Nick Saban is Better Coach Than Bill Bellacheck

You think Bella can smoosh recruits' parents with a blush and wink when they're asking why said son isn't starting, or sleeping? Being damn near a politician is beneficial in CFB, it seems.

Parents have access to the head coach to ask these types of questions?

I assumed that there are many gatekeepers put in place to ensure stuff like that doesn't happen.

Parents have access to the head coach to ask these types of questions?

I assumed that there are many gatekeepers put in place to ensure stuff like that doesn't happen.
Maybe so, the tua tagovailoa et family saga was interesting. Bellacheck is NO finesse wizard. The SEC is a bit of a different animal, part CEO, Preacher and Politician are the best qualities for head ball coach...plus having Jimmy Sexton as an agent.

He completely failed in the NFL. Then ran back to college where the competition is easier.

Saban did better in Miami than those who directly preceded and succeeded him. He also was very vocal in lobbying for the franchise to sign Drew Brees and was overruled. I think what Belichick has done in the NFL is more impressive than what Nick has done, so far; however, I think the notion that Saban was a huge failure in the NFL isn't really true.

Saban did better in Miami than those who directly preceded and succeeded him. He also was very vocal in lobbying for the franchise to sign Drew Brees and was overruled. I think what Belichick has done in the NFL is more impressive than what Nick has done, so far; however, I think the notion that Saban was a huge failure in the NFL isn't really true.

Except he's a failure and a quitter.

Saban did better in Miami than those who directly preceded and succeeded him.

Wannstedt had a winning record and made the playoffs in half of his seasons, unlike Saban.

lol Saban has more offensive skill players on his college teams than Bill has on his pro teams.

Not that much of an exaggeration this year
Devonta Smith has more talent than the entire current Patriots receiving corps combined and could have been on an NFL roster 4 years ago.

Meanwhile the Patriots receivers combined for 3 receiving TDs all season, and their top target Jakobi Meyers 4 years ago was literally googling how to play the sport.

Saban is a great recruiter. Belichick is the greatest gridiron football coach the sport has ever seen.

Saban is a good coach, but I could've coached Bama to at least one of those championships.

The defensive talent alone that they crank out, year after year, is absurd.

Really wish we would have seen a prime PC vs Saban or Urban. Difference is that Saban does a way better job at handling the loss of coordinators than Carroll did. By 2009, Carroll seemed checked out.

i would bet everything i own that if they played today, new england would beat alabama by double digits.

He was a ahead of the game , but they wouldn't let him go full bore on what he was trying to do.

Really wish we would have seen a prime PC vs Saban or Urban. Difference is that Saban does a way better job at handling the loss of coordinators than Carroll did. By 2009, Carroll seemed checked out.

Carroll struggled towards the end because all the pending violations he knew were on the way -that effected potential coaching hires to work with him, among other things.

It’s no coincidence he wound up back in the NFL when he did..

I agree tho, prime motivated Florida, USC, Alabama, and late 90’s early 2000’s Miami would be fucking fun as hell.

It’s crazy to think some of those Miami teams might be more talented from top to bottom than some of Sabans Alabama teams.

No chance in Hell, there are levels to this shit and having sustained championship level success at the PRO level is much more difficult then having it at the college level, as Saban proved in his stint in Miami. It's the same thing with players as well because how often do we see players DOMINATE the college level and then either become average level to busts level pro players.

Last edited:
Yeah it's not fucking close.

BB fielded a top defense every year despite regularly letting stars like Law, Seymour, Milloy, Collins, and Flowers walk.

Same on offense. Every year he plugged in stop gap guys like Cory Dillon.

It's an absurd notion just like when someone suggests a top college team can beat a shitty pro team.

Don't forget about LeGarette Blount

No.

Saban wins with a yearly overwhelming talent advantage on just about everyone but a handful of teams.

Bellicheat wins 6 ship as HC in the NFL where there is most parity of any pro sport n dominates for 20 years with most times less skilled players on average than who he is playing.

Bellicheat is goat

Back