone I’ve seen at least 2-3 threads dedicated to the case before it was solved.. it was easily one of the top-5 all time unsolved serial cases. It’s shocking how very little it’s talked about now that it’s been solved, even tho there’s so much background about dude, his motives, and how he got caught to get into.

The only thing I can think of is maybe they don’t want to give too much exposure to how he was caught thru the ancestory DNA stuff.

Agreed. The sheer number of crimes is astounding.

Don't know they're keeping too much secret with the DNA usage. ABC even has a six episode show about this chick solving crimes.

You should check out the Casefile True Crime Podcast. They do episodes about cold cases, serial crimes and the likes. They did an amazing 5 part series about the East Area Rapist aka the Golden State Killer back in 2017 while the case was still unsolved. Joseph James DeAngelo was arrested for the crimes on June 24th of 2018. They released part 6 in December of 2020 after the arrest. You definitely should listen to it.

https://casefilepodcast.com/case-53-east-area-rapist-1976-part-1/

I like true crime and all, but Richard Ramirez is where it gets to be a bit much for me to stomach. Honestly, just one of the most unreasonably evil people I've ever heard of.

On the positive side, at least he inspired a really good song.

Binged it also, outside of all the grisly stuff he did, the other thing that got me was the desperation of the detectives and how one of them mentioned that he selfishly wanted him to commit another crime to have a chance to get more evidence.

I’ve enjoyed it so far. I’m about four episodes in and it has been quite interesting. I’ve known and seen specials on Richard Ramirez and being from LA, he’s a name that is well known.

It is worth a watch.

Cheese and rice I was just reading about him. It’s crazy that a dude caught him trying to rape the dude’s wife and beat him half to death, but declined to travel to testify against him. Probably the justice system would have slapped him on the wrist anyway, but it would have been nice for him to go to prison at that point.

i binged this 2 nights ago. great watch.

i had read about him a few years ago when he popped up in an article i was reading about psychos. then i read into him a bit more after that. but i was never too familiar with him as he was before my time.

the show was very well done and i found it rather interesting to me since i wasnt very well versed with him. great people on the show who were working the case at the time or knew someone that he killed. what are the chances in america let alone california the only pair of size 11 avia shoes were his?

Cheese and rice I was just reading about him. It’s crazy that a dude caught him trying to rape the dude’s wife and beat him half to death, but declined to travel to testify against him. Probably the justice system would have slapped him on the wrist anyway, but it would have been nice for him to go to prison at that point.

Damn. I missed that part. I'd like to think I'd make the trip back, but maybe the hubby was satisfied with the beating as punishment.

It was...mediocre.

In fairness, I pretty much know everything there is to know about this guy, so it felt a little tired, but still, it was pretty safe and definitely did not need four episodes to flesh it out.

I liked it, good info. But those long transition shots took me out of the show. Too many slow landscape shots in between scenes. They could've cut the episodes by 2 if they got rid of that filler.

It was...mediocre.

In fairness, I pretty much know everything there is to know about this guy, so it felt a little tired, but still, it was pretty safe and definitely did not need four episodes to flesh it out.

I've watched lots of these types of documentaries. Not sure how you call it mediocre. They celebrated the investigation more than the crimes. Maybe that's why it seemed safe?

I've watched lots of these types of documentaries. Not sure how you call it mediocre. They celebrated the investigation more than the crimes. Maybe that's why it seemed safe?

Nah, it's just nothing I've never heard or seen before. I don't know what I was expecting, but I guess it was a little redundant for me. It certainly didn't need to be four episodes long.

It's a decent little series. I was familiar with the case but certainly no expert. Didn't know about the child rapes, but was aware he was a shockingly violent individual.

I'd love to have had fly-on-the-wall footage of the LA detectives when they heard about the mayor from San Francisco's press conference.
How Diane Feinstein has moved up the political ranks for so long is amazing considering how useless she is.

Reactions: JSN
Back