Nigel Benn v Sakio Bika....surely a joke?

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
So its rumoured that Benn will make a return to the ring at 55.......against Bika

I do hope this isnt true and someone has just royally fucked up and got the Benns mixed up

23 years after retirement, I love Benn, but this can't go well. However they both live in Sydney in Oz, so presumably know each other to an extent, in fact they were both together raising funds for the Sydney PCYC in July, which is where they probably cooked up this cash grab. I suspect this will be glorified sparring (if it goes ahead).

Last time he fought, i was in kindergarten.

The fuck?

Respect to him though....this dude ko'd Gerald McClellan who was one of the scariest people pretty much ever

Connor Benn posted something about his dad making a comeback on instagram earlier in the week

He’s the fighter that got me in to the sport in a big way. Love him. Won’t be watching this shit though. Both these fellas need to have a serious word with themselves

Last time he fought, i was in kindergarten.

The fuck?

Respect to him though....this dude ko'd Gerald McClellan who was one of the scariest people pretty much ever
Thats why he should know better. Bika obviously kills him if legit. Gotta keep the wolf from the door I guess!

Thats why he should know better. Bika obviously kills him if legit. Gotta keep the wolf from the door I guess!
Former Bika opponent and full time kickboxer/hobbyist boxer John Wayne Parr is fighting Anthony Mundine...who last time out was against Jeff Horn

I guess if you can get a good paycheck.....but it sure makes you look like a jobber

Former Bika opponent and full time kickboxer/hobbyist boxer John Wayne Parr is fighting Anthony Mundine...who last time out was against Jeff Horn

I guess if you can get a good paycheck.....but it sure makes you look like a jobber
I didnt even know Horn fought 12 days ago. Got TKOd by Michael Zerafa

I'm sure this will be the equivalent of a sparring match.

Apparently Roy Jones was offered £500,000 but declined.

Bika might actually kill Benn in there, horrible news.

I thought this idiocy was over when the Benn/Eubank fight got scrapped

Might as well get Jeff Fenech and Azumah Nelson together for one more fight for the co main event

I was such a fan of "The Dark Destroyer" back in the day that I named my only son Nigel Benn when he was born 20 years ago. And, at that point, he'd already been retired for two or three years. Now he's going to come back to fight? It's utter madness. Benn is my age for crying out loud! And, what's even scarier is that he's chosen such a tough guy to come back against. Sure, Bika's been inactive for a couple of years but he's a tough, rugged former world champion, not a sub-.500 journeyman of the sort that Benn should be messing about with at this stage.

I was such a fan of "The Dark Destroyer" back in the day that I named my only son Nigel Benn when he was born 20 years ago. And, at that point, he'd already been retired for two or three years. Now he's going to come back to fight? It's utter madness. Benn is my age for crying out loud! And, what's even scarier is that he's chosen such a tough guy to come back against. Sure, Bika's been inactive for a couple of years but he's a tough, rugged former world champion, not a sub-.500 journeyman of the sort that Benn should be messing about with at this stage.

Massive kudos for naming your son Nigel Benn, my little daughter's middle name was to be Fury had he prevailed against Wilder, sadly the draw meant the middle name became Aurora.

Massive kudos for naming your son Nigel Benn, my little daughter's middle name was to be Fury had he prevailed against Wilder, sadly the draw meant the middle name became Aurora.

Thank you. My first & middle name is Jimmy Ellis which is the same as that of the former WBA heavyweight champion from the late '60s. So, since I shared my name with a champion, I wanted to be sure that my son did as well.

Back