Nick Montana is an embarrassment to other champions and the sport

Discussion in 'The Lightweights' started by Gambit MMA, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Gambit MMA

Gambit MMA Silver Belt

Not even going to call her by her real name since i'm disgusted.

But anyways, the thing that really disgusts me the most as a fan is that this chick was legitimately a "UFC Champion"

When you're the champ and the challenger HAS BEEN SAYING FOR MONTHS that she doesn't believe you're gonna show up and fight, and that they won't believe the fight is on until they're both in the cage really speaks to how pathetic of a champion this girl was. I think she knew since the fight was booked she was going to pull out last minute.

She waited until 24 hours before the fight, when the UFC had already marketed the fight and marketed her as well, and then she pulls out. I think that was all she wanted to gain from this matchup, and she had no interest in ever stepping in the cage to defend her belt (against Val at least).

At least GDR said publicly she would duck Cyborg and gave up the belt in a few months. This girl sat on it for almost a year and had this fight rebooked a few different times, saying she was injured and just needed more time. And here we are, 228 isnt a stacked card to begin with and she pulls this shit and we lose another title fight.

If I were UFC I wouldn't offer her anything else but a fight with Val, and if she won't take her ass kicking and move on keep her on the prelims for a long time and pay her pennies. This is the stuff that really sets me off as a fan. More and more "Champions" are getting the belt and then they want to duck the legit top contenders and want easy fights. Thats not how this sport was built and they need to get those people in line and really bring the hammer down on champs being nit picky with the matchmaking.

2. Vulcan

Vulcan Red Belt

lol u wrote all that

MessiJAH, 13 others, Nabs and 18 others like this.
  3. Arm Barbarian

Arm Barbarian Titanium Belt Platinum Member

It's a joke, right up there with McNeverDefend.

In B4 crying & White-Knighting.:cool:

4. Alpha_T83

Alpha_T83 Brown Belt

Some of us can type extremely quickly. I can type something like that in 3-4 minutes.

Anyway, he's right. She's an absolute embarrassment. She won a paper championship, placeholder title... she was expected to defend it and she never did. And she missed weight on top of that.

She's unprofessional and doesn't deserve to be called a UFC champion.

5. flowoftruth

flowoftruth Purple Belt

It was master chess move tbh i aint even mad

6. Mob69

Mob69 Black Belt

This.

Montana couldn't make the weight and would have lost the title that way if she actually stepped on the scale. The belt would have been vacant. The UFC was absolutely right to declare the title vacant, and move on.

Nobody in their right mind believed Montana was the best 125lbs fighter on earth - I don't think she's even top five. This has been another embarrassment, just like the 145lbs division with Germaine.

Track Jipper and FWRGeorgie like this.
  7. Gambit MMA

Gambit MMA Silver Belt

also,

funny how ariel ended up being right after all this time. nick responded and said he didnt know wtf he was talking about, and that "everyone and their grandma" knows about her medical issues (not the case, because nobody knows who she is). just funny all this time goes by and ariel ended up being correct, and i think he had a hunch just like many of us did that she was not gonna fight val no matter what. i got a shook and nervous vibe from that post she put on IG, like she knew ariel was right and she lashed out like a child.

we have guys like max, dc, tj, whittaker etc. who put on great fights and will fight the top challengers, and then we have this chick whos so shook she'll pee herself at the thought of having to face a tough opponent. how was she a champion in the premier MMA org in the world?

8. Daniel4802

Daniel4802 Brown Belt

Dana said she wasn't even close to making weight. She likely didn't diet much and pulled a Dern.

The XL, Mr.Maelstrom, steny and 2 others like this.
  9. Calipwnia

Calipwnia Brown Belt Platinum Member

She should have said she has colitis

mortal and Mr.Maelstrom like this.
  10. Gambit MMA

Gambit MMA Silver Belt

wasnt even aware she missed weight. i woke to this and was happy and sad at the same time. i was looking forward to val beating her up, and but im glad she got stripped.

so she didnt weigh in as far as i know? did they just take her weight at another time and find out she was above weight?

Mr.Maelstrom likes this.
  11. StrangerToGod

StrangerToGod Purple Belt

I had no clue who she was until the press conference

12. Gambit MMA

Gambit MMA Silver Belt

yeah i didnt even know that. that tells u right there she wasn't serious about this fight.

13. Jon's Drug Dealer

Jon's Drug Dealer Brown Belt

B-but she's the greatest Women's Flyweight Champion in UFC history!

Mr.Maelstrom and FWRGeorgie like this.
  14. Cam Zink

Cam Zink Disorderly Conduct

lol @ wmma

Njmma209 likes this.
  15. ortizgnp

ortizgnp Original Vince Belt

[​IMG]

Take notes

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  16. Omega Man

Omega Man Black Belt

Dana should fire her ass.

17. kuka45

kuka45 Brown Belt

undisputed champion of UFC 125 lbs division, whining won't change facts
    same with GDR, you can stripp her but she is still lineal and undisputed 145 lbs champion

18. chukutee

chukutee Genetic Freak

She had a 3-2 record when she got the "title shot" against Modaferri. Of course she's was going to be sub-par, it's UFCs fault for picking someone so inexperienced and underqualified. Of course they did it on purpose - they wanted her to get slaughtered to hype Valentina, so they reap what they sow.

ShadySpektor and JonKunDo like this.
  19. Cheapshart

Cheapshart A farce to be reckoned with.

"...and now everyone thinks I'm a coward and you've stripped me of my belt. Check and mate, Mr. White :cool:"

<mma4>

Jack Hawk and Mr.Maelstrom like this.
  20. 2arctanx

2arctanx Banned Banned

should have been stripped long ago when she wanted to fight a 2-2 fighter for her first defense.
    i hope she gets kicked out of the ufc.

Gambit MMA likes this.