Nick Diaz will have fought GOAT's from 3 different weight classes

2cftg0m.gif

Oh please . Gsp beat his ass. Nobody messing with gsp

LW in my opinion doesn't really have a GOAT. LW does have many great fighters, some of past and present. BJ is one of these greats.

Thoughts?

100% agreed. My reason for not stating one.

LW in my opinion doesn't really have a GOAT. LW does have many great fighters, some of past and present. BJ is one of these greats.

Thoughts?

Stupid opinion.
You're just refusing to acknowledge BJ.

If he's the best, then he's the GOAT.
You're just refusing to acknowledge it.

I hate JJ but i acknowledge he is P4P #1 currently.

Stupid opinion.
You're just refusing to acknowledge BJ.

BJ is a beast, but at this stage I see him more as a pioneer of the division. He didn't evolve and looked bad in his last few years.

BJ fighting with rashguards, mild look in the eye, and the right coach > all other goats

BJ is a beast, but at this stage I see him more as a pioneer of the division. He didn't evolve and looked bad in his last few years.

He looked bad in his last few years because of his physical decline. He is still one of the most complete fighters ever

Anderson Silva
Georges St-Pierre
BJ Penn

Considering his record against them it's a pretty amazing testament to the guy's ability to whip up the kind of buzz that puts him in huge fights. Does anyone else even come close? (Helps that he's a reliably game, entertaining fighter.)

Lol don't toss me an article, "playboy" won't read it, because "playboy" doesn't have to.

I understand the relevance of BJ's wins, so no, it isn't obvious. I appreciate the attempt at blindly discrediting me though.

There's a difference between not understanding the relevance of BJ's wins, and understanding the relevance of wins of a fighter such as Pettis. If you go back to what I just said, I completely comprehend how much of an impact BJ Penn has made on the sport. Finishing Gomi as he was entering his prime, brutalizing a prime Diego Sanchez when nobody can find a way to finish him even today, no question he was a scary fighter. He was the best at his time, no question. But you have to recognize how the sport as grown as a whole. Calling BJ the GOAT lw today, imo, is ridiculous. The sport outgrew him.

I feel like you don't understand what the term "Greatest Of All Time" means, really. Fedor right now wouldn't hold the UFC title, that doesn't mean he isn't the heavyweight "GOAT", still. Much like rankings it isn't about who would beat who, it's about who's done what, and no lightweight on the planet who' competed in MMA to date has a better record against relevant competition as BJ Penn. His body of work is, right now, incomparable in the division.

That's usually how it ends.
Same goes with Fedor. He relied too much on his 1 punch KO power late in his career.

It's an impressive list. GOAT or not, however you want to see it, those are some huge fights. You don't get those kind of fights unless you're a big time fighter in the UFC. Nick is a legend.

It's an impressive list. GOAT or not, however you want to see it, those are some huge fights. You don't get those kind of fights unless you're a big time fighter in the UFC. Nick is a legend.

Come on, you have some seriously low standards for what makes a legend

Too bad he has never won a UFC belt, otherwise he's definitely up there.

So the GOAT right now will remain the GOAT forever and ever until the end of time even in the next 1000 years, there will never be another GOAT eventhough MMA only existed for 25 years now?

What he means is there is no such thing as "used to be GOAT", there is simply the greatest of all time, and not the greatest of all time.

Too bad he has never won a UFC belt, otherwise he's definitely up there.

Not only has he never won a UFC belt, but his best WW wins are old Penn and Daley. Thats pretty sad

BJ is the only LW to hold the WW belt (finishing the #2 WW of all time in the process) and he beat Gomi and every other LW during his era in dominating fashion. He spent too much of his time fighting at 170 and against Machida and other nonsense like that instead of just crushing fools in PRIDE during his prime. No doubt he is the GOAT LW, though.

Back