Nick Diaz was out striking GSP 8 years ago-

Nick pretending he was winning the fight by goofing around and him actually winning the fight are two totally different things.

Dumbest comment on sherdog today...

It's like saying Rich Franklin hasn't won a fight in 9 years...

He hasn't fought in over 6 years.

such dumb on this site... ooo hasn't in 10 years!!!

Just for reference he was on an 11 fight streak going into the Condit fight which frankly was a travesty because Condit ran away for 25 minutes.

Then he fought the GOAT WW to a decision.

Then he fought a consensus GOAT MW who was juiced to the gills on PEDs to a decision.

Trying using this thing called context bud.
Ringrust tho

That was a fight nick got cause gsp cherry picked him too.

Dumbest comment on sherdog today...

It's like saying Rich Franklin hasn't won a fight in 9 years...

He hasn't fought in over 6 years.

such dumb on this site... ooo hasn't in 10 years!!!

Just for reference he was on an 11 fight streak going into the Condit fight which frankly was a travesty because Condit ran away for 25 minutes.

Then he fought the GOAT WW to a decision.

Then he fought a consensus GOAT MW who was juiced to the gills on PEDs to a decision.

Trying using this thing called context bud.
they can’t handle the truth.

i know this is conventional wisdom but I kinda disagree with it

Nate during his lightweight run to the title shot was really good. and Nick while being great himself perhaps fought….ill say ok competition for most of his career

gomi is a good win but the weight disparity was a little absurd
paul daley was a good. win but. i guess if paul daley is a top 3 win of yours who did you fight?

Paul Daley at that time was pretty great, but st the end of thr day, TS is delusional. Also, Nick didn't outstrips GSP for one single round of that fight.

you thought he won the condit fight?
It’s less about Diaz losing as it is about how Condit won. Yeah he objectively won based on metrics, but point fighting is playing the system more than it is actually trying to fight your opponent. It’s the unfortunate Diaz loophole, your odds of winning increase the less you engage them in actual fighting, boxing, or brawling. Point Kickboxing or straight LnP is the foolproof way to beat them.

No he was not. Nick had his moments standing and landed some nice shots but Gsp still won the striking.

This talk of Nick Diaz coming back reminds me- where is Ricardo Arona? He could easily beat Jan Blahowitz!
Surfing waves and banging babes, waiting to come back like a starving tiger with blood in it's eyes.

You know he koed LAWLER??? Come on ip man...
And he outclassed Penn at a time when that was actually impressive. These young'uns don't remember the days when BJ was carving the LW division up like a Halloween pumpkin.
bj-penn-licking-blood-GIF-crazy-2.gif.9de7eb4aa33c118b4f2ad6ea883d2c05.gif

It’s less about Diaz losing as it is about how Condit won. Yeah he objectively won based on metrics, but point fighting is playing the system more than it is actually trying to fight your opponent. It’s the unfortunate Diaz loophole, your odds of winning increase the less you engage them in actual fighting, boxing, or brawling. Point Kickboxing or straight LnP is the foolproof way to beat them.
You can't engage Nick in a straight brawl, he's too good a boxer. It was a frustrating fight to watch, I'll admit that but I thought Condit won and I was rooting for Nick.

He was doing good work on GSPs body as well as landing nice shots in the clinch but GSP had amazing Superman jabs that he was landing all night in Nick.

GSP is just too athletic for Nick, nothing wrong with that because GSP is more athletic than everyone he faced with maybe the exception of BJ Penn.

Nah. GSP took him down at will and neutralized him. Call it a boring decision if you want (i do) but GSP was in almost complete control of the fight. It might of honestly been one of diaz shitter performances

And he outclassed Penn at a time when that was actually impressive. These young'uns don't remember the days when BJ was carving the LW division up like a Halloween pumpkin.
bj-penn-licking-blood-GIF-crazy-2.gif.9de7eb4aa33c118b4f2ad6ea883d2c05.gif
They don't remember because that never happened

Back