Media Nigerian Television Station Captures Kamaru Usmans Lagos Homecoming & Throw Shade In The Process

UFCIsNOTRigged

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

TVC News Nigeria captured Kamarus Lagos homecoming. They interview some of the kids and teenagers who have come to see him, which is itself nice to see and I recommend watching it.

The reporters also (perhaps inadvertently) throw a ton of shade at Kamaru in the process.

Some Highlights:
- The video is titled "UFC Champion Kamaru Usman Visits Nigeria After 20 Years"
- The male reporter in the beginning opens his report by saying ".... He (Kamaru) was disappointed to have missed out on representing The United States at the London 2012 Olympic Games"
- The 'Lagos State Sports Commission Chairman' is interviewed and says "This guy is quality, he is humble, he wants to give back which is very important; this is his first visit to Nigeria in decades. So they just came to see what the land is about and all that.... "

They really make a point of making sure the viewer is aware of just how long it has been since Kamaru visited Nigeria.

TVC News Nigeria captured Kamarus Lagos homecoming. They interview some of the kids and teenagers who have come to see him, which is itself nice to see and I recommend watching it.

The reporters also (perhaps inadvertently) throw a ton of shade at Kamaru in the process.

Some Highlights:
- The male reporter in the beginning opens his report by saying ".... He (Kamaru) was disappointed to have missed out on representing The United States at the London 2012 Olympic Games"
- The 'Lagos State Sports Commission Chairman' is interviewed and says "This guy is quality, he is humble, he wants to give back which is very important; this is his first visit to Nigeria in decades. So they just came to see what the land is about and all that.... "

They really make a point of making sure the viewer is aware of just how long it has been since Kamaru visited Nigeria.

damn, petty tv.

I’ve experienced something similar as an immigrant. You’re considered a foreigner in the country you now live in and considered a foreigner (“American cousin” is what I’m referred to as when I go home) in your country of origin. It’s weird, because you’re caught in the middle and don’t really belong.

Some Highlights:
How is this shade?....They are reporting the news, and all of this is true.

You want them to ass kiss Kamaru the whole time? They presented him pretty well.

I’ve experienced something similar as an immigrant. You’re considered a foreigner in the country you now live in and considered a foreigner (“American cousin” is what I’m referred to as when I go home) in your country of origin. It’s weird, because you’re caught in the middle and don’t really belong.

Fucking American cousin coming around again after whatever years with his American bullshit.

The first from Mexico Mexican champ

How is this shade?....They are reporting the news, and all of this is true.

You want them to ass kiss Kamaru the whole time? They presented him pretty well.

It was a nice piece.

But they definitely were having a little fun with it. Every adult featured in the video made sure to remind the viewer it had been "twenty years... decades" since Kamaru had visited.

The male reporter also mentioned the fact he (Kamaru) was disappointed to not represent The United States at the 2012 Olympic Games.

Nigeria while not on the podium normally sends wrestlers to every Olympic Games, male and female, and as a man born in Nigeria he certainly could have chosen to qualify under their flag; the one he has draped over him every time he walks out as "The Nigerian Nightmare" .

The guy is a phony and it was nice to see a reporter emphasize Kamaru wanted to represented The United States; not the country he now "represents" seemingly as an angle to further line his pockets. If "UFC Africa" ever happens Kamaru will be the one who profits not Francis who has 0 title defenses.

Hopefully he does provide some financial resources to help the impoverished in Nigeria, seeing as he is now a very rich man after defending his WW title four times.

They can keep him

Back