Nick isnt a draw

JoshR86

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
There's a lot of support going on here for Woodley wanting a money fight vs Nick Diaz, yet the 2 cards where Nick was the drawing power only pulled in 400k buys vs Condit, and less than 300k vs Penn.

Theres no point to take into account his fight vs GSP or AS as an indication of his drawing power, just like you wouldn't take Mendes vs Conor as an indication of Mendes' drawing strength.

Lets also not forget that during the GSP fight, Diaz was a relevant top 5 WW when they pulled in 925k buys which wasnt a lot more then what GSP would normally pull in. When Diaz came back to face AS(who had his return fight from an injury) the card only pulled in between 600-700k, which is a normal AS card.

Already by the AS fight Nick Diaz small drawing power already vanished, but now after another unimpressive performance and a 2 year ban and without a win in 5 years, he's some how a huge draw that warrents ducking the #1 contender.

Its BS and the worst case of ducking from a champion since Tito and Chuck

I don't rate nick at all I don't think he can beat many in the top 15. However, I do think he'd tune Woodley up over a five round fight. But that's based on my opinion Woodley can't go five rounds.

There's a lot of support going on here for Woodley wanting a money fight vs Nick Diaz, yet the 2 cards where Nick was the drawing power only pulled in 400k buys vs Condit, and less than 300k vs Penn.

Theres no point to take into account his fight vs GSP or AS as an indication of his drawing power, just like you wouldn't take Mendes vs Conor as an indication of Mendes' drawing strength.

Lets also not forget that during the GSP fight, Diaz was a relevant top 5 WW when they pulled in 925k buys which wasnt a lot more then what GSP would normally pull in. When Diaz came back to face AS(who had his return fight from an injury) the card only pulled in between 600-700k, which is a normal AS card.

Already by the AS fight Nick Diaz small drawing power already vanished, but now after another unimpressive performance and a 2 year ban and without a win in 5 years, he's some how a huge draw that warrents ducking the #1 contender.

UFC 199 had two champions on the card and barely did better than Nick vs Penn ( a non title fight ) . The UFC put up with Nick. Not because they love him. But because they consider him a draw. And they have all the figures.

People are getting annoying with this guy's a draw and that guys a draw

fuck

He entertains and has solid fans

Being a "draw" is not a fucking stat like reach and take downs and subs and etc etc

Casual will tune in to see the older brother of the guy that beated Conor...

Apart from Conor, Ronda, Anderson, Jones and Brock, he's the only draw in the roster

Anderson only drew against guys who had drawing power themselves: Weidman, Sonnen, and Vitor.

Against Bonnar he did 400k, Okami 335k.

Diaz is definitely up there with the first group.

Nick is able to give a slight boost, but is not himself a draw. Silva was not a draw either until Sonnen.

I've been saying this for a while. Nick will draw in fans, that's a fact, but he's not a draw like GSP was, where you could put him on a card shadowboxing and still probably do 500k, easy. I doubt there's enough heat between him and Woodley, or enough interest in the fight, to turn it into a big money fight for Woodley. Diaz would get paid because it's the only way you get him to the cage. Woodley? Maybe not so much.

Anderson only drew against guys who had drawing power themselves: Weidman, Sonnen, and Vitor.

Against Bonnar he did 400k, Okami 335k.

Diaz is definitely up there with the first group.

How was Weidman was a draw in there first fight??? No casuals knew who he was and most of sherdog gave him 0 chance of winning, he wasnt a draw and wouldnt be able to carry a ppv without AS at the time.

We're also pretending that Nick is a relevant fighter like he was when he challenged GSP for the title, which he's not. The only appeal he has right now is he shares the same initials as his brother, and the best way to market it is to make the casuals think Nick is Nate after this coming saturday

TS - you are correct. Despite Nick not being a huge draw himself, he is 10X the draw of Woodley.

Agreed, he isn't a draw. neither is nate. that said, they are good to watch, just not superstars like connor or bisping.

He could maybe draw 400,000 ppv buys. Maybe. No way in hell is that a break the UFC bank money fight. Might draw a few more than Wonderboy. Its just lower risk for around the same reward.

I agree with the TS, BUT I feel like after the McGregor/Diaz fights, the name "Diaz" is more of a draw. I can't tell you how many people out there think that Nick and Nate are the same person.

Put Nick in there against anyone, and you'll see a whole load of fans out there excited to watch "the guy who choked out Conor".

Back