Nick Diaz will be the only person to have fought GSP AND Anderson Silva.

TS is a sherdog legend by now, i think

And he's doing it back to back.

Does anyone else think that's kind of crazy?

He also fought BJ Penn. If this doesn't put him in the top 5 of all time IDK what does.

The last point ruined your thread. This would be an entirely different thread if you just left that out.

Nick is definitely one of the ballsiest fighters of all time, and he is extremely entertaining inside of the cage.

Babalu has fought Hendo, Chuck(twice), and Fedor. Babalu is basically the GOAT.
Randleman fought Bas, Couture, Liddell, Babalu, Rampage, Sakuraba, Fedor, Cro Cop, and Shogun.

The Monster is the real GOAT.

^this. He's in the same boat as guys like Sakuraba. Took big fights, was an underdog and sometimes won big, but lacks that icing on the cake.

He lost UFC title fights to GSP (fine, not surprising but just saying) and Condit. His win over Pride champion Gomi was overturned. He lost an EliteXC LW title fight to KJ Noons.

He's fun to watch and highly skilled but just not a top fighter in terms of accolades. Nothing wrong with that.

Agree with everything you say... except I don't discount the win over Gomi. It was impressive given the level at which Gomi was fighting at the time and the way that he won.

The NC ruling doesn't make it any less impressive, to me. Regardless of whether or not you think it was bullshit to overturn the win and call it a no contest, everything that happened still happened. It's not like a ruling based on PED use where you can reasonably question if things would have played out the same way had the fighter not used PEDs.

That's just the way I see that one.

Randleman fought Bas, Couture, Liddell, Babalu, Rampage, Sakuraba, Fedor, Cro Cop, and Shogun.

The Monster is the real GOAT.

Babalu beat prime Shogun. I forgot that one.

The last point ruined your thread. This would be an entirely different thread if you just left that out.

Nick is definitely one of the ballsiest fighters of all time, and he is extremely entertaining inside of the cage.

Was Nick ballsy when he avoided fights with Hieron, Mayhem and Woodley?

lol hahaha

just because someones not "p4p" doesnt not make them a legend

do you really think people are going to be looking at GSP's boring fights and talking about how exciting he was 30 years from now? No, but I guarantee they will be looking at Nick Diaz and admiring him.

And he's doing it back to back.

Does anyone else think that's kind of crazy?

He also fought BJ Penn. If this doesn't put him in the top 5 of all time IDK what does.

I used to do a lot of stupid shit when I used drugs every day too. Ego. That's all it is.

OP trolling hard as usual...

Unless Anderson has really faded I believe we'll see the classic difference between GSP and Silva emerge again.

GSP took Diaz the distance and won easily.

Silva will knock him the !@#$ out.

Unless Anderson has really faded I believe we'll see the classic difference between GSP and Silva emerge again.

Silva is also a weight-class bigger. He should be expected to knock out a WW in Diaz

The gsp Diaz fight was pathetic from both guys. Gsp was scared shitless to even stand with nick, and spent the entire 25 minutes smothering him on the ground, inflicting zero damage. And it seemed like nick was content to just sit there, or couldn't get up because gsp wasn't leaving any openings with his lame ass strategy.

Diaz really is unique in terms of not giving a fuck about anything except getting paid.

The gsp Diaz fight was pathetic from both guys. Gsp was scared shitless to even stand with nick, and spent the entire 25 minutes smothering him on the ground, inflicting zero damage. And it seemed like nick was content to just sit there, or couldn't get up because gsp wasn't leaving any openings with his lame ass strategy.

All strategies are lame-ass if they result in Nick losing and looking like a limited fighter.

beating a washed up penn, getting dominated by gsp and probably finished by silva. definitely top 5.

nick diaz will fight anyone. a lot of guys wouldn't. that's why he gets the respect that he does. and deservedly so.

method=get&s=mayhem-miller-08-21-10-2-17-4-948.jpg

Back