Nick isnt a draw

Casual will tune in to see the older brother of the guy that beated Conor...

No they wont, Nicks big pay days never translated well for Nate who was stuck at 40k/40k until Conor.

I agree with the TS, BUT I feel like after the McGregor/Diaz fights, the name "Diaz" is more of a draw. I can't tell you how many people out there think that Nick and Nate are the same person.

Put Nick in there against anyone, and you'll see a whole load of fans out there excited to watch "the guy who choked out Conor".

Except Diaz's most notable fights are lop sided losses, the guy is 0 - 5 in his last 5 fights, and hasnt fought in years.

I just cant see Woodley vs Nick being a huge PPV, or even a big PPV, and expect the same numbers as Woodley vs Thompson, who is on a 7 fight win streak, and has an awesome high light reel tko of hendricks and an awesome win over Rory.

Wonderboy has awesome PR potential, where as with Nick all you have is him swearing in the octagon at his opponent and laying down during the round vs AS

idk how big of a draw but im tuning in to any Diaz fights

I bet everybody else tune in too

The only person who said Nick was a draw was Woodley, and that was so he could duck Wonderboy.

He;s in the top 10. You cant compare the 3-4 megastars and say he's "not a draw" compared to the 600 fighters on the roster he's a huge draw.

Way more draw than wonderboy and more important way less threat since Tyrun knows he'd take Diaz down and hold him all boring fight and keep his undeserved belt.

I found it odd the threw is name out there. There's no demand for that match-up.

idk how big of a draw but im tuning in to any Diaz fights

I bet everybody else tune in too
Another good point, Diaz vs Woodley does no extra revenue then Diaz vs not Woodley, where's the appeal to give Diaz an underserved title shot.

I'd pay more to see Diaz vs Lawler, R.Mac, or even Thompson then i would to see Woodley.

Bigger draw than Woodley so it would still help him, but you're right. Nate is nothing without Conor as well.

Idk why Rogan pushes the idea of them being mega draws.

He;s in the top 10. You cant compare the 3-4 megastars and say he's "not a draw" compared to the 600 fighters on the roster he's a huge draw.

Way more draw than wonderboy and more important way less threat since Tyrun knows he'd take Diaz down and hold him all boring fight and keep his undeserved belt.

What are you basing this off of?? Diaz in the prime of his career was a 250k-400k draw, now its 4 years and 4 losses later, why would we think he can still pull the same half decent numbers??

I swear to god Sherdog these days are being flooded by casuals who migrated from WWE that only heard of Ronda, Conor, Sage etc.

Apparently fighting ability is no longer a factor here on Sherdog, it's about who has bigger muscles, who has more money and who is a bigger draw.

Diaz bros are fucking warriors, they have true fans. Not these fickle Conor kids.

Nick WAS a draw. However after not having a win in ages and not even fighting for a while, his drawing ability has to have diminished a lot.
Casual will tune in to see the older brother of the guy that beated Conor...
This did occur to me, that Nate becoming a star has made Nick more relevant. But, I doubt the effect is huge.

May have been posted already but whatever... You're right, ts.

137 vs Penn did 280K

143 vs Condit did 400K

People are getting annoying with this guy's a draw and that guys a draw

fuck

He entertains and has solid fans

Being a "draw" is not a fucking stat like reach and take downs and subs and etc etc

thank u

Except Diaz's most notable fights are lop sided losses, the guy is 0 - 5 in his last 5 fights, and hasnt fought in years.

I just cant see Woodley vs Nick being a huge PPV, or even a big PPV, and expect the same numbers as Woodley vs Thompson, who is on a 7 fight win streak, and has an awesome high light reel tko of hendricks and an awesome win over Rory.

Wonderboy has awesome PR potential, where as with Nick all you have is him swearing in the octagon at his opponent and laying down during the round vs AS
0-5 in his last five fight...?
What are you basing this off of?? Diaz in the prime of his career was a 250k-400k draw, now its 4 years and 4 losses later, why would we think he can still pull the same half decent numbers??
4 losses later...?

Is it so hard to remember Nick's record? He lost Condit, GSP and Anderson. That's three losses Sherbros! Not five, not four. Also the Anderson fight was a NC.

Name all of the fighters that are bigger draws than Nick, then average that out with how many fighters are on the roster, then you'll see whether he's a draw or not from a business stand point.

0-5 in his last five fight...?

4 losses later...?

Is it so hard to remember Nick's record? He lost Condit, GSP and Anderson. That's three losses Sherbros! Not five, not four. Also the Anderson fight was a NC.
Also, he beat Carlos ;)

First off legacy customers- A lot of people like remember and will tune into nick diaz
Second new shine off his brothers name.
Third it would be championship fight which automatically garners interest.
300K minimum IMO

I don't even like that Tyrun is ducking infact I started that if you search "tyrun" by date I coined it. I think Tyrun should fight WB. But facts are facts and Nick Diaz draws way more than 40K twitter followers WB. He is a top 3 draw in the division after GSP who is retired and probably before lawler.

Whenever either Diaz is fighting, I'm watching that shit!

Yeah, but you aren't paying for it.

Diaz fans are high school kids and high school dropouts. They don't buy PPVs, they pirate them.

There is no extra revenue for the UFC from a Diaz fight.

Back