Nick Saban is Better Coach Than Bill Bellacheck

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Nick shits all over Bill. Nick is on his way to setting records that will never be broken.

Apples to oranges comparison. The NFL is on a much more even playing field as far as talent. Bama beats 99 percent of college teams with their talent alone. This year they have like 20 of the top 300 recruits in the country in their recruiting class. Bama as a program is just next level it’s top to bottom stacked.

You do know it's way easier to maintain high level play in college when the budgets and school prestige can just BURY other programs right? You have to maintain the high standards but you get your pick of the best players in the country if you're Saban vs say.. Rollo at WSU who has to make do with guys that were rejected by USC and like UW.

Also, put down the crack pipe before you make threads.

Nope, not even close.

I wouldn't even rank him number 2 either. Bill Walsh and Chuck Knoll also produced dynasties in a league with unmatced parity. Even Bama's biggest nuthugger Paul Finebaum brags about the fact there is no parity on college football.

To be perfectly frank, I'd also rank Pete Carrol, Jimmy Johnson, and Barry Switzer above Saban too as they have all produced at both levels, whilst Saban washed out. So at best he's 7th.

Yes, I’m very biased, but for me Saban is the GOAT college coach for his ability to adapt. The Bama teams of today look entirely different from the Bama teams that won him championships a decade ago. Coaches don’t usually do that, especially at the college level. They often ride their systems and philosophies into the ground until they’re no longer producing. It’s happened to every single college dynasty going back decades. Not Bama though. Physical running backs and monstrous defensive players got traded for smaller more agile defenders that don’t gas against a hurry up offense and the 240 lb bruising running backs traded for one that can catch out of the backfield and 4 or 5 WR sets. QBs who can make plays with their legs instead of pure pocket passer game managers. It truly is remarkable.

Yes, I’m very biased, but for me Saban is the GOAT college coach for his ability to adapt. The Bama teams of today look entirely different from the Bama teams that won him championships a decade ago. Coaches don’t usually do that, especially at the college level. They often ride their systems and philosophies into the ground until they’re no longer producing. It’s happened to every single college dynasty going back decades. Not Bama though. Physical running backs and monstrous defensive players got traded for smaller more agile defenders that don’t gas against a hurry up offense and the 240 lb bruising running backs traded for one that can catch out of the backfield and 4 or 5 WR sets. QBs who can make plays with their legs instead of pure pocket passer game managers. It truly is remarkable.
that I know of no one is debating that saban isn't the goat college coach ( he is)
Op said saban is a better coach than coach belichick which he's not.
There`s levels to this college & nfl stuff

Last edited:
that I know of no one is debating that saban is the goat college coach ( he is)
Op said saban is a better coach than coach belichick which he's not.
There`s levels to this college & nfl stuff
Oh yeah that’s apples and oranges. You can’t compare the two. Very different sports despite being the same, if that makes sense.

Seems like Sark had to do a lot with the offense making leaps and bounds.

Seems like Sark had to do a lot with the offense making leaps and bounds.
No doubt this year but this has been an on going process since at least 2015. Sark has just been the best one in a series of similar minded coordinators. Saban is still the one making that hire to change the philosophy.

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2F.image%2FMTY4OTI3ODQyMjgzODI0ODQ4%2Ftom-osborne-1.jpg

Vince Lombardi, Joe Gibbs, Bill Wash, George Halas, even Tom Landry are better than Nick Saban

LOL not even close

Bellacheck lol

LOL not even close

Bellacheck lol
You think Bella can smoosh recruits' parents with a blush and wink when they're asking why said son isn't starting, or sleeping? Being damn near a politician is beneficial in CFB, it seems.

We already know how Nicky does in NFL.

Neither one of them could do the other's job better, different dynamics in play

Back