Nick Foles vs. Carson Wentz

Who'll be the starting QB in Philly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think there's even a question. You have Wentz as your starter and trade Foles and get a ton back for him. It's probably their only move.

Bingo. You have a good 5 teams who would love to have Foles right now. Dump him while you can get something for him.

Carson easily, but I think Foles made some throws that Wentz would have missed.

Carson but as other said Foles hung in there and made throws Wentz probably couldn't have. I think on some of those deep routes Wentz tucks and runs instead of stepping up for a throw.

They will take the chance with Wentz...he carried the team for as long as he can too. I'm not sure how Wentz will perform on the same pressure as last night with Foles but Eagles will take their chances with him. I think Foles will be ok with the trade and get some nice hefty contract for himself. And still be a Philly hero no matter what jersey he wears next season.

Nick Foles just earned himself a starting job....

.... on another team.

Maybe back to Arizona where he played his college days.?

th

Wasn't Drew old as fuck by then though?
He was 29 that year, and was a Pro Bowl QB the year after. He was still in his prime, Belichick just knew Brady was better.

He was 29 that year, and was a Pro Bowl QB the year after. He was still in his prime, Belichick just knew Brady was better.

Bledsoe had so many stupid throws, I still had his throwing hangover when Brady stepped in as well. Whenever Brady would throw deep his first couple years it was always an instinctive "No!" I let out and then realized Brady was throwing to wide open receivers unlike Bledsoe. Like I said, it took a couple of years to retrain me.

Bledsoe had so many stupid throws, I still had his throwing hangover when Brady stepped in as well. Whenever Brady would throw deep his first couple years it was always an instinctive "No!" I let out and then realized Brady was throwing to wide open receivers unlike Bledsoe. Like I said, it took a couple of years to retrain me.
Bledsoe was a franchise QB for his era, 3x Pro Bowler with the Pats, he took them to the playoffs 4x in the 90s in 6 years, including once to the Super Bowl, he helped revitalize the team. But Brady is an all-time great and unlike Bledsoe who was a #1 pick, they lucked into him. I credit Belichick for having the eyes to see what he had in his hands, and the balls to let go of a franchise QB, he even traded him within the division. However, I think Belichick's ego is out of control these days and Brady deserves more credit overall, especially lately. Belichick got out-coached by Pedersen and benching Butler was beyond retarded. He's also let go of so many good/great players lately who could have helped them win, like Chandler Jones. No pressure from the D-line and no ball hawks in the secondary, there goes the game right there.

Bledsoe was a franchise QB for his era, 3x Pro Bowler with the Pats, he took them to the playoffs 4x in the 90s in 6 years, including once to the Super Bowl, he helped revitalize the team. But Brady is an all-time great and unlike Bledsoe who was a #1 pick, they lucked into him. I credit Belichick for having the eyes to see what he had in his hands, and the balls to let go of a franchise QB, he even traded him within the division. However, I think Belichick's ego is out of control these days and Brady deserves more credit overall, especially lately. Belichick got out-coached by Pedersen and benching Butler was beyond retarded. He's also let go of so many good/great players lately who could have helped them win, like Chandler Jones. No pressure from the D-line and no ball hawks in the secondary, there goes the game right there.
I don't get why they didn't offer Long another contract and go after Barwin in the last offseason.

Also wonder what happens to Harrison now if he retires for good or not.

I don't get why they didn't offer Long another contract and go after Barwin in the last offseason.

Also wonder what happens to Harrison now if he retires for good or not.
I think Harrison comes back. Amazingly, he's the best pass rusher they have right now, and I think he still wants to play and wants to win another chip. NE can offer him a lot of snaps and the best chance to win. Letting Long go was a mistake. Even the excuse for why he left doesn't make sense, because I believe that he actually played more snaps with NE than with Philly, and he would have got a lot more snaps with the suspect NE D-line this past year than with a Philly D-line which is stacked with studs. But congrats to him and Blount, they got paid and won two Super Bowls in a row with two different teams. Those are two more Belichick mistakes that came back to haunt him. I recognize his historical greatness, but I honestly think his ego is out of check and he's arguably overrated or quickly on his way to being so.

I think Harrison comes back. Amazingly, he's the best pass rusher they have right now, and I think he still wants to play and wants to win another chip. NE can offer him a lot of snaps and the best chance to win. Letting Long go was a mistake. Even the excuse for why he left doesn't make sense, because I believe that he actually played more snaps with NE than with Philly, and he would have got a lot more snaps with the suspect NE D-line this past year than with a Philly D-line which is stacked with studs. But congrats to him and Blount, they got paid and won two Super Bowls in a row with two different teams. Those are two more Belichick mistakes that came back to haunt him. I recognize his historical greatness, but I honestly think his ego is out of check and he's arguably overrated or quickly on his way to being so.
If Belicheck is overrated there is literally not a great coach in the entire world.

If Belicheck is overrated there is literally not a great coach in the entire world.
It's weird because it's almost like he's underrated and overrated at the same time. There have been so many times where he deserved to be coach of the year but they gave it to guys like Rivera. His greatness was just such an old story that it wasn't being officially recognized. But at the same time, he's been making a lot of mistakes lately. Mostly due to his ego and thinking he can win his way no matter what.

Getting rid of Chandler Jones was a mistake. Trading Brissett for a bust wide receiver was a mistake. Getting rid of Blount, Long, benching Butler, etc. They got to the 'Bowl because of Brady and they only had a realistic shot at winning because of Brady. Losing by 8 points even when your QB puts up 505 yards and 33 points is like some Pittsburgh Steelers shit. Belichick will never be as bad as Tomlin, but he really needs to keep his ego in check. That ESPN story has Belichick written all over it too. It's almost like he just doesn't give a fuck anymore and is dead set on doing things his way no matter what. The guys in the locker room have to be pissed, and I don't blame them. Butler and Rowe not finding out until right before the national anthem is unforgivable.

There is zero controversy, while Foles is the feel great story of the year, Wentz is their QB. Maybe Foles will get another chance to start for a QB needy team that has talent at other positions like the Broncos, if they don't scoop up Cousins first.

It's weird because it's almost like he's underrated and overrated at the same time. There have been so many times where he deserved to be coach of the year but they gave it to guys like Rivera. His greatness was just such an old story that it wasn't being officially recognized. But at the same time, he's been making a lot of mistakes lately. Mostly due to his ego and thinking he can win his way no matter what.

Getting rid of Chandler Jones was a mistake. Trading Brissett for a bust wide receiver was a mistake. Getting rid of Blount, Long, benching Butler, etc. They got to the 'Bowl because of Brady and they only had a realistic shot at winning because of Brady. Losing by 8 points even when your QB puts up 505 yards and 33 points is like some Pittsburgh Steelers shit. Belichick will never be as bad as Tomlin, but he really needs to keep his ego in check. That ESPN story has Belichick written all over it too. It's almost like he just doesn't give a fuck anymore and is dead set on doing things his way no matter what. The guys in the locker room have to be pissed, and I don't blame them. Butler and Rowe not finding out until right before the national anthem is unforgivable.
Maybe youre just really underrating how hard it is to win Super Bowls at all, let alone consistently like he has done?

Maybe youre just really underrating how hard it is to win Super Bowls at all, let alone consistently like he has done?
Well, you've got all these people saying that Belichick deserves more credit than Brady. You've even got idiots who claim Brady is a system QB. I give Belichick his due as a historically great coach. He's probably the greatest coach of all time just based off of what he's done already. But I see him fucking up a lot lately. I see Brady still going strong. Belichick himself says that it's a players' league and they're really the ones who win these games, not the coaches. On that note, I give Brady more credit than Belichick for their run, and if anything, Brady carried Belichick this season, especially in the Super bowl.

Belichick seems like he's actually in danger of losing the locker room more than he ever has. Their defensive captain Hightower "liked" a social media post by former Patriot Browner about how Belichick lost them the game by benching Butler at the last minute before the big game. You've got Butler bawling like a baby during the national anthem and two of his teammates holding him while looking despondent themselves. And Rowe says he didn't find out he would be replacing Butler until right before the national anthem as well. Belichick was always able to get away with being surly and dismissive of players because they bought into the system and that everything was always done with winning in mind. But their complete faith in that and in him seems to be cracking. And I don't blame them. He tried to make an example out of Butler and it backfired on him badly. He should have known better going up against a powerful offense with 3 receiver sets and then you've got mismatched safeties on them instead of your best coverage guy.

No doubt but I guess people would like to see what he would do without Brady.

Parcells is still GOAT in my mind. 2 SBs, took the Patsies to the SB, and the fucking Jets (!!) to two conference championship games with Mark Sanchez as QB. Even his stint in Dallas was successful with Jerry jones as owner and first time starter Tony Romo.

Who'll become the starting Quarterback for the Eagles this fall? Will this become a QB controversy?

Nick Foles or Carson Wentz?

Foles all the way baby. Ride the train until it derails!!

No doubt but I guess people would like to see what he would do without Brady.

Parcells is still GOAT in my mind. 2 SBs, took the Patsies to the SB, and the fucking Jets (!!) to two conference championship games with Mark Sanchez as QB. Even his stint in Dallas was successful with Jerry jones as owner and first time starter Tony Romo.
That's the thing. I always thought bill tom and team are pieces are made for championships. You can move a few pieces and no doubt they will still find they're way to the big stage. Eagles fought hard and almost a flawless game. Any other team gets smoked by the Eagles that night.

Back