Nick vs Nate Diaz

Literally half of people currently watching UFC doesn't know whom he koed. This shit is that old.
Sad, I remember this video went viral a few months back on the anniversary and casuals were claiming the fight was rigged because of how Paul Daley was finished and that it hadn’t been stopped after Nick was rocked. It’s crazy that there’s an entire generation of fans that inherently don’t believe in the legitimacy of fighting and don’t have the combat knowledge to know what what intelligently defending looks like or being close to unconscious because of exhaustion.

Thats a stupid question dude.
We are both different fighters, different weight classes. You ask that question is like what like wh.. w like you know?

Good list. Nate def does have underrated trips and throws, props for catching that. I disagree that Nate has better submissions. Nick has the overall better BJJ I think, although they’re both very high level. I do think Nate transitions from one to another better (as he did in the Gomi fight). But Nick has great submissions, and does really sneaky shit like trapping Cyborg Santos’ glove to get the armbar.
Nate is better at cutting guys off when pressuring, whereas Nick tends to follow them. In the Condit fight, Nate pointed out to Nick that Condit was backing up a lot and to “cut him off real good”—but Nick did not seem to be able to even attempt this.
Power punching is equal to me. Watch some of the combos Nick landed on Cyborg or BJ, and you’ll see that he mixes in power punches just as well and often as Nate does.
Nick does better bodywork than Nate. Nick’s shoeshine combo is a thing of beauty, whereas Nate just kind of blasts shots to the body, doesn’t mix them up the way Nick does or have the finesse that Nick does imo.

<mma4>

diaz-daley.gif

Daley has only been finished by strikes twice in 62 fights.. and you're suggesting Nate is the power puncher. lol
1st and only 1 of 2 people to KO Lawler as well.
4Cfy3Rh.gif

diaz-daley.gif

Daley has only been finished by strikes twice in 62 fights.. and you're suggesting Nate is the power puncher. lol

He said he is better in power punches, not having more power or being a better KO artist. I can agree with such statement. Nate tries more power punches, while Nick has always been volume and volume. Nick is more powerful though, that's why he can land more TKOs.

All in all a good list.

Nate has better focus throughout the fight, bits down better and uses pressure more effectively.

Other than that Nick is better at everything, except judo throws.

Boxing, striking in general, grappling and submissions Nick was always at least one level above

The only reason people think Nate is a top fighter is because he looks like his brother who is actually was a top fighter.

Nick is my boy but I had to make this thread. What does Nick do better than Nate and
Vice-versa?

Nick
Combos
Body Shots
Dirty Boxing
Karte Kicks
Pace
TDD
Submission Defense
Chin

Nate
Power Punches
Clinch throws and trips
Knees
Submissions
Sweeps
Get up
Nick is more rounded, has more complex combos , more flexible kicks, and nate has better fundamentals.

nick has more “1-2-3-4” combos
Nate has better “1-2” combos

I think nate is more of a finisher on the ground and seems to actively practice his bjj

Back