Nick Foles vs. Carson Wentz

Who'll be the starting QB in Philly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
everyone keeps saying wentz is the future and foles is older etc .. foles isn't that old .. he's only 4 yrs older .. and wentz age doesn't guarantee them anything ..

but what we do know now is that foles can be elite when it counts and he can beat the very best on the biggest stage ..

no one knows how good wentz will be or if he'll be able to lead them to a title the way foles did .. he's never done it .. we don't know what kind of playoff qb he will be .. regular season =/= playoffs .. foles looked exceptional in the post season .. his sb was incredible .. guy never looked fazed one bit and looked like a poised veteran out there in front of 100+ million crowd .. not easy to pull off .. I don't think it should be that clear cut but I suppose it will be wentz ... I would make them compete for the job in camp .. foles has earned as much .. I wish foles much success .. he can surely ball

Outside of Philly, he's only played 14 games and 11 of those (mediocre games) were with the Rams under Jeff F'in Fisher. Look at what the Rams just did after ditching that moron this season.

The other 3 games were in KC with a 105 passer rating.
And he still wasnt able to find a gig.

Very much doubt anyone is going to try to make Foles their franchise QB.

Foles won't be the starter in Philly. He probably won't even be on the team period next year. The report is they trade him to free up cap space to re-sign their major free agents. Foles is a QB who's capable of greatness at times, but is not consistently great or even good. At most, if Wentz is shitting the bed at some point next season, some asshole Philly fans might troll him by chanting "we want Foles" or "bring back Foles" or some shit like that.

everyone keeps saying wentz is the future and foles is older etc .. foles isn't that old .. he's only 4 yrs older .. and wentz age doesn't guarantee them anything ..

but what we do know now is that foles can be elite when it counts and he can beat the very best on the biggest stage ..

no one knows how good wentz will be or if he'll be able to lead them to a title the way foles did .. he's never done it .. we don't know what kind of playoff qb he will be .. regular season =/= playoffs .. foles looked exceptional in the post season .. his sb was incredible .. guy never looked fazed one bit and looked like a poised veteran out there in front of 100+ million crowd .. not easy to pull off .. I don't think it should be that clear cut but I suppose it will be wentz ... I would make them compete for the job in camp .. foles has earned as much .. I wish foles much success .. he can surely ball
You have to be consistently good/great in the regular season just to make it to the playoffs. Foles hasn't shown that. Wentz is a franchise QB in a great system. It's really not even a question. Foles is just a great insurance policy. They would probably keep him for that purpose, but considering his trade value and that they need cap space to re-sign some of their key guys, he most likely gets traded.

After this playoff run you doubt someone will give him a shot?

We'll see.

i think you overestimate the intelligence of nfl execs. scott mitchell and matt cassel are perfect examples of very short high points leading to teams buying into them as franchise qb's.

that said, wentz has a bazillion dollars guaranteed. he isnt going anywhere and he isnt gonna be a backup. it isnt like wentz was stinking it up. he was on his way to a possible mvp season

i think you overestimate the intelligence of nfl execs. scott mitchell and matt cassel are perfect examples of very short high points leading to teams buying into them as franchise qb's.

that said, wentz has a bazillion dollars guaranteed. he isnt going anywhere and he isnt gonna be a backup. it isnt like wentz was stinking it up. he was on his way to a possible mvp season
Brock Osweiler got $72 million going into 2016, LOL. Foles is actually a lot better than him. His TD:INT ratio is twice as high. His career passer rating is 11 points higher. Brock's career completion percentage is under 60%, while Foles is over 60%. That used to be considered one of the biggest markers of an elite QB, although not really anymore because basically every starting QB is over 60% now. But Brock still being under 60% in today's league is a sign of how much he sucks. And he still got paid, so...

The gig is simply because of Foles though. He questioned himself too many times if he's cutting it in NFL and you can see by his previous performances he thought he was done...I'm not quite sold with his good performance vs. the vikings...but on Superbowl night vs. Pats where Brady looked formidable as ever...I mean...not even a big lead is safe with the Pats that played last night...It was simply a testament at how good Foles can be.

Who'll become the starting Quarterback for the Eagles this fall? Will this become a QB controversy?

Nick Foles or Carson Wentz?

Foles should start the season, Wentz should heal the fuck up. No need to rush anything.

No you cant.

Big Dick Nick has done some crazy things with the Eagles but teams arent going to forget he was absolute shit outside of there.

They absolutely would. He's shown that, when on his shit, he can be clutch. He has a super bowl ring... any team will assume their coaches are better than Jeff Fisher, and that they can get production from Foles.
Shit, think of other guys... Bork got a shitload of money and the survey says he's shit. Foles is capable of excellence.

But Drew wasn't that great.

From worst in the league to a super bowl appearance in 3 yrs. You're right, he totally sucked.

He also got them to the 2001 SB by wining the game at Pittsburgh in relief.

Do people really believe that Drew Bledsoe was a can?

Bledsoe ranks fifth all-time in completions (3,839), seventh in passing yards (44,611), and 13th in touchdown passes (251).

No you cant.

Big Dick Nick has done some crazy things with the Eagles but teams arent going to forget he was absolute shit outside of there.
Yes, there are a few elite QBs in the history of NFL that hasn't sucked before they shine. And then there are those who simply shine when all is on the line in the biggest stage of football vs. the most dominating team in the History...I don't know where Foles will go from here, or he will be able to win another ring, start as Eagles QB, or start on another team or he would simply fade fast....But last night, history was made and he right in the center of it.
1. 1st Eagles Superbowl - Foles may just walk the streets of Philly never to pay for a meal again.
2. 1st QB to ever score a touchdown from a pass.
3. Back-Up QB vs. Tom fucking Brady.

From worst in the league to a super bowl appearance in 3 yrs. You're right, he totally sucked.

He also got them to the 2001 SB by wining the game at Pittsburgh in relief.

If you watched him play every game like I did, you'd know Brady was leagues better than him even in his year. Brady's decision making was so much better.

If you watched him play every game like I did, you'd know Brady was leagues better than him even in his year. Brady's decision making was so much better.

You might be the worst shit tier poster in these NFL threads. And I don't mean that in a small way.

.But last night, history was made and he right in the center of it.
1. 1st Eagles Superbowl - Foles may just walk the streets of Philly never to pay for a meal again.
2. 1st QB to ever score a touchdown from a pass.
3. Back-Up QB vs. Tom fucking Brady.

Hard to argue, those are the facts.

You might be the worst shit tier poster in these NFL threads. And I don't mean that in a small way.

WTF are you talking about? Did you watch Drew Bledsoe play at all? I saw every one of his games you and didn't just start watching football like you.

Also, what other posts are shit tier?

Similar thing happened to Drew Bledsoe when he got injured and replaced by a young...Tom Brady. Led them to the Super Bowl and poor Drew never got the starting role back.
Wasn't Drew old as fuck by then though?

Back