Nick Diaz vs conor mcgregor... who wins??

Except Condit didn't do a stick-and-move strategy, he literally fought going backwards and used a lot of weak kicks to score points. Honestly, I can't see Conor being capable of doing that. If he attempts anything similar to a stick-and-move strategy, he's going to go in with his hands and when he does he'll get caught repeatedly, and Nick will be hitting harder than Nate in those exchanges.
To be fair Condit had like a 90 something % finish rate before that fight and never fought like that before. Imagine if that combo he landed in the 4th round was full power and committed!!
Anyway Nick might get dropped at some point vs Conor but would beat the fuck out of Conor. I highly doubt Conor would ever want that fight. Nate is already more than he can handle.

Conors main asset was his reach/height compared to his opponents. Negate that and hes nowhere near as effective. Add Nicks chin, cardio, boxing and jits to that and Conor would be completely screwed.

Except Condit didn't do a stick-and-move strategy,
wrong. It was pretty classic stick and move as adapted to MMA.

he literally fought going backwards
No. That would have been Nick's dream as he loves guys who can only move in straight lines. Condit was stick the jab or a quick kick and move laterally, not back and forth.

and used a lot of weak kicks to score points.
the "weak kicks" where to score points and win rounds but also to keep Nick from setting up. NIck is a guy you need to disrupt and not allow him to just walk you down and back you straight up.

Honestly, I can't see Conor being capable of doing that. If he attempts anything similar to a stick-and-move strategy, he's going to go in with his hands and when he does he'll get caught repeatedly, and Nick will be hitting harder than Nate in those exchanges.
Nick is better than Nate so yes he is a bigger threat. But Nick is very susceptible to a stick and move strategy. He does not counter well at all so if COnor hits and moves and scores points and does not gas, Nick will struggle to keep up with him. Cries of 'he won't stand still' or 'he is just running and point fighting' would be screamed from the rafters and that is exactly what Conor should do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back