Nick Diaz's legendary strikeforce run was one of my favorites memories of MMA (MUSTWATCH)

Those fights were so much fun.

Nick screaming at Cris Cyborg post fight after beating the absolute shit out of her husband was classic too

Wonder how Nick reacts when he's the one being taunted...
You can clearly notice how out of their game he's made some of his opponents mid-fight.

Being a huge Lauren Murphy fan and the reason I started watching mma was Lauren Murphy. . I’m going to give this video about this nick Diaz fella a watch. As he’s on Lauren Murphy’s undercard.

Short-haired KJ ends that run.

The striking of those guys was so awful.
Nick couldn't hurt a fly yet in some of those bouts back then. Hits with like 50 unanswered punches and the other guy is still not knocked out.
He got better near the end of strikeforce

Being a huge Lauren Murphy fan and the reason I started watching mma was Lauren Murphy. . I’m going to give this video about this nick Diaz fella a watch. As he’s on Lauren Murphy’s undercard.

True dat, haha. ^^
I don't even know why they show her.
I always fast forward when I see her.
An unknown sacrifice lamb, who should retire after this bout.

Legendary lol

What's legendary about it?

nick-diaz.gif

For anyone who watched Diaz's run with Strikeforce live you remember how awesome it was. Watching this as a teenager was fucking awesome. It brings a tear to my eye remembering how great MMA was. Diaz had some great rivalries in Strikeforce as well. FYI Strikeforce was FUCKING AWESOME!

Robbie Lawlers run in the UFC WW Division SHITS ON Diaz's run in Strikeforce. It's not even close. Diaz beat a bunch of mid-level guys in Strikeforce.

Love all this Nick stuff. However, after the issues: weight, getting KO'd in practice......Anyone else a little nervous?

Yeah it was super fun man, still gutted we didn't get the Jay Heron fight, that's was one of the bigger fights to make at the time.
But yeah, even the Elite XC fights were great too. I still say he has the most entertaining resume in all of MMA

nick and wanderlei I think are my two favorites to watch of all time

Robbie’s return to the UFC resurgence was one of my favorites.

Thanks for sharing TS. Good memories.

Those were the days man. Back before any bum could get into UFC and WMMA didn't ruin every card. What happened to our beloved sport?

Funny as you say this, Diaz is one of those bums who got through on name value and his mouth alone. He never fought through a top division, and when he did faced top competition he always lost. He has a long list of D level fighters on his resume.

Nick derailing the Zaromskis hype train was pretty dope. People were hyping him up to be the next version of Mirko, just smaller. Nick put an end to that shit fairly easily.

It was so great he avoided any tough match ups and his opponents had a SF record of 7-22. His only ranked win was against Paul fucking Daley

For anyone who watched Diaz's run with Strikeforce live you remember how awesome it was. Watching this as a teenager was fucking awesome. It brings a tear to my eye remembering how great MMA was. Diaz had some great rivalries in Strikeforce as well. FYI Strikeforce was FUCKING AWESOME!

strikefore was definitely awesome. That’s why ufc bought them.

Nick derailing the Zaromskis hype train was pretty dope. People were hyping him up to be the next version of Mirko, just smaller. Nick put an end to that shit fairly easily.
Hey, the "Whitemare" is still my man! <DCrying>

Diaz beating him after Marius' impressive DREAM run (especially the WWGP that he HK'd his way in) was a very interesting fight, even if I was rooting for Zaromskis, sadly...
Nick had much longer arms, which helped when he boxed him out.

I loved that time period in Strikeforce, lots of interesting match-ups for Nick.
The rematch against long-haired KJ Noons was also badass, "short haired KJ" was born, "what If Noons didn't have to keep his locks from falling in from of his eyes, would he have boxed better?"

Then of course after this run, GSP was suddenly hiding in the UFC fighting nobodies, "da real 209 WW champ is here, the peoples' champ!!! St-Pierre has never stood-n-banged with a striker like Diaz, never!! and he won't start now! Look a how he pieced up prime BJ Penn, champ shit only!!! "

Back