Nick vs Nate Diaz

Fedor5723

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Nick is my boy but I had to make this thread. What does Nick do better than Nate and
Vice-versa?

Nick
Combos
Body Shots
Dirty Boxing
Karte Kicks
Pace
TDD
Submission Defense
Chin

Nate
Power Punches
Clinch throws and trips
Knees
Submissions
Sweeps
Get up

Good list. Nate def does have underrated trips and throws, props for catching that. I disagree that Nate has better submissions. Nick has the overall better BJJ I think, although they’re both very high level. I do think Nate transitions from one to another better (as he did in the Gomi fight). But Nick has great submissions, and does really sneaky shit like trapping Cyborg Santos’ glove to get the armbar.
Nate is better at cutting guys off when pressuring, whereas Nick tends to follow them. In the Condit fight, Nate pointed out to Nick that Condit was backing up a lot and to “cut him off real good”—but Nick did not seem to be able to even attempt this.
Power punching is equal to me. Watch some of the combos Nick landed on Cyborg or BJ, and you’ll see that he mixes in power punches just as well and often as Nate does.
Nick does better bodywork than Nate. Nick’s shoeshine combo is a thing of beauty, whereas Nate just kind of blasts shots to the body, doesn’t mix them up the way Nick does or have the finesse that Nick does imo.

Last edited:
Nick is better on the feet in every way. He also has a better chin and more power in his hands. Nate doesn't necessarily have better ground game, but he seems to implement his bjj into his fights more effectively. Overall though, I think Nick is a notch above Nate as a fighter

I'd say their grappling is about the same level. Nick has better cardio, better chin, superior boxing as well as power. Nick is overall the better version of Nate.

Last edited:
Nick is not even a UFC fighter. He had such a long lay-off - it's hard to predict how good he is now.
Photos on instagram doesn't coun and fighting is young man's game. Period.

Two_Goats_1.jpg

You forgot nunchucks! Nick has it in the nunchucks category.

diaz-daley.gif

Daley has only been finished by strikes twice in 62 fights.. and you're suggesting Nate is the power puncher. lol

diaz-daley.gif

Daley has only been finished by strikes twice in 62 fights.. and you're suggesting Nate is the power puncher. lol
Literally half of people currently watching UFC doesn't know whom he koed. This shit is that old.

No way Nate beats Nick in a fight. Nick little brothers him all day.

Back