Nicolas Winding Refn Appreciation Page

Only god forgives was soo bad I haven't seen a gosling. Or refn movie

12TZCBBU3tFPY4.gif

Drive's probably my favourite film of this century so far tbh. Shit is unforgettable. Refn fanboy for life, no going back after that

My favorite scene from Drive. It was brutally beautiful. @Zer

I liked his films they are nice to look at like the film belly. they also have good scores. I could never finish Valhalla rising it didn't interest me.

Its probably my least favorite after neon demon and it didnt have anything to do with not understanding it but that it was extremely boring

That's because you don't understand the beauty of Refn's visual storytelling style.

valhalla-rising-wallpaper1.jpg

This guy is like the hipster electronic band of filmmaking. Smoke and mirrors, lacking substance and utterly overrated. People literally love Drive because of the fucking soundtrack. Goselin is horrible in it. His presence as a quiet, humble badass is only worth laughing at.

Valhalla Rising is his only respectable film (and it was indeed quite brilliant).

I liked his films they are nice to look at like the film belly. they also have good scores. I could never finish Valhalla rising it didn't interest me.

VR is my favorite Refn film. Most Sherdoggies didn't like it either.

Just rewatched Drive for the first time, still as beautiful as I remember it being. Started watching Neon Demon but the booze hit me a bit too hard.

Convinced my gf to see Neon Demon when it was in theaters, I left thinking "Wow, that was gorgeous," she left saying "That was the worst film I've ever seen." We're no longer together.

This guy is like the hipster electronic band of filmmaking. Smoke and mirrors, lacking substance and utterly overrated. People literally love Drive because of the fucking soundtrack. Goselin is horrible in it. His presence as a quiet, humble badass is only worth laughing at.

Valhalla Rising is his only respectable film (and it was indeed quite brilliant).

It takes a special person to truly love VR. @CerebralKnievel

zw9xOHzqPcNmo.gif

It takes a special person to truly love VR. @CerebralKnievel

zw9xOHzqPcNmo.gif

The film is really quite masterfully sequenced. Without rambling on and on on my phone, I believe Valhalla Rising manages to tell a story of a man's journey while conveying a metaphorical idea of crossing over in various contexts. The cinematography is striking, and the tones of emotion are cast with truly beautiful cinematic construct. It is overall just s truly evocative film.

Just rewatched Drive for the first time, still as beautiful as I remember it being. Started watching Neon Demon but the booze hit me a bit too hard.

Convinced my gf to see Neon Demon when it was in theaters, I left thinking "Wow, that was gorgeous," she left saying "That was the worst film I've ever seen." We're no longer together.

alessandro-nivola-neon-demon-4.gif

The film is really quite masterfully sequenced. Without rambling on and on on my phone, I believe Valhalla Rising manages to tell a story of a man's journey while conveying a metaphorical idea of crossing over in various contexts. The cinematography is striking, and the tones of emotion are cast with truly beautiful cinematic construct. It is overall just s truly evocative film.

This film is brilliant the way a story is told with minimal dialogue. @Kafir-kun @CerebralKnievel

valhalla-rising-wallpaper1.jpg

This is a really bizarre topic. How do you claim to be a fan of this guy and not even mention the Pusher series? Pusher 2 is one of the best crime movies I've ever seen. Only one person in this whole topic mentioned Pusher.

If you're a fan, seek out his foreign films. My discovery of foreign films has opened up a rabbit hole.

Drive & Bronson are probably his best films.

Neon Demon is beautiful visually and soundtrack is amazing other than that it's a trip of a film.

This is a really bizarre topic. How do you claim to be a fan of this guy and not even mention the Pusher series? Pusher 2 is one of the best crime movies I've ever seen. Only one person in this whole topic mentioned Pusher.

If you're a fan, seek out his foreign films. My discovery of foreign films has opened up a rabbit hole.

Mads was brilliant in both Pusher movies. @Defeat Unknown

tumblr_n2vg0xUmiH1qij8uso1_500.gif

Mads was brilliant in both Pusher movies. @Defeat Unknown

tumblr_n2vg0xUmiH1qij8uso1_500.gif
Yes. Incredible performance. I saw Pusher 2 on Netflix when I was just starting to get into foreign films and I had no idea who he was. Instantly fell in love with him. Blew my mind how good Pusher 2 was and how incredible Mads was in it. He's been one of my favorite actors since seeing it, though I do think it's one of his better roles.

I didn't care so much for Pusher and Pusher 3. They were just ok. Pusher 2 was perfect though.

Didn't care for Bronson either. Obviously Tom Hardy was excellent in it, but the movie itself wasn't interesting.

Back