Nick Foles vs. Carson Wentz

Who'll be the starting QB in Philly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do people really believe that Drew Bledsoe was a can?

Bledsoe ranks fifth all-time in completions (3,839), seventh in passing yards (44,611), and 13th in touchdown passes (251).
No just people who didn't watch football at all. Same with Greise. They were just on opposite ends of great QB's and easy to say "that guy sucked", Bledsoe used to fucking sling that ball around and props to Belechick for being brave enough to stick with Brady because honestly i can't say most coaches would have.

You aren't going to go wrong either way. Wentz had an amazing year and would have been MVP if he was healthy. He probably has more upside than any player in the NFL today.

I just know that more often than not, QBs come back sooner than necessary and take longer than expected to get back to prime form. With Foles in the lineup, they don't need to rush Wentz back.

However, if Wentz is really going to be ready to play and Foles is going to fetch a high first round draft pick or more, then it shouldn't hurt them to cash in on that. For the record, though it was reported in the preseason, I don't think it was ever confirmed that anyone really was offering a 1st rounder for Garoppolo.

For the Eagles, its all gravy. I don't think it would be a mistake to keep Foles or trade him as long as they are making their decisions from a position of power and not panicking about dealing him from fear of a QB controversy.

They are going to hold onto both, it might be a good idea to wait for a QB to go down on a contender and then dangle Nick in their face. No pun intended.

You aren't going to go wrong either way. Wentz had an amazing year and would have been MVP if he was healthy. He probably has more upside than any player in the NFL today.

I just know that more often than not, QBs come back sooner than necessary and take longer than expected to get back to prime form. With Foles in the lineup, they don't need to rush Wentz back.

However, if Wentz is really going to be ready to play and Foles is going to fetch a high first round draft pick or more, then it shouldn't hurt them to cash in on that. For the record, though it was reported in the preseason, I don't think it was ever confirmed that anyone really was offering a 1st rounder for Garoppolo.

For the Eagles, its all gravy. I don't think it would be a mistake to keep Foles or trade him as long as they are making their decisions from a position of power and not panicking about dealing him from fear of a QB controversy.
I'd hate to see Wentz have an RGKnee situation rushing back. For a few teams, a qb may be the only thing they need to have a real shot, so I'm thinking his experience would look good to teams like that (Broncos, Jags, Vikings - especially with Defilippo there, Bills to some extent).
I could see them getting a good offer for him. All things considered, I think right is right, and in this case a guy like Nick has been through enough (because of the Eagles)and done enough for the Eagles that they should talk to him about what he wants to do. In an alternate timeline, he probably stays the starter and wins it all at some point if the Chimp roster gutting drama doesn't happen (although maybe Kelly doesn't get fired as quickly).
He seems really humble and not greedy, and loves the franchise. For him, I think it's really hard for him to lose.

He can stay and help out next year for part of the season and move, stay the whole season for another possible ring, and see what's up with the team, or get a big contract after his contract is up next year.

I just hope he gets to choose. And I hope he doesn't end up on a shitty team like the Browns. I don't think it truly hurts them to give him the choice, because it's really house money. He wasn't expected to make a big splash and garner a bunch of offers; although it would be an opportunity cost.

Also Wentz could just as easily go down with a new injury as a re-injury next year, for all we know.

I think they'll likely be wise and avoid acting out of fear of controversy. Good thing is having one more year on the contract, so there's time to think.

As an aside, one thing that's interesting to look forward to with Carson, if healthy, is I can see his presence on the field keeping the team hungry as he hasn't gone all the way yet and wants to make it as the active starter in the big games.

This is a really tough call. Do you bring Foles back for one more year to rest Wentz and potentially make another BDN run, or do you trade Foles for a bunch of high draft picks and load up on talent.

The eagles have some salary issues coming up, getting high draft picks sure is appealing.

Tough call.

I will go with Foles. Why? He is a pocket guy, so less probability of injury. Plus, he has proven he can play the "do or die" games.

The QB is the most overrated position in all team sports. As long as the QB doesn't turn over the ball, and can throw a decent pass when it counts the most, the team should be okay. If not, then the team just sucks. LOL

Noodle arm Peyton Manning, Nick Foles, Trent Dilfer and sure a few more, have shown that subpar QBs can win the big games, if surrounded by the right team.

Who'll become the starting Quarterback for the Eagles this fall? Will this become a QB controversy?

Nick Foles or Carson Wentz?

Some NFL team with no quarterback will give Philadelphia the kitchen sink for Nick Foles.

It's going to get real interesting if Wentz doesn't come back untill the middle of next season (ACL,LCL) and the Eagles are like 7-1 with Foles playing lights out. Or if Wentz rushes back from injury because he feels the pressure of losing his job and looks like RG3. These are the only ways I think Foles stays in Philly.

No just people who didn't watch football at all. Same with Greise. They were just on opposite ends of great QB's and easy to say "that guy sucked", Bledsoe used to fucking sling that ball around and props to Belechick for being brave enough to stick with Brady because honestly i can't say most coaches would have.

If you would have watched Bledsoe play nearly every minute of every game like I did, you wouldn't maybe say he sucked, but you would immediately know that Brady is better... even as a rookie. Bledsoe was a stud his first couple of seasons and then actually regressed in his decision making over time. He was making stupid after throw a lot his last couple of years in NE.

It's going to get real interesting if Wentz doesn't come back untill the middle of next season (ACL,LCL) and the Eagles are like 7-1 with Foles playing lights out. Or if Wentz rushes back from injury because he feels the pressure of losing his job and looks like RG3. These are the only ways I think Foles stays in Philly.

That would suck if he got RGKnee'd. I didn't even think about that scenario. Gonna be a lot of pressure on Wentz to pick up where he left off before getting injured and bring home a second Lombardi to Philly next season.

Some NFL team with no quarterback will give Philadelphia the kitchen sink for Nick Foles.

Foles is ready to play for another team if he's traded. The rookie QB's getting drafted won't be ready to play this coming season. @fonzob1

Anyone who voted for Foles is absolutely retarded

They are going to hold onto both, it might be a good idea to wait for a QB to go down on a contender and then dangle Nick in their face. No pun intended.

Especially since Wentz will probably miss a couple of early games. When Wentz gets back on the field and they become comfortable that he is healed I would make Foles available as well. Probably get a 2nd in trade to the right team.

Then for sure there'll be a QB controversy. @Krixes

Then for sure there'll be a QB controversy. @Krixes

Yeah, I really hope Wentz comes back looking better then ever. I think he's the best young QB in the league if healthy.

Overpay Foles. QBs are hard to come by and he might take a reasonable long term deal if he isn't confident that he is "the man". Wentz might be done or never the same or maybe not even better than Foles. It is really easy to get stuck in limbo if you don't have good quarterback so why not try to keep both if you can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back