Nicotine

IloveTHIS

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Man, isn't this shit a bitch. The dependence is so fucking annoying. I'm shoving nicotine into me every hour. Waste of money yet I absolutely love it in every form.

Cigarettes, snus, chew, even ecigs. Love the shit but hate that I depend on it

The funny thing is I told myself I was just experimenting with it for fun and would never use it all the time. I actually thought people that get dependent on the shit were mentally weak pussies. 8 years later having never stopped and...I am one.

I personally know two ex-heroin addicts who both told me although they were able to get off the smack, that they could not kick cigarettes and both still smoke!

Smoked for years, on and off. Never understood the idea of nicotine addiction. It's a drug that....literally does nothing. I don't get it, personally.

It isn't the addiction to nicotine. It is the positive association that is giving you a dopamine dump. If you don't use tobacco, your dopamine levels will drop beyond normal.

My addiction to smoking is mental as shit though.

I would hate my breaks and lunch at work if I couldn't smoke. I have programmed myself over 20 years to smoke at break and lunch at work. I wouldn't know what to do with myself, if I quit.

I tell myself I will quit one day, but i think i secretly know that day is when I'm 64, and my doc tells me I have emphysema, and I will die if I don't quit.

Last edited:
Hey buddy...

images

its a filthy habit. took me MONTHS to quit after smoking for just one year.

remember tho that impulse SMOKE only last about 30sec... if you can get past that you be fine.

Man, isn't this shit a bitch. The dependence is so fucking annoying. I'm shoving nicotine into me every hour. Waste of money yet I absolutely love it in every form.

Cigarettes, snus, chew, even ecigs. Love the shit but hate that I depend on it

The funny thing is I told myself I was just experimenting with it for fun and would never use it all the time. I actually thought people that get dependent on the shit were mentally weak pussies. 8 years later having never stopped and...I am one.

unfortunately this isn't true. its like the perfect buzz and lasts a very long time. some other stimulants last very short, smoking gives you rush for like hours.

Lamest drug in existence.
The high/addiction ratio is absurdly not worth it

its a filthy habit. took me MONTHS to quit after smoking for just one year.

remember tho that impulse SMOKE only last about 30sec... if you can get past that you be fine.

That little fun fact is absolute bullshit.

I've tried quitting multiple times, and the urge for a cigarette doesn't even wane until about 3 days in, but still lasts for hours when it comes back.

I have been practising medicine for 20 years now... your just neurotic,.

That little fun fact is absolute bullshit.

I've tried quitting multiple times, and the urge for a cigarette doesn't even wane until about 3 days in, but still lasts for hours when it comes back.

No, I'm just not an idiot who thinks the urge to smoke only lasts 30 seconds. That's fucking nonsense, and anyone who has ever tried quitting will tell you it's nonsense.

unfortunately this isn't true. its like the perfect buzz and lasts a very long time. some other stimulants last very short, smoking gives you rush for like hours.
I'm sure that's why people smoke incessantly like crack addicts. Cigarette break anyone

What type of medicine have you been practicing? I have a hard time believing that a traditionally educated MD doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're".

im a gynecologist actually

What type of medicine have you been practicing? I have a hard time believing that a traditionally educated MD doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're".

I used to have a weakness to smokeless tobacco. I gave it up when my desire to quit was greater than my nicotine addiction. It started when I began to get cavities and part of a front tooth cripped off.

None of that ever happened before I started dipping.

Seriously. You've got a good wholesome username, a veteran start date, a kickass red belt, a real solid post to like ratio when taking your start date into account and you have a badass avatar that probably looked cool as shit and unblurry back in the 2011 screen resolution days.

What I'm saying is you have a lot going for you so knock the nicotine shit off.

You could try this?

A lifelong smoker keen to quit has taken drastic measures to kick the habit - he has locked his head in a cage which prevents him from putting a cigarette in his mouth.

Ibrahim Yücel is so unsure of his own willpower that he entrusts the keys to the bizarre contraption to his family so he is not tempted to release himself.

article-2357784-1AB151DA000005DC-434_634x428.jpg

I've smoked on and off for 6 years. I've stopped for up to a year at a time, and then pick it back up in times of stress. I recently went 7-8 months without it again, moved back to my home state, picked it right back up. Worst part is, I have a grandfather on an oxygen tank because of the shit and I'm still dumb enough to smoke. If I could smoke marijuana instead that'd be great but I can't.

And lol at the urge lasting 30 seconds.