Elections Night of a Thousand Candidates: CNN Democratic Town Hall

What is the suggestion here then? Despite Bernie’s rhetorical distain for capitalism, I don’t think it would go away if he had a two term presidency. Do you think it would?

This is where the fuzzy definitions become a problem. Like FDR, Sanders isn't attempting to abolish private ownership of the means of production but is trying to use regulation and taxation to reduce the inequality produced by a market distribution of income.

Never heard Bernie claim to be against capitalism. He wants to heavily regulate.

This is an eye of the beholder problem. Though I do not agree I am willing to acknowledge the purists who claim that when you regulate capitalism it's not really capitalism anymore.

I'm not going to clutch my pearls about somebody being mean to staff, honestly. I think it sucks for her subordinates, and it's totally understandable that they would selfishly speak out against her candidacy, but it's simply not that important. It's another "purity test."

But if she had, for example, exposed her breasts to staff or commented on the firmness of a subordinate's ass then you would be "clutching your pearls". Abuse is abuse. Harassment is harassment. If one is a disqualifier then the other should be as well.

But if she had, for example, exposed her breasts to staff or commented on the firmness of a subordinate's ass then you would be "clutching your pearls". Abuse is abuse. Harassment is harassment. If one is a disqualifier then the other should be as well.
I'm not quite ready to equate sexual harassment with being a massively bitchy boss.

I'm not quite ready to equate sexual harassment with being a massively bitchy boss.

So "massively bitchy" is what we're calling attempted bodily harm now? I think your partisan hackery is showing...

ain't nobody got time for that.. they need to cut some of these clowns and bring in only contenders..

So "massively bitchy" is what we're calling attempted bodily harm now? I think your partisan hackery is showing...
Then report her to the police. Dunno what to say, dude.

In terms of importance in a president, where do you rate "treats subordinates with respect"? I rate it low, relatively speaking. In my own life and with friends and family, I rate it quite high.

Last edited:
ain't nobody got time for that.. they need to cut some of these clowns and bring in only contenders..

Who exactly is a contender for the Dems right now?

Biden? He's already been outed as a creep.
WArren? Trump will eat her alive
Bernie? Too old, and will be thrown under the buss again by the dems.

he seems like he might be an upstanding dude with a personality that gives him a shot at winning and thats some brutal honesty there .

I can see it. I think Buttigieg has a solid chance, because he comes across as down to earth, reasonable, and likable. Being the most articulate candidate in the field, imo, doesn't hurt either. I don't want to oversell it. Truth is I'd never heard of the guy prior to a few months ago, and I usually visit South Bend a few times a year. He makes a really good first impression (and second impression). I think that helps a ton in a crowded field.

Also, and again it's early, as a person unlikely to vote for a Dem candidate this year, Pete is one of the one's I could best live with winning. That's no reason to vote for him of course, just saying he may do very well with people who voted Trump in 2016 who are borderline in 2020.

So? Given his exclusion, and really as "out sight out of mind" as he's been...is Robert Francis out of it?

Back