Nick Diaz Vs Nate Diaz

I personally enjoyed watching Nate's career more. From the Ultimate fighter right up to now. It has been a hell of a ride. I enjoyed some of Nick's fights back in the day as well. Hard to say who is better. I never really had the need to compare them.

I personally don't like Nick Diaz's personality and excuses. He comes off as a mean and miserable person in every interview i ever saw him in. Nate seems more goofy and fun loving. I Never could stand watching Nick Diaz in interviews spew his sob stories and victim complex. He comes off as such a miserable unhappy human being that i was always routing against him rather then for him towards the end.. So i guess I am Bias in that sense and will always consider Nate the better of the two for personal reasons. Seemed more professional inside and out of the cage.

Against Condit he just stopped trying in the third, against GSP he turtled, crawled away from the fight and never even tried going for subs or sweeps, and against Anderson he turned into a passive counterstiker for some reason
I'd have to watch the GSP fight and Silva fight again. Condit fight though I gotta disagree there. Diaz was stalking Condit hard in the third round and started even trying to get takedowns in the fourth since Condit was running the whole time. He even took his back at the end of the fight.

Lol at Nick being better than Nate. What in the fucking world

Nate is a journeyman yeah but so is Nick. What is Nick’s best win even? Paul Daley? Robbie Lawler 15 years ago?

Please. Nick legitimately may be the most overrated fighter ever

I used to absolutely love the Diaz brothers but as time went on, I grew to hate them instead viewing them as entitled whiners who won’t fight.

Nate has came out of his brothers shadow and clearly looked to evolve as a fighter though. I like him.

Nick instead is wasting the last few years of his career bitter and refusing to fight. It’s a shame because he could have put on a lot of fun fights

Only idiots think that. Nate has beaten WAY better fighters and done much better against top ranked opponents. Nick is a terrible 1-7 against non LWs. Nate has beaten 6 top 10 opponents. It's not even close between the two. Nick has better TDD and that's it. Nate has better BJJ, faster, better footwork (I know that doesn't say much), and way more heart. Nick gives up when he is outmatched

The difference between the two is Nick left the UFC and built his hype avoiding wrestlers and beating unranked fighters. While Nate stayed and got beat by top ranked guys. Nate has beaten the better fighters and it's not close
Well said. I’ve said this very thing for some time.

Additionally, I do think Nick is the better boxer. As a total fighter, Nate has potential to achieve more and seems to have has done so with purse and PPVs at this point.

They're both awesome but Nate has became much more known and famous.

Nick hasn't fought in 400 years though.

It used to be Nick for me but today I'll go with Nate. Things have changed. Last I've seen of Nick he started drinking and was mumbling shit on Instagram while his brother ruined the UFC hype machine and is smoking doobs at open workouts. I've always liked both but I think I like Nate a tad more.

I gotta go with Nick, I've seen Nate slow down in fights, but Nick's cardio is something else

theyre differently equal imo.
Theyre both volume strikers.
Nate is a better distance fighter.
Nick is better in close range.

In terms of personality,
Nate is more quantity as he talks a lot more(still quality stuff), Nick is moreso quality as he doesnt say much but when he does its hilarious. theyre both real, and say profound shit, in their own way.
They're both equally authentic to themselves and doesnt try to be someone else.

In terms of legacy,
Nick got the Diaz army started,
Nates keeping the Diaz army going.
They've both (equally) have put on some of the best fights in MMA history.

Nates a more complete fighter now though. But who knows, same could be said about Nick. He might look totally different if he comes back.

Back