Nick isnt a draw

I think you're misspelling "I'm not a fan of Nick".

Agreed, he isn't a draw. neither is nate. that said, they are good to watch, just not superstars like connor or bisping.
ahahaha what the actual fuck? Bisping? Superstar? Are you blitzed out of your skull?

There's a lot of support going on here for Woodley wanting a money fight vs Nick Diaz, yet the 2 cards where Nick was the drawing power only pulled in 400k buys vs Condit, and less than 300k vs Penn.

Theres no point to take into account his fight vs GSP or AS as an indication of his drawing power, just like you wouldn't take Mendes vs Conor as an indication of Mendes' drawing strength.

Lets also not forget that during the GSP fight, Diaz was a relevant top 5 WW when they pulled in 925k buys which wasnt a lot more then what GSP would normally pull in. When Diaz came back to face AS(who had his return fight from an injury) the card only pulled in between 600-700k, which is a normal AS card.

Already by the AS fight Nick Diaz small drawing power already vanished, but now after another unimpressive performance and a 2 year ban and without a win in 5 years, he's some how a huge draw that warrents ducking the #1 contender.

Its BS and the worst case of ducking from a champion since Tito and Chuck

Chuck lost to Jeremy Horn, who lost to Elvis Sinosic, who lost to Tito Ortiz. Tito later fought Chuck twice. Tito ducking Chuck is a myth. To your point, aside from GSP, which welterweight mainstay is a bigger draw than Nick Diaz?

I find it quite bizarre that Sherdoggers think their opinions are the same to the rest of the MMA community.

Yeah, but you aren't paying for it.

Diaz fans are high school kids and high school dropouts. They don't buy PPVs, they pirate them.

There is no extra revenue for the UFC from a Diaz fight.

They can't afford to buy pot and PPV's both.

Yeah, but you aren't paying for it.

Diaz fans are high school kids and high school dropouts. They don't buy PPVs, they pirate them.

There is no extra revenue for the UFC from a Diaz fight.
Of those assumptions you made only one is correct. I am indeed not paying for the event, since it's showing for free on TV in the Netherlands.

TS

what are the numbers for gsp?

you say he made 925K ppvs with nick

how much did he make in his other title defenses?

Thanks

TS

what are the numbers for gsp?

you say he made 925K ppvs with nick

how much did he make in his other title defenses?

Thanks

920,000 vs BJ Penn 2
800,000 vs Koscheck 2
770,000 vs Dan Hardy
800,000 vs Shields
700,000 vs Condit
630,000 vs Hendricks

Last edited:
Nick definitely enhances PPV numbers, only Brock, GSP, Ronda, and Connor consistently get over 500k PPV buys. Nick's not going to get huge PPV numbers carrying the card, but he's good for a 200-300K boost to a decent card.

He is only a draw if it is against Georges St-Pierre or Anderson Silva. His fights with Penn (280,00 buys and Condit (400,000) didn't draw big or anything

800,000 vs Koscheck 2
770,000 vs Dan Hardy
800,000 vs Shields
700,000 vs Condit
630,000 vs Hendricks

You have to factor in the undercard as well. For GSP/Diaz I believe the initial card had Condit/MacDonald scheduled, and Hendricks stepped in after Rory got hurt.

It also had Ellenberger/Marquardt.

That's a big show for the top WWs of the time.

Who is a draw right now other than Conor then? ......... if not Nick? I wpuld say he is pretty much on par,with guys like Lawler right now. There's a big drop off from Conor and Rousey as far as draw power and the group is big .. I think Nick is in that group

I like Nick but even I realize his best days are in the rear view, that's why I was a tad confused as to why Woodley would call him out for a fight, I was like "Say What"...?

thx

so nick was gsp´s biggest ppv?

Yes, by 30,000 buys.

2nd would be vs BJ Penn at UFC 94 which sold 920,000.

I didn't count UFC 100 because he didn't headline that event.

Yes, by 30,000 buys.

Thx for the imput

so nick is a draw then?

Nick's name is hot right now, partly because he fought Silva and GSP and people bought into him as a bigger deal than he is because of that, and partly because Nate is white hot at the moment.

Yes, by 30,000 buys.

Basically says Diaz draws about as much as BJ Penn at the time. I'd say that's as good as anyone outside of thr UFC's all time mega drawing fighters.

Back